YYZ28,

Good job of piling on the bs. It will take awhile to sort the information from the verbage. A quick overview suggests it's just the same old cast reciting the same old trash. I suspect a creationist could collect just as massive a set of blurbs - but evolution would still be true.

I'm an evolutionist. We can see it repeated and trending in millions of years of fossil record. We can observe it. We can recreate it in a lab. All of which are thresholds unmet by the man-made climate change crowd.

Much of what I posted is from this year and last. I suppose I can dismiss your sources as trash just as easily. Instead, I'll read them all with an open mind and be willing to admit that there isn't really any consensus as evidenced by the fact we can both fill post after post with folks agreeing with our point of view. Volumes of competing ideas does not a consensus make.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

YYZ28,

Science is always tentative. Nothing is ever proven. That said, the effects of CO2 in the atmosphere are well understood. The release of fossil CO2 by man is well documented. The correlation between burning fossil fuels and mean global temperatures is well documented. You can doubt any or all of this if you like but if you do, you do so for economic, political, or religious reasosns, not scientific.

If you care about the science behind the controversy I suggest you tune into a webcast concerning the release of a report by the U.S. Academy of Sciences & the U.K.'s Royal Society. The live broadcast will be this morning at 9:00 CST. You can access it through this link -

http://nas-sites.org/americasclimatechoices/events/a-discussion-on-climate-change-evidence-and-causes/

The written report can be accessed at the same link.

YYZ28,

Good job of piling on the bs. It will take awhile to sort the information from the verbage. A quick overview suggests it's just the same old cast reciting the same old trash. I suspect a creationist could collect just as massive a set of blurbs - but evolution would still be true.

You keep diverting discussion to your evolution straw-man. Kinda reeks of desperation, and credibility is lost this way... Stay focused.

Just-The-Facts-Maam-Moms-Grilled-Cheese-

Larry Mowry said this morning that last night was the DFW's 50th freeze of the winter, making the 2013-14 winter the 19th coldest winter in recorded weather history for this region.

Is that a qualifier?

Rick

so....no global warming???

Progress??

Lol!!

Could you please tell us who funds these 2 organizations?

Did you bother to listen to the webcast, UNT90? Or read the report? No, of course not. And if you did it wouldn't change your mind. Science denial is an incurable disease.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Did you bother to listen to the webcast, UNT90? Or read the report? No, of course not. And if you did it wouldn't change your mind. Science denial is an incurable disease.

I have a job. I work for a living and don't sit around listening to webcast (unless they are about Mean Green Sports).

Care to let us know who finds these organizations?

Edited by UNT90

i didn't watch the webcast as I was engaged in an obscene profit conference call at my capitalist pig entrepreneurship venture. Sorry.

Neither yyz28 nor UNT90 bothered to listen to nor read a report from the two most prestigious scientific organizations in the world and yet they're still willing to pretend they're informed on this subject. Ignorance is bliss.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2