What Happened?

agw0038

This is the SBC, so I can pretty much see anyone winning this tourney. That being said, I think we're definitely one of the behind the scenes favorites, and most teams out there would prefer to not be bracketed with us. With this Senior laden team, I think we have a pretty decent chance to pull it off. The only problem is the injuries, and it's tough even for healthy teams to handle 4 games in 4 days.

I don't think the marathon of a 30 game season can easily be condensed into bullet points. Let's just say that injuries and perhaps a lack of commitment to defense by some of the guys created a crisis of confidence. More than anything, I think when we started losing - the guys just didn't know how to stop the bleeding. It now appears that we have at least stabilized things, and we're suddenly a salty squad on defense.

Win or lose - I expect us to fight like champions in Hot Springs.

This is the SBC, so I can pretty much see anyone winning this tourney. That being said, I think we're definitely one of the behind the scenes favorites, and most teams out there would prefer to not be bracketed with us. With this Senior laden team, I think we have a pretty decent chance to pull it off. The only problem is the injuries, and it's tough even for healthy teams to handle 4 games in 4 days.

so injuries the big reason we fell off in conference play?

whos are starting five going into saturday's game?

so injuries the big reason we fell off in conference play?

whos are starting five going into saturday's game?

Injuries/depth/defense and maybe a problem or two behind the scenes that has hopefully been corrected. You'll have to ask Josh how he feels before anybody can set a starting lineup. With so few players, I suspect that anyone who can walk will be getting significant PT if we can make it far into this 4 game marathon.

Last year, we played a 6 man lineup through the 3 games. Nobody else logged anything resembling significant minutes outside of those 6.

Last year:

Wing: Josh, Tristan, Shannon, Mangrum

This year:

Wing: Josh, Dom, Tristan, Shannon

The 4th game would be a slog for a limited lineup... But in a weird way, the injuries (other than the lingering issues with Josh's foot, Dom's tendon, and Kedrick's entire shattered body) are less of a factor than they were through the regular season grind.

My expectations are very limited. But for the eternal optimist... It's not like we haven't gone out and won this tournament with a 6 man rotation before. It just happened last year. And last year, we didn't use strategic rest timeouts the way JJ did against UALR.

My expectation is a first round win. My hope is for a strong finish and basketball after the weekend ends. Anyone who wants to dream bigger, it's not out of the question.

I too expect a 1st round win. FAU is just so, so good. If we can somehow get by them, we'll win the whole thing.

I wouldn't go that far. Say we knock off Troy, then upset FAU in a street fight. We'd then face either WKU (the ONLY team to have beaten us the SBC Tournament going back 5 years) or a ULL team that has won 12 in a row. Neither an easy one for what would likely be an exhausted lineup. I'd hope for WKU, because they'd also likely be pretty tired. Then say we get by our kryptonite and make the Finals on Tuesday. We'd probably face an ASU team that has thousands of fans there.

Even a FAU win would not make us the likely favorite.

That said, I'm not even looking ahead to FAU. Troy did beat us this season. That one is gonna be tough enough.

I too expect a 1st round win. FAU is just so, so good. If we can somehow get by them, we'll win the whole thing.

You people are freakin' delusional. You all are obviously "Sheening" to epic proportions. We are done. D - O - N - E!!!!

• Upvote 2

You people are freakin' delusional. You all are obviously "Sheening" to epic proportions. We are done. D - O - N - E!!!!

I've already got the money set aside for Hot Springs. I can spend it on going to watch NT basketball, or I can donate it to the Larry Craig presidential campaign.

Which is money better spent? Any suggestions?

I feel very strongly that we will beat Troy to setup a big match against FAU, where I believe a win could likely propel us to the final. Both games are revenge matchups, and I'm betting that we will respond. I think we are plain and simply better than Troy, and our loss to them on the road was just one of those screwups that happens during a season. FAU did beat us pretty handily at home, but they are FAR from unbeatable. We are just going to have to have someone step up and have a special game like Shannon did for us in Little Rock. I believe in our chances against Troy enough to have just made plans to head to Hot Springs on Sunday morning.

Save your money on useless presidential campaigns. You are buying me a jagermeister bomb this year.

name='TheTastyGreek' timestamp='1299106280' post='556232']

I've already got the money set aside for Hot Springs. I can spend it on going to watch NT basketball, or I can donate it to the Larry Craig presidential campaign.

Which is money better spent? Any suggestions?

I feel very strongly that we will beat Troy to setup a big match against FAU, where I believe a win could likely propel us to the final. Both games are revenge matchups, and I'm betting that we will respond. I think we are plain and simply better than Troy, and our loss to them on the road was just one of those screwups that happens during a season. FAU did beat us pretty handily at home, but they are FAR from unbeatable. We are just going to have to have someone step up and have a special game like Shannon did for us in Little Rock. I believe in our chances against Troy enough to have just made plans to head to Hot Springs on Sunday morning.

Bump!

It's fun being right every once in awhile! :lol: These games have been a blast. Everyone who even knows anyone with a car needs to be here tomorrow night. It's going to be a great victory, it's not a very long drive, and my crystal balls are saying we win 89-69 with another incredible start by TT, and with more angry All Conference snub production again from George and Josh. Great to see the entire team step up the way they have. We're going dancing again, and I want a matchup with the boys from Austin! Great win guys!