Hey, it's Pujols, let's pitch around him again and HELP them start yet another rally.

Larrussa: "Hey Ron, class dissmissed. You can go now".

Rick

Wash had questionable decisions but the bullpen and pitching failed the team. Not to mention the timely hitting. Larussa had some questionable calls too. STL just had that 'it' factor. They deserved to win.

I think this team can definitely be back in the Series next year, but the window is going to close soon. We need a real ace in the rotation. We need to go out there and get the best free agent pitchers money can buy.

I don't disagree on trying to get a true ace. Paying a boatload for an ace usually never works out the way you want. I think the rotation will get better next year just by the maturation of Holland, Harrison, and even Ogando. Not sure who that ace is that would be out there...I guess a trade for Josh Johnson would be nice.

Hey, it's Pujols, let's pitch around him again and HELP them start yet another rally.

Larrussa: "Hey Ron, class dissmissed. You can go now".

Rick

Are you making a game 6 call back?

Because Pujols didn't score.

And if any manager had the choice between Pujols representing the winning run with his bat or representing the winning run with his feet, 100% would choose the latter.

As for tonight, the Card were simply more disciplined and opportunistic at the plate. Seems homers tend to forget 2 teams play in every game.

Blame Wash all you want... we had our all-star, rookie of the year, elite closer on the mound with a two run lead to win the series. He got beat. That's all you can ask for.

And why did the rainout turn everything around for STL and not the Rangers? Because the Cards have an ace they can go to again for game 7. The Rangers had nothing close to an ace all year.... this is not a "GET RID OF CJ!!!1!!" comment - he's a solid mid-rotation guy I'd like to have back- but that was a huge advantage the Cards had.

How do you fix it? Well, you might not. Aces don't grow on trees. Wilson, Holland, Lewis, Harrison, Ogando/Feldman/Feliz (possible)? Yeah, you can win with that. The weird Triple Carpenter circumstance was an aberration.

Edited by CaribbeanGreen

One of these days youll actually learn to talk to girls and won't have to spend your time here on a message board late on Friday nights worrying about ol FFR?

Rick

Actually buddy, I've found quite the lovely girl now...even considering settling down for a bit with one...UNT grad to boot who is 3-0 watching/listening to UNT football games with me. Thing is, she lives in Brooklyn so we only get to see each other every other weekend or so.

What about your Friday night, stud? Shunned from the fire-house shower room for some younger recruit?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Are you making a game 6 call back?

Because Pujols didn't score.

No, I wasn't referring to game six, I was referring to game 7, although Pujols did score in the bottom of the ninth in game six and was int walked his next up at bat in the 10th.

But Wash fully bought into that hors#?@ that the guy somehow hits homers every time he comes up and tonight in the first with two outs Harrison clearly pitched around him, walking him, And starting their rally. You didn't see Carpenter trying to pitch around anyone tonight. You pitch to Pujols and go after him there and shut them down and go into the 2nd with the lead.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

No, I wasn't referring to game six, I was referring to game 7, although Pujols did score in the bottom of the ninth in game six and was int walked his next up at bat in the 10th.

But Wash fully bought into that hors#?@ that the guy somehow hits homers every time he comes up and tonight in the first with two outs Harrison clearly pitched around him, walking him, And starting their rally. You didn't see Carpenter trying to pitch around anyone tonight. You pitch to Pujols and go after him there and shut them down and go into the 2nd with the lead.

Rick

I'm referring to the fact that Wash bought into this "We gotta pitch around

Breaking news -- the Rangers staff pitched around everyone tonight

• Upvote 3

Breaking news -- the Rangers staff pitched around everyone tonight all series.

Fixed it for you. No team has walked more batters in the World Series than the 2011 Texas Rangers. At least we hold the record all by our lonesome, too. No stupid tie or anything.

Great season by the little Rangers. I never thought I would have the chance to sit in the Ballpark in Arlington and watch a world series win by the Rangers. I got to do that this year. Never thought I'd see the Rangers beat the Yankees in a playoff series. Got to see that in person last year. I know the pain is still fresh, but try to keep this in perspective. For those of you at least in your mid 30s, did you ever think the Rangers would go to one World Series, much less back to back? A great run by the little Rangers which I think is far from over.

If Holand mutures mentally, he could easily be your Cliff Lee, Roy Halliday, Chris Carpenter. The Rangers just signed a huge TV contract that will allow them to up the ante with their player salary budget. That could mean that 1st baseman we pitched around all series starts for the Rangers next year. If he wont come, Prince Fielder will.

And the gripes about traditions and lack of them for the Rangers should now be... history. Like the Cubs and the Red Sox, we now have our moment of angst. Actually, two of them. With that thought in mind, I nominate the following four words as the new Rangers fans' battle cry-frustation cry-cry cry:

One Strike Away. Twice.

If Holand mutures mentally, he could easily be your Cliff Lee, Roy Halliday, Chris Carpenter.

Holland should have had the opportunity to set that title as our ace in motion last night. But no, we had to pitch the guy that got shelled his last outing instead?

At least Larussa recognized a gift from the Heavans when he got it? Even if it was a three day rested gift.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Holland should have had the opportunity to set that title as our ace in motion last night. But no, we had to pitch the guy that got shelled his last outing instead?

At least Larussa recognized a gift from the Heavans when he got it? Even if it was a three day rested gift.

Rick

Holland pitched a gem in Game 4 but nobody ever thought he could do that before that game. I think it is a bit of a stretch to think Holland could have duplicated what he did again last night. Harrison pitched 'ok' and it was still a close game when he left the game. The truth is that the offense was completely shut down after the first inning and the walks by the pitching staff as a whole issued too many walks. The fact is that in this series the Rangers weren't a complete team especially when they needed to be. One strike away or not...something doomed them in every game in the series whether it was starting pitching, the bullpen, defense, or the offense. Frankly as much as it pains to say this but STL won and deserved to win.

Fixed it for you. No team has walked more batters in the World Series than the 2011 Texas Rangers. At least we hold the record all by our lonesome, too. No stupid tie or anything.

Great season by the little Rangers. I never thought I would have the chance to sit in the Ballpark in Arlington and watch a world series win by the Rangers. I got to do that this year. Never thought I'd see the Rangers beat the Yankees in a playoff series. Got to see that in person last year. I know the pain is still fresh, but try to keep this in perspective. For those of you at least in your mid 30s, did you ever think the Rangers would go to one World Series, much less back to back? A great run by the little Rangers which I think is far from over.

If Holand mutures mentally, he could easily be your Cliff Lee, Roy Halliday, Chris Carpenter. The Rangers just signed a huge TV contract that will allow them to up the ante with their player salary budget. That could mean that 1st baseman we pitched around all series starts for the Rangers next year. If he wont come, Prince Fielder will.

And the gripes about traditions and lack of them for the Rangers should now be... history. Like the Cubs and the Red Sox, we now have our moment of angst. Actually, two of them. With that thought in mind, I nominate the following four words as the new Rangers fans' battle cry-frustation cry-cry cry:

One Strike Away. Twice.

I'm tired of hearing people saying to "keep it in perspective". Here's my perspective:

The Rangers were 1 strike away from winning THE WORLD SERIES... TWICE! They blew it.

My heart hurts. :cry:

That's very specific... Assuming Sabathia goes elsewhere, can you conceive of a more general 3 word mission statement for solving the team's woes?

Get a dome.

Go back over the entire history of the Texas Rangers, and you'll find an inflated W/L record at home during the months of July and August. Other teams find it too hard to come play in the sweltering heat. You may think of this as a home field advantage, and it is, but it can mask overall team weaknesses come October. Get a dome, and you'll see what your team is really capable of, and you can build accordingly.