Wow

emmitt01

Yes because beating MUTS in front of a thousand people really impresses potential conferences...

You people just don't get it.

We get it. Were you there?

Who freaking cares!!! This was the most dominant performance we've seen in a long time and this board still would rather complain about attendance...pathetic

Who is "we"? Most couldn't be bothered to brave some RAIN. Yes, rain. You know, water. Bunch of unshowered folks around here I'm guessing.

And why does it matter if you showed up? Probably because recruits were there. The players were there. And people who look at our university as a potential member of their conference pay attention to these things. Like I've said before, if you can't be bothered to show up because of whichever lame excuse you choose then I hope you enjoy performances like today...dominant showings AGAINST THE SUNBELT.

That guy that went out and put up 313 yards today, he didn't get to spew excuses. If it was rainy, he went to practice...and played the games. If the Mavericks, or Stars, or Cowboys or Rangers (or UT) were on, he still went to workouts, or class, or practice, or the games. If we were playing the lowly teams of the Sun Belt and not some regional foe, he still stayed in condition, still studied his playbook, still gave everything he had even despite injuries this season. And tonight, on an occassion where he broke our university's all-time rushing record (and set a conference record as well), he looked up in the stands and saw that water...WATER...kept those who bitch and moan from the safety of their keyboards about the fruits of his blood, sweat and tears away from the game and away from giving him and every senior on this team the ovation they deserved. Pathetic.

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

I was there in 2007 vs Wky in the sleet. So was my girlfriend at the time (who did not attend UNT). I married her. And we would have both been there today if we had been anywhere within the continental United States.

So maybe you get it. And maybe we get it. But we need about 25,000 more like us.

It's great you have the money and time to fly back to Denton for games. Not everybody is in that position.

I live in Florida and follow the team the way I can -- on TV and radio. Unless you want to pay my travel expenses, pick up some work hours for me and watch my kids, that ain't changing.

Edited by rcade
  • Upvote 1

Who is "we"? Most couldn't be bothered to brave some RAIN. Yes, rain. You know, water. Bunch of unshowered folks around here I'm guessing.

And why does it matter if you showed up? Probably because recruits were there. The players were there. And people who look at our university as a potential member of their conference pay attention to these things. Like I've said before, if you can't be bothered to show up because of whichever lame excuse you choose then I hope you enjoy performances like today...dominant showings AGAINST THE SUNBELT.

That guy that went out and put up 313 yards today, he didn't get to spew excuses. If it was rainy, he went to practice...and played the games. If the Mavericks, or Stars, or Cowboys or Rangers (or UT) were on, he still went to workouts, or class, or practice, or the games. If we were playing the lowly teams of the Sun Belt and not some regional foe, he still stayed in condition, still studied his playbook, still gave everything he had even despite injuries this season. And tonight, on an occassion where he broke our university's all-time rushing record (and set a conference record as well), he looked up in the stands and saw that water...WATER...kept those who bitch and moan from the safety of their keyboards about the fruits of his blood, sweat and tears away from the game and away from giving him and every senior on this team the ovation they deserved. Pathetic.

Perfectly said. From the empty front row I was able to see the WTF look on every player as they looked in disgust at the stands. Hell of a game.

We get it. Were you there?

I was there. I sat in my regular seat and got soaked but I thoroughly enjoyed the win.

I excuse the handicapped, the fragile, those working, and others with a legitimate excuse but you can't tell me that many fans couldn't show up to see history made.

I'll repeat what someone said earlier, this is a pathetic fan base. We have 36,000 students and other than the band, a few hundred managed to make it to the game. If you don't call that pathetic then you're not a football fan. Most of those attending were in or under the club level and that's fine because you were there. It's the thousands that didn't want to be inconvenienced and wimped out that I have an issue with.

Sure we've come through some hard times but we need you NOW! We may have even blown any chance of moving to a higher conference because we don't support an improving team, under much better coaches, in a great facility. We can no longer blame our administration because finally, after more than fifty years, they have made financial commitments. The enemy is us...we are our own worst enemy. Our fan base will likely keep us out of advancing. If I were the president of another university I'd have a tough time voting for us based on our numbers.

• Upvote 3

My son and I weathered all 4 from the student section. What an amazing game with many records set. What is up with the cannon not being there? Fair weather tradition? Imagine that panty waste cannon in war! "No war today fellas. Boomer cant get wet!"

Please don't ask.

• Downvote 1

I was there. I sat in my regular seat and got soaked but I thoroughly enjoyed the win.

I excuse the handicapped, the fragile, those working, and others with a legitimate excuse but you can't tell me that many fans couldn't show up to see history made.

I'll repeat what someone said earlier, this is a pathetic fan base. We have 36,000 students and other than the band, a few hundred managed to make it to the game. If you don't call that pathetic then you're not a football fan. Most of those attending were in or under the club level and that's fine because you were there. It's the thousands that didn't want to be inconvenienced and wimped out that I have an issue with.

Sure we've come through some hard times but we need you NOW! We may have even blown any chance of moving to a higher conference because we don't support an improving team, under much better coaches, in a great facility. We can no longer blame our administration because finally, after more than fifty years, they have made financial commitments. The enemy is us...we are our own worst enemy. Our fan base will likely keep us out of advancing. If I were the president of another university I'd have a tough time voting for us based on our numbers.

It's hard to have a loyal fanbase when we've sucked pretty much our entire existence outside of maybe 8 or 9 years.

It takes time and impressive wins to turn a situation as bad as ours around. Y'all act surprised about the turnout. Seriously, what else were you expecting?

Guys....who you saw tonight is who you have to work with as a true "fanbase" that can access the stadium with at least moderate ease (mostly DFW based). You are freaking kidding yourselves if you think that we were going to get more than that with this weather. Winning cures all. I know it is overstated but seriously.... the average fan doesn't know of WKU and their turn around. They just know that they beat us in a heartbreaker last game in our home and that consistency in winning has not been established as of yet. Our metroplex has been named the Greatest Sports town in the U.S. this year but what they really are is the greatest Bandwagon town in regards to sports. Winning is what changes a culture of apathy to one wherein people are interested. You knock off just 1 ranked or well known opponent and we will see ALL sorts of fruits of the labor. Cold and miserable rain doesn't keep those on this board from attending but it does the "so who are we playing again?" or the "well with the rain I guess I will just see the stadium next year" types away from today's game.

Get over it.......it will change with Dan and Co. at the helm. The recruiting class is coming along very nicely and I know that the team will be MORE than ecstatic about coming back onto the field next year.

The fact of the matter is that those players looked up into the stands and saw how bad attendance was but they still gave the most dominating performance, head to toe, that I in my 8 yrs of following UNT (not nearly as long as some of you salty types) have ever seen.

My only realistic complaint about this game is the VERY OBVIOUS tampering with our attendance numbers. Not one of you should make fun of SMU's attendance smudging ever again.

Great game Mean Green! Can't wait to have my seats back next year next to my new found friends in Section 206!