German was a bait move to get La Russa to change pitchers. He tried to out gamble the town drunk and lost. I'm not thrilled with it, but I get what he was doing -- change pitchers and then bring in Torrealba or Moreland. I'm shocked La Russa didn't overmanage the situation right back.

If you want to be mad at Ron, be mad about the Punto walk before Craig's hit.

You sure?

If I'm LaRussa, I'm excited to see German out there. I don't care who's on the mound for me at the moment, I'm happy.

You sure?

If I'm LaRussa, I'm excited to see German out there. I don't care who's on the mound for me at the moment, I'm happy.

Oh I agree, but if you've watched LaRussa's career, he's much more match-up driven than any other manager. Hopefully, Wash learned his lesson here and doesn't try to get in a chess match with the roster. He has more talent -- he can't forget that in the heat of the battle.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Gee, LaRussa makes a move with a pretty seldom used guy that pays off...what if the roles were reversed? Wash's move with German results in a 3-2 Rangers win. Would that have been a bonehead move?

I've thought all along that the Rangers will win in 6...still do...and have thought that Carpenter would be tough for the Ranger hitters in GAME 1...not so much in later games after they have seen and watched the guy "up close and personal". Anyone who thought this series would be a cake walk has not been paying attention to the Cards of late.

Same guys giving Wash heck here were praising his moves earlier in the playoffs.

Gee, sounds like a UNT fan board...oh, wait.....

Don't fret...Rangers have this is 6!

Now if Colby has nothing tonight...well, darn that move by Wash with German! HeHe....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oh I agree, but if you've watched LaRussa's career, he's much more match-up driven than any other manager.

I did not know that. Thanks for the education. :)

Hopefully, Wash learned his lesson here and doesn't try to get in a chess match with the roster. He has more talent -- he can't forget that in the heat of the battle.

Bingo. Chess matches with LaRussa are not necessary.

Gee, LaRussa makes a move with a pretty seldom used guy that pays off...what if the roles were reversed? Wash's move with German results in a 3-2 Rangers win. Would that have been a bonehead move?

I've thought all along that the Rangers will win in 6...still do...and have thought that Carpenter would be tough for the Ranger hitters in GAME 1...not so much in later games after they have seen and watched the guy "up close and personal". Anyone who thought this series would be a cake walk has not been paying attention to the Cards of late.

Same guys giving Wash heck here were praising his moves earlier in the playoffs.

Now if Colby has nothing tonight...well, darn that move by Wash with German! HeHe....

I don't know that Craig is "seldom used". He's their chief pinch-hitter and 4th outfielder. Be ready to see alot of him in Arlington.

Oh, and I had the Rangers in 5! :P

True if the move had worked out Wash would have been a genius. I just think it is weird to put in two guys with not much to offer on the plate and scrabble made both of them look completely silly. Murphy is a very accomplished hitter and while he isn't great against lefties I will take my chances on him over Gentry and German any day against lefties. Plus you had Torrealba...this is the World Series and I think the Rangers could have won this game...there is no holding back now.

But I think CJ Wilson needs to take the blame...He let Nick effin Punto get to him...I mean seriously? Nick effing Punto? A true ace would have the attitude to get him out but it's apparent he's not as mentally tough as I had thought. The more he pitches the more he is guaranteed not to be in a Rangers uniform next season. I also don't know how much money if any he will lose just by his postseason performances.

True if the move had worked out Wash would have been a genius. I just think it is weird to put in two guys with not much to offer on the plate and scrabble made both of them look completely silly. Murphy is a very accomplished hitter and while he isn't great against lefties I will take my chances on him over Gentry and German any day against lefties. Plus you had Torrealba...this is the World Series and I think the Rangers could have won this game...there is no holding back now.

But I think CJ Wilson needs to take the blame...He let Nick effin Punto get to him...I mean seriously? Nick effing Punto? A true ace would have the attitude to get him out but it's apparent he's not as mentally tough as I had thought. The more he pitches the more he is guaranteed not to be in a Rangers uniform next season. I also don't know how much money if any he will lose just by his postseason performances.

SIGNIFICANT money is made and lost in the postseason. Although last night's start was not as terrible as his past 2, he's hemorrhaging heavily.

SIGNIFICANT money is made and lost in the postseason. Although last night's start was not as terrible as his past 2, he's hemorrhaging heavily.

You would think it would be significant but I think there will be some teams out there that will overpay for him and look at a bigger picture than just the postseason. He's still a above average to very good left handed pitcher that hasn't had much success post season. I think he'll get his money either way mainly because of his regular season performances. I think someone like the Yanks will overpay for him since after CC and Nova...they've got a bunch of spares in their starting rotation.

The most feared lineup in baseball falling silent in the World Series once again....

Just shows that sometimes having that type of lineup isn't always great because I think you need to have guys in the lineup that have that pesky approach. Plus it shows that you don't need that kind of lineup to win in the playoffs and especially World Series. It is all timely and the Rangers offense seem to crack and be overly aggressive when they have runners in scoring position or something.

German again!!1!

After watching Torrealba's at bat today maybe I can see why Wash didn't want him pinch hitting. He looked silly.

The Rangers find a way to play National League baseball and beat a National League team at their own game in their own ballpark...GREATNESS! Be honest...who felt the Rangers would get to Motte and tie the thing or win it in the 9th? Really? Great job getting it done LATE Rangers!

Now, what I see as bad news in all this...it will tend to hurt attendance for the UNT game Saturday with the exciting win last evening. Good to get the win...really had to, but it will hurt as many will now stay home to watch the game and not even venture to Agogee. That's too bad and says a good bit about UNT students, fans and alums, but everyone gets to make their own choice here on how they want to handle it and where they place their priorities.

That's the way sports go!

GO RANGERS...GO MEAN GREEN. I'll be at Apogee until the game done...then catch what I can, if any, of the Series game. The Rangers won't miss me, the Mean Green would.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Rangers arguably lose game 1 because of Wash's undermanaging.

Cards arguably lose game 2 because of LaRussa's overmanaging.

The series is truley tied 1-1

Are you thinking his over-managing is his bullpen usage in the 9th? Now, I mean this without any malice what-so-ever, but how closely do you follow non-Ranger baseball? Motte has been trying to establish himself as the Cards' closer for the past 3 seasons...he shows flashes, but like the rest of their bullpen is so inconsistent. He only earned the closer role late this year. I think LaRussa feels he HAS to still go with closer-by-committee as a month worth of quality pitching is not a sample size large enough to trust Motte could work out of that jam.

In theory, both Rhodes and Lynn did their job...they got outs...but the base-running of Kins and Elvis is what really won that game.