Would someone like to send in an intelligent well-written rebuttal?

James329

I am so tired of hearing/reading crap like this...

http://www.ntdaily.com/?p=67587

And I really fault the nt daily for even publishing it. It's nothing more than a blatant jab at athletics. There's plenty of things I paid for that I didn't use that are non-athletics. How many people are actually going to use the Union that is more expensive than the stadium? Im tired of the athletic bashing culture that exists around this university. It's time to quit making it so easy and comfortable for people to do this.

To make matters worse, pegasusnews ran this "article" as well.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

What a tool.

Look, if we didn't pay for the stuff this guy used that we didn't, I'm pretty sure his costs would go up, and with his mentality, he'd probably crap a brick about that cost, too. Heck, I would venture a guess that if we ran a university according to that system, we would just have a college, and not a great one at that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What University in the US actually has fees listed ala-carte? Does he really think a system like that would work?

Exactly like Taxes. They're in place to supplement departments. This guy is a PhD student too!

I'll never understand, if someone doesn't care about athletics or it's associated fees, then fine. There's plenty of community colleges and trade schools out there.

Doesn't want to pay fees but probably drops a ton on D&D crap.

Idiot...

• Upvote 2

This was picked up by Pegasus a couple of days ago, no one cares enough to comment. I'm sorry but any where he goes to get his masters he'll have to pay fees. If he doesn't want all the "extra crap" there are several online diploma mills that would love to have his money.

• Upvote 2

For a history major, his writing displays a sad lack of historical knowledge. Wasn't there a vote of the student body in addition to the vote of the SGA? I might be wrong about that. I can't count the number of things I get charged fees over which I don't care.

We might ask him to pay the actual cost his class rooms.

• Upvote 1