Tweaking a cheer or chant

meangreenbob

Hear me out. Read it and then let it sink in for a while before you turn all negative.

We have a new stadium. Yeah, I know you know. But not all of you truely know whats in store for you. This is truely a professional stadium. You will freak out when you hear the acoustics in this place.

As many of you well know now for 50 years the student's and the alumni sides have been seperated by a very wide divide. Fouts Field.

Not any more!

So, here is what i humbly suggest. When the student side starts the NORTH...............and the Alumni side yells back TEXAS.................then we "all" at the same time together AS ONE yell....FIGHT..............NORTH(students).... TEXAS(alumni) then all together........FIGHT!

Thats what's missing with that chant. A sense of unity. We have always been too far apart. Hit them with both sides at the same time.

IMOP

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Hear me out. Read it and then let it sink in for a while before you turn all negative.

We have a new stadium. Yeah, I know you know. But not all of you truely know whats in store for you. This is truely a professional stadium. You will freak out when you hear the acoustics in this place.

As many of you well know now for 50 years the student's and the alumni sides have been seperated by a very wide divide. Fouts Field.

Not any more!

So, here is what i humbly suggest. When the student side starts the NORTH...............and the Alumni side yells back TEXAS.................then we "all" at the same time together AS ONE yell....FIGHT..............NORTH(students).... TEXAS(alumni) then all together........FIGHT!

Thats what's missing with that chant. A sense of unity. We have always been too far apart. Hit them with both sides at the same time.

IMOP

I like this idea... if you can get the band on board, I bet it would take off. If this seems to be something everyone agrees would be cool, I could approach Nick about it.

I'd rather do North Texas back and forth 3 or 4 times and then end with everyone yelling "Go Mean Green". Leave Fight to the longhorns.

'Go Mean Green' is too much to try to get in there on this chant. Try to develop another chant with that as the basis. Besides, we've often had FIGHT in our yells because it rhymes with white. Maybe we should use WIN instead of FIGHT in that chant; wins are what we need.

Also, make the NORTH...TEXAS a stated number of times. Too often, one side or the other fades out. May I suggest four, the number of quarters. I also like increasing the volume with each successive yell.

Edited by GrayEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not any more!

IMOP

Freaking Genius. Better/simpler than every other chant/yell I've seen on here....

The athletic department is already trying to change this chant. Let's not confuse it further by adding another version.

Is this one not better than what they are working on?? (I really have no idea what they are doing) Not trying to be an @ss, but we've still got a month to go before the first game...so there's still time to tweak, right?

Well, I'll throw in my $.02...

I HATE the "North...Texas" and I think most of the alumni

don't participate because of the 2 syllable "Tex-as" part. I think it just loses steam. I realize it works at UT, but that's a whole different animal.

Moreover, since UT already does "Texas...Fight", it seems more important that we have something unique. I think we should do a "Mean...Green" chant. It's unique and it doesn't suffer from the 2 syllable momentum loss.

BTW - I'm not a UT hater.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I like the idea of doing a unified chat. Whatever we choose, we should do it after a score and in between the break, after the band plays the fight song and before the kickoff. I think the piggys from Arkansas do something similar.

Hog call throughout the game. A Pig Sooie right after a kickoff and various "Arkansas" "Razorbacks" from side to side, as well as a few others. I think the "Go Mean Green" in unison would work.

No need to recreate this one:

Just everybody ramp up the

Go North Texas Go North Texas Go Go

It involves the band it involves the students. Its got rhythm.

We already have it on our helmets, why further advertise our school name by yelling it back and forth across the stadium?

I see where you're going here...

How 'bout this:

Student side starts with, "SON!"

Alumni side responds with, "OF!"

Then, in unison, "WORM!"

Repeat 3-5 times, then let it die slowly and miserably.

That will certainly confuse the opposition and let Rick V. know we want the SOW all over the uniforms, helmets, & tattoo'd on each player's arm and/or face.

• Upvote 1

I see where you're going here...

How 'bout this:

Student side starts with, "SON!"

Alumni side responds with, "OF!"

Then, in unison, "WORM!"

Repeat 3-5 times, then let it die slowly and miserably.

That will certainly confuse the opposition and let Rick V. know we want the SOW all over the uniforms, helmets, & tattoo'd on each player's arm and/or face.

Pure greatness. Lol. Couldn't agree more.

JRock