I think the Rangers will win but the Cards will be really tough. They have a great lineup and shut down bullpen and they do have the historical swagger to them. The Cards do scare me make no mistake about it. And surely starting pitching will be better this time around right? I think every starter is about due for a breakout pitching performance.

It will also be VERY interesting to see how the Ranger pitcher's do batting against the Cards starting and relief pitching. That's one reason i think it will go to 6 before the Rangers win it.

Starting pitching: Edge to the Cards with Carpenter...Holland's struggles, etc.

Relief Pitching: Edge to the Rangers (close, but, yes, the Rangers)

Hitting: Edge to the Rangers...entire Ranger lineup is dangerous right now...Cruz hitting 7th says about all you need to know

History and Tradition: Edge to the Cards with the home field advantage

Hitting Pitchers: Big edge to the Cardinals...some of those guys can actually hit and the Ranger pitchers are "out of practice"

Bottom line...Rangers in 6.

Should be a good series...Rangers split the first two in St. Louis, win 2 in Texas and then close it out in game 6 back in St. Louis.

Although, any team with Albert Pujols intimidates me a little.

There isn't a man in baseball I respect more, when at the plate. I still remember the homerun he hit against the Astros in the NLCS. I understand it landed somewhere in Conroe.

This will be a good match-up, and I full-expect it to go the distance. As an Astros fan, I'd love to see Lance Berkman get a ring, since he couldn't do it with the shell of a franchise Houston has become. But I don't really care who wins. Just a FAN of October baseball!

I figured the series deserved it's own topic. I am kinda rooting for a Rangers/Caards series. No real reason.

Whoever they play, Rangers in 5.

I'll be at game 4.

If you get there early, come say hi to fellow Mean Green supporter and beer vendor. I'm usually behind 1st base dugout. No purchase necessary.

Wash just got his pants pulled down on national television with that decision to pitch hit for Murphy. His big plan was gentry and German? Is guy who hasn't hit since sept 25?

Yep that was a boneheaded move. A time where Wash was over thinking. That move could very well dictate the rest of the series. I think winning this game is important. Even if German had at bats...Murphy is an accomplished hitter. I trust him more than any other hitter on the bench and yet Wash takes him out. I love Wash but I just don't understand that move.

German was a bait move to get La Russa to change pitchers. He tried to out gamble the town drunk and lost. I'm not thrilled with it, but I get what he was doing -- change pitchers and then bring in Torrealba or Moreland. I'm shocked La Russa didn't overmanage the situation right back.

If you want to be mad at Ron, be mad about the Punto walk before Craig's hit.

• Upvote 1

As an Astros fan, this has been a conflicting series. But I spent a lot of time at Rangers games when I lived in DFW. The team was absolutely terrible. But the hot dogs were cheap, the beer was cold, and the ball park is fantastic (if not hot). And there was always a lot of scoring. I don't have much else to offer.

Go Rangers.