Get a dome.

Go back over the entire history of the Texas Rangers, and you'll find an inflated W/L record at home during the months of July and August. Other teams find it too hard to come play in the sweltering heat. You may think of this as a home field advantage, and it is, but it can mask overall team weaknesses come October. Get a dome, and you'll see what your team is really capable of, and you can build accordingly.

Really...because only a few years ago we always heard about how the team swooned in July and August in the heat. It's exciting to know there are two arguments for a dome. Which dome makes Nelson Cruz take the correct route on a ball hit is way with two outs or makes Young field his position? Should we buy pieces of the old Metrodome roof?

• Upvote 1

Get a dome.

Go back over the entire history of the Texas Rangers, and you'll find an inflated W/L record at home during the months of July and August. Other teams find it too hard to come play in the sweltering heat. You may think of this as a home field advantage, and it is, but it can mask overall team weaknesses come October. Get a dome, and you'll see what your team is really capable of, and you can build accordingly.

Sorry I refuse to believe getting a dome solves the teams' problems. They were one strike away from winning the World Series TWICE and that during a record breaking summer in DFW. They were 3 wins away from winning the World Series last year in that open air stadium during very hot and usual summer in Arlington. And more than likely they'll be competing for division titles, AL pennants and perhaps more World Series in the coming years. The dome or no dome is a non issue in my opinion.

However I do agree that the next time they build a new stadium they'll need a retractable roof because I truly believe attendance could benefit and plus there's no doubt it needs to be in Dallas rather than Arlington.

However I do agree that the next time they build a new stadium they'll need a retractable roof because I truly believe attendance could benefit and plus there's no doubt it needs to be in Dallas rather than Arlington.

I would love to see a new retractable roof ballpark in or near downtown Dallas, with the front gate right on one of the DART lines.

They would sell out every game.

Fixed

That would be a disaster if they built it in Fort Worth. In the 90's a huge chunk of their attendance came from the North Dallas and suburbs area. Much of that was lost after not only they were losing but when gas prices, traffic etc went up that market was completely lost. Either build it in Dallas or just leave it in Arlington.

That would be a disaster if they built it in Fort Worth. In the 90's a huge chunk of their attendance came from the North Dallas and suburbs area. Much of that was lost after not only they were losing but when gas prices, traffic etc went up that market was completely lost. Either build it in Dallas or just leave it in Arlington.

Almost 3,000,000 in attendance this year. Don't think location is hurting the Rangers. Fort Worth is expected to surpass Dallas in population in the next 10 years. Yes, Dallas berbs are more populated, but people will drive to see a winner (and no one goes to see a loser, especially in doucher filled Dallas). Fort Worth is a much more can-do city than Dallas will ever be and has a much greater chance of getting a stadium bond package past voters. Fort Worth also has the space for the stadium near downtown (preferably near the new town lake development). People actually want to come to downtown Fort Worth after 5 PM.

Let's not forget that one of the Rangers new owners also lives in Fort Worth (not that this necessarily means anything, other than he is familiar with the territory).

And the biggest point, it's closer for me.

Edited by UNT90

Almost 3,000,000 in attendance this year. Don't think location is hurting the Rangers. Fort Worth is expected to surpass Dallas in population in the next 10 years. Yes, Dallas berbs are more populated, but people will drive to see a winner (and no one goes to see a loser, especially in doucher filled Dallas). Fort Worth is a much more can-do city than Dallas will ever be and has a much greater chance of getting a stadium bond package past voters. Fort Worth also has the space for the stadium near downtown (preferably near the new town lake development). People actually want to come to downtown Fort Worth after 5 PM.

Let's not forget that one of the Rangers new owners also lives in Fort Worth (not that this necessarily means anything, other than he is familiar with the territory).

They won't drive to Fort Worth even if they're winning. Dallas is where the population, money, and pizzaz is. Not to mention the attendance would be so much greater because not only with the reasons I said but the Dart line going there would entice more people to go to games since there are so many. We're complaining about attendance now but it will be even worse if they were ever to move to Fort worth. Don't get me wrong I do love FW and it's a great place to chill but putting a new baseball park there for the Rangers would be a disaster. They dropped the ball once building it in Arlington and building a structure that physically couldn't have a retractable roof afterwards in it. They can't do another catastrophic mistake like that again.

This is so absurd that it doesn't even register with me... Your last point, however, sounds like the fuel for the insanity.

• Upvote 1

Can you imagine a ballpark in downtown Dallas. It would be guaranteed sellouts. There would be potential for an Fenway-type atmosphere perhaps. It would be incredible. But why are we even talking about location in the first place? Setting the attendance record this year proves it to be a moot point.