We lead the Belt in...

greenminer

sacks!

I just loved reading this.

North Texas is 14th in the nation in sacks this season and leads the Sun Belt Conference with 23. The Mean Green is the only school in the league that has three players in the top-10 in the league in sacks per game. Brandon Akpunku (1st), Brandon McCoy (4th), and Julian Herron(9th) have combined for 15 of the 23 sacks on the year.

mgs.com

I am a Clint Bowen fan.

• Upvote 2

This is a VERY exciting stat. Defensive Front 7 is, to me, the most important part of a team. Just think a couple of years down the line when Mac's guys get in place.... imagine the possibilities...

If we have this, the rest of the defense becomes much easier to scheme with.

When you can get 3 and outs, the offense finds its rhythm much much much easier just by getting to be back on the field quickly instead of sitting around and waiting...

This is a VERY exciting stat. Defensive Front 7 is, to me, the most important part of a team. Just think a couple of years down the line when Mac's guys get in place.... imagine the possibilities...

If we have this, the rest of the defense becomes much easier to scheme with.

When you can get 3 and outs, the offense finds its rhythm much much much easier just by getting to be back on the field quickly instead of sitting around and waiting...

The most exciting thing about the front seven is that 6/7 will be back next season. With KC Obi taking over for AK. I think he'll be a fine replacement. Boutwell gets another offseason to put on more weight, and hopefully Cantly improves, or we go the JUCO route. This front seven is going to be straight nasty next season. If Trice is as advertised, he'll take one of the corner spots, Warner will take the other. Ryan Downing, Brad Graham and John Shorter are all seniors this year. I do not know who is line to take the safety spots, so I'm pretty scared for the pass defense next season, but if they're decent, the defense in 2013 when we have 10 starters back will be reminiscent of the 2003 defense IMO.