Texas regents call special meeting days after UNT coach’s visit

Harry

gallery_1_77_14188.jpg

AUSTIN, Texas — University of Texas at Austin regents have scheduled a special meeting to authorize hiring a women’s basketball coach.

The meeting on Monday will come less than a week after North Texas coach Karen Aston visited Austin to discuss the opening with Texas officials, including President William Powers. She is believed to be the only coach brought in for an interview.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/texas-regents-call-special-meeting-days-after-unt-coachs-visit-to-discuss-vacant-womens-job/2012/03/30/gIQA9wxLlS_story.html

This post has been promoted to an article

crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap

crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap

crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap

crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap

crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap

crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap

crapcrap

crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap

crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap

crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap

crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap ... CRAP!

If this happens, then congrats to Karen. I was really hoping she would have five years or so to really lay down a foundation before leaving. However, it's a great opportunity to find another quality coach who can continue the upward trend.

It'll really stink for the girls on the team having to learn a third system in three years.

Edited by NorthTexan95
  • Upvote 2

i think its a combo effect, i think she was upset if the fact that even after the hot start...we averaged about 100 people per women's game (blame this on who ever u like, im not going there) and the fact that this is the job she has always wanted....if someone offered you your dream job, with a raise in salary, how many would turn this down. It really sucks for us becuase i thought we would make some noise in the belt, but its understandable for her to leave. Just my 2 cents...

• Upvote 2

I don't blame her at all for wanting to leave after the way this athletic department and our alumni association treated her.

Rick

I guess the Athletic Department shouldn't open the Mean Green Room after half time of the women's game when there are double headers scheduled either.

:notfair:

• Upvote 2

Rick, could you please clairfy you comments regarding her treatment at North Texas? we paid $100,000 to buy her out of her existing contract and to my knowledge gave her what she needed to be successful. she will get about $1million annual raise at UT, is an excellent coach, and while i hate to see her go i wish her nothing but the best. Ward

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1