The Helmet

UNTflyer

Different shade of green and the Dickey helmet had "North Texas" outlined in black. Looks like no black on the helmets or unis, unless I missed something.

The different shade of green is a given (zing!), and I feel you on the outline... but I'll stand by my "basically" the same as the last Dickey helmets. That will be the common perception, accurately so... and that's not all bad, because at least it (loosely) establishes a little consistency in the look.

Nobody knew the Boise State logo until they embarassed The Too-Sooners.

I plus thee one...with the following caveat...

I respect the hell out of Boise State for what they've done. HOWEVER. Their uniforms sucks. Their logo sucks. Their shade of blue sucks as the main color. I like that they beat BCS AQs. But, their uniforms and logos just suck it.

Worm and Son of Worm are 164% better than that crappy Bronco on top of the word Boise State. No logo in FBS screams I-AA louder than that.

SOW would be great. Wish we had it. But, for now, I'm giddy that we've got green helmets again. Baby steps. F'ing baby step, people.

If they'd put UNT on the helmet, I'd sell my car and buy into one of those $12,000 suite packages tomorrow. The UNT finally and permanently on the helmet is my dream fantasy.

But, for now, just be thankful for the return of the green helmet.

• Upvote 3

If they'd put UNT on the helmet, I'd sell my car and buy into one of those $12,000 suite packages tomorrow. I can bicycle to work like a chinaman. The UNT finally and permanently on the helmet is my dream fantasy.

I would like to see UNT on the helmets too but it is a great looking helmet.

Edited by Mean Green Scrappy

Helmet is awesome just like the uni's and they are even more awesome becuase they are OUR UNIFORM AND HELMET....i dont care what they have on it (UNT, NORTH TEXAS, NT, NTSU, NORTH TEXAS STATE TEACHERS COLLEGE) and i dont care what shade of green it is (KELLY,EMERALD) its OUR uniform and its OUR team so its automatically AWESOME. Plus when we start kicking some ass in it in our beautiful new 78 MILLION $ palace it wont matter.....

HELL YA! GO MEAN GREEN! U......N......T EAGLES FIGHT,FIGHT,FIGHT!!!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I love the new helmet! But to appease the SOW crowd (I do love teh SOW logo, too) why not put a small SOW on the front where the center pad meets the top of the facemask? You know, where it usually shows the brand name of the helmet? Either that or put them on the back of the helmet, right above the lower rear white pad? Not a huge SOW logo, but maybe something 2"x2"? I think it would look cool...

Edited by Got5onIt

I love the new helmet! But to appease the SOW crowd (I do love teh SOW logo, too) why not put a small SOW on the front where the center pad meets the top of the facemask? You know, where it usually shows the brand name of the helmet? Either that or put them on the back of the helmet, right above the lower rear white pad? Not a huge SOW logo, but maybe something 2"x2"? I think it would look cool...

SOW helmet stickers...that's how it will get on the helmet...

Not bad. Better than the white helmets. I have to say that I prefer the helmets and uniforms from the Dickey years. I'm glad they stay away from the "UNT" logo. Stick with "North Texas" and "Mean Green" and incorporate the SOW logo when you can. I like it on the pants. When I bought the new Nike Polo at the team store at the stadium I thought that was what the uniforms would look like.