Riley Dodge Update

Harry

It is just flat embarrassing to me for people on this board to EVER refer to Riley Dodge as a "quitter"!

Friggin' unbelievable!!!

I totally agree....Riley is not a quitter. I went to all 12 games last season. He played to the best of his ability while dealing with a number of injuries. Considering the circumstances, transferring from North Texas was in his best interest.

• Upvote 6

I totally agree....Riley is not a quitter. I went to all 12 games last season. He played to the best of his ability while dealing with a number of injuries. Considering the circumstances, transferring from North Texas was in his best interest.

Did you just call him selfish??? ;-)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Are you actually saying you would stay somewhere if you had to hear your dad trashed every day by a bunch of people you “think” that actually know something? I believe at first RD did plan to stay around (at a young age you think you can take anything people might say), but once he started hearing the comments repeatedly it might have just been too hard on him, and his family.

oh cmon man boo freakin hoo! -1 me all you want people but are we seriously this sensitive for RD? his dad got fired... it happens everyday. HE WAS A HUGE PEICE TO THIS TEAM WHO WE NEEDED!!! i wasnt questioning RD before he quit... but i seriously doubt people were coming up to him everyday at school talking crap to his face about his dad... even if they were, you show character when the chips fall against you.... i know for a fact his teamates would have rallied around him ... RD took his talents to Lake Charles

oh well tho life goes on....I hope Brent Osborn can take the mental pressure of D1 ball better than RD could.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

all you people are biased anyway... you all have met RD personaly and like him, so no way is he a quitter! he hurt NT ... his dad hurt NT... but hes a nice kid so it makes it ok to waste 3 years??? what the hell? not having RD at WR or QB or RB this year will cost this team wins, and you people are ok with that??

i wish him the best luck at McNeese St. i just dont see this move as a positive for the university or RD

Edited by Adub4ever
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

all you people are biased anyway... you all have met RD personaly and like him, so no way is he a quitter! he hurt NT ... his dad hurt NT... but hes a nice kid so it makes it ok to waste 3 years??? what the hell? not having RD at WR or QB or RB this year will cost this team wins, and you people are ok with that??

Thank you, God!

RD was tough and a kid that played with heart, but no matter how you church it up he still quit the team. A team that needed him!

If his reasons for quitting are OK with you great, but he still quit. The thread is hilarious as those posters tease RD's White Knights and play off old threads with inside jokes on those that take a Fan board a little too serious. Plus 1s across the board guys!

Thank you for the entertainment.

Edited by Green Gas
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Needed him for what? Do you really believe the new coaches indicated they needed/wanted him back at QB?

Are you kidding me? Really? Riley was a team leader and a talented very fast player that knew Coach Chico's offense.

You better believe these coaches wanted him, just not as a starting QB.

• Upvote 1

My point, and reason for feeling the way I do, is that I refuse to label someone with such a negative word for choosing family over self. Would it have been easier for him to stay at a school he's comfortable with, in the offense he already knows, with a coach who knows him, and a team already supporting him? I guess that's the point of argument but I believe so.

Did he leave our team and join another? Yes. So those of you claiming his label as quitter is simply a factual statement will point to that and smile as if you've won the argument. But, the tone with which you call him a quitter proves that you're not just stating fact but also implying weakness in his character or person.

So, please, next time you get excited about Tony Mitchell or Tyler Stradford remember that according to your own rules, they are quitters to. And we don't like quitters at North Texas.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

My point, and reason for feeling the way I do, is that I refuse to label someone with such a negative word for choosing family over self. Would it have been easier for him to stay at a school he's comfortable with, in the offense he already knows, with a coach who knows him, and a team already supporting him? I guess that's the point of argument but I believe so.

Did he leave our team and join another? Yes. So those of you claiming his label as quitter is simply a factual statement will point to that and smile as if you've won the argument. But, the tone with which you call him a quitter proves that you're not just stating fact but also implying weakness in his character or person.

So, please, next time you get excited about Tony Mitchell or Tyler Stradford remember that according to your own rules, they are quitters to. And we don't like quitters at North Texas.

Told you. All trolls go native at some point.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Did he sign a letter of intent to play at Missou? If not, then yes you have me there.

He tried his best to play at Missouri but the NCAA would not let him. Now if you consider him a quitter for leaving The Center of Life Academy in Florida for Pinkston then we are talking an entirely different story.

He tried his best to play at Missouri but the NCAA would not let him. Now if you consider him a quitter for leaving The Center of Life Academy in Florida for Pinkston then we are talking an entirely different story.

Listen, I'm not calling him a quitter at all. I understand unforeseen circumstances. My point was just that if you're calling RD a quitter you must do the same for Mitchell. And if he doesn't exhaust his eligibility here what would everyone be saying then about him? I'll bet we'll say he's doing what's best for him and his family... And thank him for his time here and what he did for our program.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I assumed most of this quitter crap is done in jest, no one who ever watched Riley at all could question his courage. He was a Parade All American who chose to forgo a ship at UT to play for his father at NT, that should give you a pretty good feel of his relationship with his father. Once here he did nothing but give his all to the team.

I wish he would have stayed at NT but I can certainly understand why he didn't. Some of you seem to forget his effort and his playing hurt for NT after his dad was fired. I hope he is very successful at McNeese and sets all kinds of records but now my focus is all the players and coaching staff that are at NT now.

• Upvote 5

Listen, I'm not calling him a quitter at all. I understand unforeseen circumstances. My point was just that if you're calling RD a quitter you must do the same for Mitchell. And if he doesn't exhaust his eligibility here what would everyone be saying then about him? I'll bet we'll say he's doing what's best for him and his family... And thank him for his time here and what he did for our program.

You're comparing apples and oranges.

Mitchel "left" Missouri because he couldn't get enrolled into the school as a student athlete due to some questions regarding his high school transcript and the B12 doesn't allow allow partial qualifiers. Rather than pay out-of-state tuition, he came back to Texas where he was able to enroll into North Texas as a regular student and should become a full team member once he is cleared to play by the NCAA.

If you want to get right down to it, Mitchel was never a student at Missouri since he never enrolled, therefore he never quit anything.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You're comparing apples and oranges.

Mitchel "left" Missouri because he couldn't get enrolled into the school as a student athlete due to some questions regarding his high school transcript and the B12 doesn't allow allow partial qualifiers. Rather than pay out-of-state tuition, he came back to Texas where he was able to enroll into North Texas as a regular student and should become a full team member once he is cleared to play by the NCAA.

If you want to get right down to it, Mitchel was never a student at Missouri since he never enrolled, therefore he never quit anything.

I'm not going to turn my defending RD into my criticizing TM. If you want to look at those leaving our program as quitters but those transferring in as sad stories be my guest.

• Downvote 1

I'm not going to turn my defending RD into my criticizing TM. If you want to look at those leaving our program as quitters but those transferring in as sad stories be my guest.

Don't let the haters get you down just because your analogy was fundamentally flawed. No matter what side of this "debate" you are on, never quit on being yourself.

• Upvote 1