An Appeal To Rick Villareal

MeanGreenDan

If the current rumors turn out to be true it will show that the fan's thoughts mean squat. I will support Coach M (But I am about as unexcited as I could be).

No, it doesn't mean that at all. If you read this message board carefully you find NONE of the potential coaches are backed by more than a portion of the writers and ALL of them have long time posters many of us personally know who are opposed.

Agree, but at least choose one that stirs some excitement

I won't disagree with you there that McCarney is not exciting but at the very least the man has extensive HC experience. Call it a safe hire etc....but time is not on our side and if the safe hire gets us back to respectability and beyond then it is a good first step in coming back up.

I won't disagree with you there that McCarney is not exciting but at the very least the man has extensive HC experience. Call it a safe hire etc....but time is not on our side and if the safe hire gets us back to respectability and beyond then it is a good first step in coming back up.

well if he uses the same timeline as ISU we will be waiting for 5 years.

I personally think a decent HC can win rather quickly in the SBC. I don't think it will take DM 5 years. I wouldn't be surprised if we flirted with 5-6 wins next season.

If we can get some defense next year 7-8 wins should be a goal with the offense looking fantastic for next year

I hope like hell our "powers-tahat-be" know what they are doing. We need someone that is going to excite the Metroplex -- eith by name (and this will not do it) or the way he goes out to the community (don't know what he is like). I will say I hope Canales stays.... I would hate to face him as the HC of one of our SunBelt foes.

I hope like hell our "powers-tahat-be" know what they are doing. We need someone that is going to excite the Metroplex -- eith by name (and this will not do it) or the way he goes out to the community (don't know what he is like). I will say I hope Canales stays.... I would hate to face him as the HC of one of our SunBelt foes.

Yea, McCarney isn't exactly the "Big" name I was thinking they would get.

With Chico as HC THIS year we would have had 5-6 wins.

Not sure with all of the injuries starting the season. More like 4 to 5. It took our back up players a while to get used to starting. By the time Chico was HC, they were used to starting and needed to be motivated to win. I'm sure we would have done better, but I still doubt 6 wines would have been possible.

Fans choosing head coaches don't turn out well. Most people were more than giddy when TD came here and look how that turned out.

Exactly. Our fan base was excited about a high school coach, but is upset that we'll hire a guy who coached with Hayden Fry, coached on two Rose Bowl squads, and took Iowa State to five bowl games in one of the two toughest conferences in America...with the smallest budget in the Big 12.

Rick Villareal has good reason to not listen to the UNT fan base.

Still holding out hope for Chico. But, will be happy if we get McCarney, the most experienced candidate. Either way, we will be getting a great coach.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

I want Canales.

If we don't make him coach I want us to persuade him to stay. He can have the HC job if McCarney doesn't pan out. Offer him a raise, do whatever it takes. Just don't let this guy go. We will regret it if he leaves.

I'm pretty sure life doesn't work that way. Coach Mac will decide his staff. Given the popularity of Chico. He'll be the first to go.

I'm pretty sure life doesn't work that way. Coach Mac will decide his staff. Given the popularity of Chico. He'll be the first to go.

No chance Chico would stay.

I have just never heard a guy at our school speak with the passion he does (don't know if any of you have). You can tell he really means it, that he really loves our school and players. Thats something special, that makes people want to play for you, he is a motivator. Give him a chance RV!!!!