Wow

emmitt01

Did anyone else notice that while we only had a fraction of our normal crowd there, the noise the fans made (at points) was as loud as it has been at other games with 4-5 times that many fans? Shows who the true fans are and who the ones are doing most of the cheering at the other games.

Just an observation.

Who is "we"? Most couldn't be bothered to brave some RAIN. Yes, rain. You know, water. Bunch of unshowered folks around here I'm guessing.

And why does it matter if you showed up? Probably because recruits were there. The players were there. And people who look at our university as a potential member of their conference pay attention to these things. Like I've said before, if you can't be bothered to show up because of whichever lame excuse you choose then I hope you enjoy performances like today...dominant showings AGAINST THE SUNBELT.

That guy that went out and put up 313 yards today, he didn't get to spew excuses. If it was rainy, he went to practice...and played the games. If the Mavericks, or Stars, or Cowboys or Rangers (or UT) were on, he still went to workouts, or class, or practice, or the games. If we were playing the lowly teams of the Sun Belt and not some regional foe, he still stayed in condition, still studied his playbook, still gave everything he had even despite injuries this season. And tonight, on an occassion where he broke our university's all-time rushing record (and set a conference record as well), he looked up in the stands and saw that water...WATER...kept those who bitch and moan from the safety of their keyboards about the fruits of his blood, sweat and tears away from the game and away from giving him and every senior on this team the ovation they deserved. Pathetic.

Perfectly said. Even if this team was 0-12, or one of the greatest players in school history wasn't playing his last game, these players DESERVED to have more fans out there. These players bust their ASS day in and day out, regardless of the weather conditions or the temperature. They fight through injuries, and on top of that, they juggle enough time to study, go to class, and enjoy some of what college life is. They don't ask for much. Is it too much to expect that "fans" brave a little water to give these young men the proper send off they have EARNED? I know some can not get out of other committments, or some live too far away. However, if your sole excuse is a little rain, you owe those guys an apology.

Now that is out of the way, I thoroughly enjoyed this ass whooping of epic proportions, and I plan to make the trip to the Smurf next year.

GO MEAN GREEN! On to basketball!

I can't fault you for not attending from Florida. I have a much more direct beef with the 120K+ that have a connection to UNT that can't be bother to drive 5 minutes or half an hour to see a game once in a while.

I have said it before and will continue to say it: College football should not be about supporting the team only when they win. It isn't professional sports. You go to a college, you support your college.

Who says people that don't go to games don't support or love their college? I know people that went to UNT and others who went to other institutions and they never really got into college sports and if they were in to it while a student they just lost that craze after they got out.

Again this is ridiculous to continuously bitch about the attendance because this isn't a new phenomenon. It takes time building a fanbase especially this one because we have a history of being terrible and irrelevant. Fans will come if we keep on an upward trend and continue to win and win big.

And again quite accusing people as being real fans or not...we need all the fans we can get whether they're good or bad or real or fake...criticizing people for not coming to games won't persuade them to attend and support us.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I'm fighting a cold, I made it to the game, and loved every minute of it. A great performance by the Mean Green. I haven't missed a home game since 2006 and I really wanted to keep that intact. I may be sicker now, but it was one of the best MG games I have ever been to. I'm looking forward to next year.

• Upvote 2

Obviously, the Big East cared about SMU's attendance...

Some people need to just enjoy a historic night instead of acting like a bunch of 13 yr old girls

I agree with you man. Some people on this forum will find anything to bitch at. We blew a team out tonight and Lance Dunbar had a career game to cap of the great rushing career in UNT history. Yet people bitch because we did not have a full house in the pouring rain.

From what I read, the official attendance seems to be incorrect...could anybody give a pretty realistic approximation of what attendance was? Possibly 10k? And sigh, the ONE home game I HAD to miss this season and it turns out to be one of the best of all-time....SIGH.

More like 3,000 realistically.

My wife and I were there and we enjoyed every second of the game, the senior day activities, having fun with fellow members of the Mean green nation, the Alumni Pavilion before the game, and yes, getting a little wet. It's football, it's December...it rains. What I was happy about regarding the weather is that it was not overly cold to go along with the wet.

GREAT game and a significant win #5 for the Mean Green. If you stayed home, you missed a great day to be Green and to support the seniors who have been through a lot more than a little rain shower during their four years. I totally disagree with the comment made here that the players had looks of disgust on their faces. The players I saw and those I know were more than happy with the day and the game. Sure, all would have liked a packed house, but they knew that was not going to be the case given the weather.

We all knew before the game who would show up and who wouldn't and we knew the students would definitely not show up and they didn't...it really is sad that when the alum side far outnumbers the student side...remember, lots of the alums in attendance were inside the Club area and in the boxes and really couldn't be seen from the student side. I saw them...they were there...sure, they didn't have to get wet, but they did show up.

I appreciate each and every person who showed up and I appreciate the effort made to support this program. The "fair weather" fans will begin to come with the wins and they'll claim they were there through the good and through the bad, but who cares? No me, I just want the bandwagon to start filling up.

I can guarantee you that the team, the athletic department and the coaching staff knows who they can count on....

Great fun yesterday at Apogee...thanks for the memories, seniors...thanks for getting this program back on the road to respectability and winning! Well done! See you in the spring!

I can't fault you for not attending from Florida. I have a much more direct beef with the 120K+ that have a connection to UNT that can't be bother to drive 5 minutes or half an hour to see a game once in a while.

I have said it before and will continue to say it: College football should not be about supporting the team only when they win. It isn't professional sports. You go to a college, you support your college.

It bugs me to be too far away to attend games. If circumstances ever bring us back to Texas I'll be going all the time.

I've never understood why UNT football isn't a bigger deal to the Denton area. When I've visited Clemson a few times, everywhere you go there are Tiger paws. The supermarkets devote aisles to Clemson gear and the campus is at the center of everything. UNT football isn't on a level with Clemson, of course, but UNT has more than twice as many students. Denton residents share their town with an enormous (and excellent) public university. You'd think there would be more local pride in that.

• Upvote 1

My wife and I were there and we enjoyed every second of the game, the senior day activities, having fun with fellow members of the Mean green nation, the Alumni Pavilion before the game, and yes, getting a little wet. It's football, it's December...it rains. What I was happy about regarding the weather is that it was not overly cold to go along with the wet.

GREAT game and a significant win #5 for the Mean Green. If you stayed home, you missed a great day to be Green and to support the seniors who have been through a lot more than a little rain shower during their four years. I totally disagree with the comment made here that the players had looks of disgust on their faces. The players I saw and those I know were more than happy with the day and the game. Sure, all would have liked a packed house, but they knew that was not going to be the case given the weather.

We all knew before the game who would show up and who wouldn't and we knew the students would definitely not show up and they didn't...it really is sad that when the alum side far outnumbers the student side...remember, lots of the alums in attendance were inside the Club area and in the boxes and really couldn't be seen from the student side. I saw them...they were there...sure, they didn't have to get wet, but they did show up.

I appreciate each and every person who showed up and I appreciate the effort made to support this program. The "fair weather" fans will begin to come with the wins and they'll claim they were there through the good and through the bad, but who cares? No me, I just want the bandwagon to start filling up.

I can guarantee you that the team, the athletic department and the coaching staff knows who they can count on....

Great fun yesterday at Apogee...thanks for the memories, seniors...thanks for getting this program back on the road to respectability and winning! Well done! See you in the spring!

I agree, regardless of the attendance it was a great day for UNT Football. We brought our grandchildren to the game and we all were fortunate to witness UNT Football history.

Did anyone see to TCU attendance on replays? simular to our turnout.

It bugs me to be too far away to attend games. If circumstances ever bring us back to Texas I'll be going all the time.

I've never understood why UNT football isn't a bigger deal to the Denton area. When I've visited Clemson a few times, everywhere you go there are Tiger paws. The supermarkets devote aisles to Clemson gear and the campus is at the center of everything. UNT football isn't on a level with Clemson, of course, but UNT has more than twice as many students. Denton residents share their town with an enormous (and excellent) public university. You'd think there would be more local pride in that.

Clemson reminded of Texas small towns that support their football team. Loved it. If my kid grows up to be a DI football player and wants to play @ Clemson it wouldn't bother me.