State Title Games Saturday

emmitt01

I plan on spending my entire Saturday at Jerry World watching State Title games. Anyone else planning to make the games, I'd like to not spend close to 11 hours of football alone.

Denton Ryan vs. Austin Lake Travis Noon

Denton Guyer vs. Cibolo Steele at 4pm

Euless Trinity vs. Pearland at 8pm

Seek help, Emmitt.

I plan on spending my entire Saturday at Jerry World watching State Title games. Anyone else planning to make the games, I'd like to not spend close to 11 hours of football alone.

Denton Ryan vs. Austin Lake Travis Noon

Denton Guyer vs. Cibolo Steele at 4pm

Euless Trinity vs. Pearland at 8pm

1 sure is low attendance for 3 state title games.

Is their coach looking for a college gig? What? Too soon?

The 1st coach to win state was Jeff Dicus who is now at Duncanville HS.

The next two were won by Chad Morris who is now the OC at Tulsa, also being considered for the UT OC since he ran the offense for Garret Gilbert(UT QB).

The Head Coach right now is Hank Carter who is 13-2 on the season and was Chad Morris' understudy.

I don't believe Hank is going anywhere soon, especially if LT loses Saturday.

This his is first HC gig

You should check out the 3-A game at 4:00 today. Get to see that Carthage machine.

Chapel Hill Dawgs kicked some Carthage butt this year 46 - 14 in the regular season........and then Chapel Hill lost to Henderson in the Division 1 3-A title game 28 - 21 last Friday night in Jerry Jones Stadium (sigh!).

East Texas, at all levels, does have some outstanding high school football teams and players. Universities from all over Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana (and beyond) are loaded with East Texas athletes.

UNT seldom seems to recruit in this area - with this new coaching staff I am hoping that their focus goes beyond Dallas - Fort Worth on occasion and that they wander down to our area.

Edited by tylermeangreen

The smaller classes are playing at a stadium in Mansfield....wouldn't it be nice to have those games in Denton next year?

GMG

RV should work on that. The new stadium would be a great venue. And expose some high school athletes and coaches to our new facilities.

Edited by Marty

To follow up on my earlier comment, I just looked at the 2010 Mean Green roster and out of 88 football players listed, six (6) were from East Texas (Whitehouse; Lufkin: Atlanta; Henderson; Sulphur Springs; and Diboll).

You might throw Nederland in there, assuming you include Southeast Texas.

UNT seldom seems to recruit in this area - with this new coaching staff I am hoping that their focus goes beyond Dallas - Fort Worth on occasion and that they wander down to our area.

Oh yeah East Texas is loaded for sure. A lot of the guys can't cut it academically, though. The pure athleticism at some of those East Texas schools is pretty insane.