Confirm. Realignment Tidbit from Vito

Harry

I thought this was a pretty interesting tidbit from ECU chancellor Steven Ballard in today's Daily Reflector:

"I think there is a good chance of adding one or two teams in the east that would be prestigious for the conference," Ballard said. "Since that work is going on, I won't mention all of the possibilities, but there are four or five schools that are being seriously talked to as possible new additions to this new merged conference."

Read more on this: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/archives/2011/11/conference-realignment-tidbit.html

We need to be out there. RV has to be open publicly what NT wants to do. Not sure why our AD isn't selling the hell out of our school and whoring us up. Other AD's seem to be pretty forthcoming on what they would like to do.

I love RV but man I think he really needs to be out there publicly stating what we want to do and sell ourselves.

The quote's from the ECU chancellor--we've known all along that ECU has been opposed to adding Texas schools. I'd be more interested to hear what the higher-ups at Tulsa, UTEP, Southern Miss, and Tulane have to say.

Exactly.

I'm sure UTEP's chancellor is just as excited as the ECU chancellor about adding 1 or 2 teams in the west.

The quote's from the ECU chancellor--we've known all along that ECU has been opposed to adding Texas schools. I'd be more interested to hear what the higher-ups at Tulsa, UTEP, Southern Miss, and Tulane have to say.

That's like Arizona or Utah's chancellor saying they don't want to be in the PAC-12 because California has an automatic recruiting advantage. Cry me a freakin river.

I wonder if CUSA's experience with SMU has soured other member schools on the Dallas-Ft. Worth region. With SMU openly campaigning for membership in anything but CUSA, and SMU not being the metroplex presence they expected, maybe CUSA university presidents are not all that excited about another team in the D-FW area.

Maybe they think Ownby Satdium is as good as it gets around D-FW. Wait until they get a look at Apogee Stadium.

GO MEAN GREEN

Careful or you'll end up with an AD that sounds like Plumm.

Like most any other AD in the era of realignment would most likely be as far as beating the drum for their damn school to get out of a cesspool of a league that is stable because its schools have no where else to go because they ain't being asked to go any where else?

North Texas is in the SBC, ie, the CAC (Catch All Conference) today because we have too many wussified alums who still act like they graduated from a freakin teachers college, never demanded more as a collective group (outside a smack board) and wouldn't know the difference between beating Tennessee or Middle Tennessee unless someone told them the allah-damned difference.

I wonder if CUSA's experience with SMU has soured other member schools on the Dallas-Ft. Worth region. With SMU openly campaigning for membership in anything but CUSA, and SMU not being the metroplex presence they expected, maybe CUSA university presidents are not all that excited about another team in the D-FW area.

Maybe they think Ownby Satdium is as good as it gets around D-FW. Wait until they get a look at Apogee Stadium.

GO MEAN GREEN

I can't help but think there is some validity to your hypothesis Joe. The remaining members of CUSA could be fearful that they have become a league where large market teams can develop their programs to become more attractive to the BCS leagues. This could lead them to take a protectionist approach. I still believe the need for TV markets for leveraging network negotiation supersedes this sentiment.

GO MEAN GREEN

I highly doubt this would be the reason. Remember they know they are the better overall conferences when it comes to non AQ ones and they for once are able to pick and choose who they want associated with their conference. I honestly think the reason they may stand pat is because they feel there is not a need to expand currently that would benefit the conference from a performance standpoint and if they do add but don't add NT I just think it may be due to our on the field performance the last 7 years in football. The attendence may or may not make a difference. This is why I think the next season or two it may also be critical for basketball to take a GIANT leap and become a huge force more nationally to make up for the shorcomings in football while they're still in rebuilding mode.

Plus we have to realize the merger will make for 18 teams...I think their thought process will be hey 18 schools is enough for now and we have the two best/better non AQ conference and made them into once thus becoming worthy of an BCS spot. I'm just guessing this could be their thinking as well.

Yep!

OK children, recess is over.

I just love it when a few on this board get offended with a dose of how the way things really are or have been and in the opinion of someone who has followed this 3 ring circus of clown hirings for close to 40 years now.

We are where we are (and apparently will stay) because of who we have hired during most of those 40 years and most of those years those hirings seemedly having no one to answer to but themselves. Pretty damn cushy w/o the need of too many wins.

I am pissed about what is not shaping up for North Texas while 1 other non deserving school gets royal treatment and a pass at every f - - -' n turn. I hope they get found out for the fakes that they are with photos in every eastern newspaper with this caption: "How a winning program in dallas still can't draw flies even if they were a horse shit factory."

:ph34r:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'd be willing to bet that on 24 November 2013 the Mean Green will be in either cUSA or the MWC. We'll all be posting about needing to be in the Big East & how SMU is keeping us out by nefarious means. We'll be bitching about only being 8 and 3. Someone will suggest that our coach, our offensive coordinator, our AD, or our President has to go.

God bless Texas!

• Upvote 2

I'd be willing to bet that on 24 November 2013 the Mean Green will be in either cUSA or the MWC. We'll all be posting about needing to be in the Big East & how SMU is keeping us out by nefarious means. We'll be bitching about only being 8 and 3. Someone will suggest that our coach, our offensive coordinator, our AD, or our President has to go.

God bless Texas!

Bold

God bless Texas!

I'd rather have fans like that than ones that are content on 3 or 4 wins every year and 19K attendance. We have to want nothing but the best, we have accepted mediocrity for far too long.

I'd rather have fans like that than ones that are content on 3 or 4 wins every year and 19K attendance. We have to want nothing but the best, we have accepted mediocrity for far too long.

You can always bet that one point in the prior statement is a perpetual truth---SMU will continue to work tirelessly to downgrade our program and keep us out of their conference whereever that might be. :growl: