Utah State To The Mwc

shaft

If the Sun Belt goes and gets UTSA, Lamar, or TX State and we don't move somewhere else, I will probably crawl into a hole and cry.

This is part of the nightmare scenario that I posted about a while back. We get stuck in the SBC, which brings up some more FCS teams (especially in the East, like Georgia State, Georgia Southern, or Appy State) and we lose somewhere a long the way a decent team or two from the current SBC (MTSU, WKU, or FAU). Sure, Texas State or UTSA would provide nice trips and we would at least re-kindle a rivalry with our friends in San Marcos, so that would be better than adding eastern FCS teams, but it just won't help our image issue in any way with the media and the fans, both regionally or nationally.

Official MWC statement...

No USU... no nothing right now

Next to a MWC invitation, the is the best scenario for UNT. Hopefully we will have a year to produce a bowl team, increase attendance, and showcase our new stadium. We do that, and we will be in a much stronger position when the MWC looks at expansion again.

• Upvote 2

Next to a MWC invitation, the is the best scenario for UNT. Hopefully we will have a year to produce a bowl team, increase attendance, and showcase our new stadium. We do that, and we will be in a much stronger position when the MWC looks at expansion again.

great post, i just think its funny how soooooo many Utah St. fans were going nuts on there board, calling it "the greatest day in USU football history"

great post, i just think its funny how soooooo many Utah St. fans were going nuts on there board, calling it "the greatest day in USU football history"

I think we would all be doing the same. Better lock the windows on USU campus for a few days after that news.

I hope RV can use this time to move us up a couple of spots on the MWC's list ahead of USU ans SJSU. Maybe pick up the phone or something. Anything (assuming he hasn't by reading these posts).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A yr or two delay in this decisino bodes extremely well for us for all the reasons mentioned. Winning Football, Increased Attendance, Bowl Win, Athletic Fee, New Stadium, and better OOC schedule all seem to coincide in what could be a perfect storm.

And yes, I'd be running thru the streets of Sarasota Florida Naked with my UNT hat on proclaiming the dominance of MWC football had we been linked so strongly to the MWC. Thank goodness and possibly a lesson learned from the poor saps at USU.

I was in the chat on usufans.com for awhile, and I feel bad for them. They were pretty cool, and I would say more than half of them wanted UNT to be the 12th team. Hopefully this is just a delay for the MWC to reevaluate, and in due time we fine out that Utah State and North Texas are the new members of the MWC. I'm not giving up hope, but not getting my hopes up either after seeing the meltdown over there.

Kraig Williams of the Deseret News should be fired. In a effort to be first he ran with a story that wasn't true.

It looks like the BYU beat writer was right all along, the MWC wants to see how its new line up shakes out and then if needs to add two team in a year or two.

Kraig Williams of the Deseret News should be fired. In a effort to be first he ran with a story that wasn't true.

It looks like the BYU beat writer was right all along, the MWC wants to see how its new line up shakes out and then if needs to add two team in a year or two.

Sort of. Williams used the words "may" and "likely" and you bit and ran with it. True, he implied that he had inside sources but if he did his "sources" didn't know what they were talking about. He couldn't lose. If he's right he's a hero because he was the first one to say it. If he's wrong then it was all his sources fault.