Game Thoughts

Extremely hard played game, UALR really got NT to play their game. Both teams had to be just running on flumes. NT controlled the boards especially in the second half, but had way too many turnovers. Ironic that White who seemed destined to be the hero, was upstaged by another great senior Bozeman. Strange play of the game, 6'10 Knox with the ball under the basket got an assist by passing the ball to 5'8ish White for the bucket from three foot out. Three well deserved all tournament selections for the Green: Odufuwa, White and Thompson. Thompson was sick during the game but still managed to break the all time tournament scoring record. I hope Hogans gets some R&R, he looked like he belonged more in a hospital room than a basketball court. Thompson and Shorter were class acts in the post game interview, both offered no excuses and took blame for the loss. I wondered about Bozeman being the Belt MVP, but he certainly proved it was deserved. Wonder about quote from UALR broadcast guy who stated that Bozeman may have got Belt MVP because he and 2 WKU were the nominees and that may have split the vote. I assume that you may have to be a first team AC to be nominated, but wonder why Thompson was not considered. You know that JJ has advanced the program when a 22-11 year is largely taken for granted.

In many ways a disappointing year for the seniors but they handled it with class. They have been thanked on other threads and deservedly so. I am looking forward to seeing Hogans and Knox next year joined by the injured Alzee Williams and Holmen and hopefully another class of players that can equal or surpass what this group has accomplished on the court.

Turnovers killed us, and we just didn't put the game away when we had the chance. That ending was a kick to the crotch, and I hate to see their careers end this way. They elevated NT Basketball to a level that Im not sure we have seen before. In hindsight, we peobably should have fouled ULAR before their game winning shot so they could have only tied it. So, does anyone think we get an at large bid to the dance or an NIT invite? Do any of these players have a chance at the next level?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I suspect Tristan will get a chance overseas. Maybe George too.

No NIT. I don't think we will or should shell out the cash for a CBI or CIT bid (tho if we did, I'd definitely be excited for more basketball!).

I hope UALR wins their opening round game and scares the hell out of whatever 1 seed they draw after that.

In many ways a disappointing year for the seniors but they handled it with class. They have been thanked on other threads and deservedly so. I am looking forward to seeing Hogans and Knox next year joined by the injured Alzee Williams and Holmen and hopefully another class of players that can equal or surpass what this group has accomplished on the court.

Hopefully Alonzo and possibly Cam are healthy and eligible enough to also help out our incredible rookie class coming in next year. These kind of last second shot losses are about as tough as it gets, and there really isn't much blame or shame to go around. It just happened, despite the fact that the guys played a really good and tough game.

At least this loss may have helped keep a certain someone from moving to the ugliest city in Texas, because this team had the ability to really put the ball in the hole bigtime on any given day, and could very well had pulled off a monster upset after a nice long rest. Kind of sad since I really thought we had it, but I guess now we'll never know. Can't wait for next season!

Hopefully Alonzo and possibly Cam are healthy and eligible enough to also help out our incredible rookie class coming in next year. These kind of last second shot losses are about as tough as it gets, and there really isn't much blame or shame to go around. It just happened, despite the fact that the guys played a really good and tough game.

At least this loss may have helped keep a certain someone from moving to the ugliest city in Texas, because this team had the ability to really put the ball in the hole bigtime on any given day, and could very well had pulled off a monster upset after a nice long rest. Kind of sad since I really thought we had it, but I guess now we'll never know. Can't wait for next season!

You did see that score from the Kansas game this season right? That is the caliber of team we would have had to face. No #16 has ever beaten a #1 and we would have needed to have six teams to be considered worse than us to avoid a #16 seed this year.

You did see that score from the Kansas game this season right? That is the caliber of team we would have had to face. No #16 has ever beaten a #1 and we would have needed to have six teams to be considered worse than us to avoid a #16 seed this year.

I think we had a decent shot at a 15 after looking at some of the other teams out there. Even so, it's not like you have a much of a shot in that number match up either!

I think we had a decent shot at a 15 after looking at some of the other teams out there. Even so, it's not like you have a much of a shot in that number match up either!

Yeah we might have had a shot at a 15 seed (especially finishing the season strong and a spot available in Tulsa). If we could catch a Notre Dame on a bad shooting night or Texas choking we might have had a chance. Even then, I think only three 15s have ever won a first round game.

Yeah we might have had a shot at a 15 seed (especially finishing the season strong and a spot available in Tulsa). If we could catch a Notre Dame on a bad shooting night or Texas choking we might have had a chance. Even then, I think only three 15s have ever won a first round game.

It's four, but yeah. Four in something like 108 chances. Still better than 0/108 that the 16's have.

I suspect TT would have gotten tourney MVP had we won.

TT should have gotten Tourney MVP even in our loss....MVP should go to the best player on the court, not just the best player on the team who wins...and though bozeman had a hell of a tourney also and hit the winning shot....TT broke 5 tournament records....he should have won IMO

• Upvote 2

TT should have gotten Tourney MVP even in our loss....MVP should go to the best player on the court, not just the best player on the team who wins...and though bozeman had a hell of a tourney also and hit the winning shot....TT broke 5 tournament records....he should have won IMO

Yeah, no telling whether Bozeman would have even shot that 3 or not because we probably would have been defending differently, but TT's missed FT may have cost him more than just one trophy for his trophy case. Tough way to go out.

I know nobody wants to hear this because it's in the past and there's nothing we can do about it now but I can't get the replay out of my head. Norm brought up the screen (pancake block) on mosley's 3 pointer. It put me a little more at ease to hear a sports radio hall of fame personality talk about what a nasty nasty screen it was and what a shame it was that it didn't get called. He was very adamant about how nasty it was and he used the word nasty repeatedly to discribe it. I know I need move on and forget about it but like I said I just can't get it out of my head...no no no no no never never never no never never no!!!

I know nobody wants to hear this because it's in the past and there's nothing we can do about it now but I can't get the replay out of my head. Norm brought up the screen (pancake block) on mosley's 3 pointer. It put me a little more at ease to hear a sports radio hall of fame personality talk about what a nasty nasty screen it was and what a shame it was that it didn't get called. He was very adamant about how nasty it was and he used the word nasty repeatedly to discribe it. I know I need move on and forget about it but like I said I just can't get it out of my head...no no no no no never never never no never never no!!!

That's the one play that's burned into my memory as well. Didn't see it when it happened because of where we were standing, but I saw it on replay and really can't stop thinking about that.

Anybody know if we had any timeouts left before that 1.5 seconds inbound? We watched the second half at Buffalo Wild Wings and the volume and picture weren't real good so the end of the game was a bit hazy. I was hoping that we would try and advance the ball to half court with a quick .5 second throw in timeout, but instead we got absolutely nothing. Was that Hogans who inbounded the ball? Sadder than Hell that we couldn't even throw up a prayer. An absolute stunner of a game after we looked like we had clearly taken over.

Anybody know if we had any timeouts left before that 1.5 seconds inbound? We watched the second half at Buffalo Wild Wings and the volume and picture weren't real good so the end of the game was a bit hazy. I was hoping that we would try and advance the ball to half court with a quick .5 second throw in timeout, but instead we got absolutely nothing. Was that Hogans who inbounded the ball? Sadder than Hell that we couldn't even throw up a prayer. An absolute stunner of a game after we looked like we had clearly taken over.

I believe we used our final timeout to draw up a play for the 1.5 seconds that was left on the clock.