Wac Settlement Eminent?

MCMLXXX

Pertaining to conference games, Bob Stoops said this week that he's kind of glad that Colorado is leaving the Big XII....because he never liked his team having to deal with the altitude difference and the time zone change. (when playing in Boulder).

I feel the same way about DU.

• Upvote 1

Pertaining to conference games, Bob Stoops said this week that he's kind of glad that Colorado is leaving the Big XII....because he never liked his team having to deal with the altitude difference and the time zone change. (when playing in Boulder).

I feel the same way about DU.

Given that Stoops was 0-3 in Boulder as an assistant at Kansas State and 1-2 there as the head coach at OU, I'm sure he is glad he doesn't have to go back.

I would rather take UTSA over Tx State from marketing and sports power ratings.

Taking a quick look at the Southland "Commissioners Cup" standings over the last few years, it appears that UTSA is a better overall program. However, these numbers appear to be skewed by their track & CC teams (as well as Men's Tennis). They don't have football, and TXSt has a very good football program (for the Southland).

I think I would rather see TXSt. join the belt over UTSA.

Taking a quick look at the Southland "Commissioners Cup" standings over the last few years, it appears that UTSA is a better overall program. However, these numbers appear to be skewed by their track & CC teams (as well as Men's Tennis). They don't have football, and TXSt has a very good football program (for the Southland).

I think I would rather see TXSt. join the belt over UTSA.

Might not be to bad ......

WEST

Arkansas State

Louisiana Lafayette

Louisiana Tech

North Texas

Texas State San Marcos

UTSA or NMSU

EAST

Florida Atlantic

Florida International

Louisiana Monroe

Middle Tennessee

Troy

Western Kentucky

Edited by El Paso Eagle

WEST

Arkansas State

Louisiana Lafayette

Louisiana Tech

North Texas

Texas State San Marcos

UTSA or NMSU

EAST

Florida Atlantic

Florida International

Louisiana Monroe

Middle Tennessee

Troy

Western Kentucky

Not bad maybe flip ASU and ULM.

This would be awesome though if La Tech and NMSU left the WAC or UTSA joined.

WEST

Arkansas State

Louisiana Lafayette

Louisiana Tech

North Texas

Texas State San Marcos

UTSA or NMSU

EAST

Florida Atlantic

Florida International

Louisiana Monroe

Middle Tennessee

Troy

Western Kentucky

You left out South Alabama. So put them in the East. Add ULM to the West, and decide which of these three that we'd want as our 11th and 12th teams---NMSU, UTSA or Texas State--S & M.

ESPN article says that if Montana goes, then only one of Texas schools may go. If Denver goes and Montana goes to the WAC, should the Sun Belt offer Texas St to replace Denver?

Why do we need to replace Denver? By the time Texas St can be playing FBS ball USA will already there giving us 10 football members. Based on all the reports I've read, the SBC will not get a lot of money from a championship game and our 2nd place team will have an additional loss. Even the Big XII(10) is saying a championship game isn't all it's cracked up to be.

If we need someone, wait and see exactly who is available.

I don't know if you need to replace Denver. The only problem with 11 is that it makes scheduling more difficult, but the SBC used to have 13 schools so I don't think that's a huge issue.

But if you add UTSA or Texas St, then you'd have 11 for football which isn't ideal. I don't know what ULAR is thinking. A ten-team all sport league is probably the best case (I'm with VideoEagle that conference chamionship games are overrated) but I don't think the SBC would force ULAR out.

If the Sun Belt is looking to expand, I'd rather see Texas St or UTSA added than some team in the eastern part of the conference. I think it'd be better for North Texas to have a rival school in the SBC (which is why I prefer Texas St over UTSA - I think there's still a little rivalry from the Southland days there).

If the Sun Belt is looking to expand, I'd rather see Texas St or UTSA added than some team in the eastern part of the conference. I think it'd be better for North Texas to have a rival school in the SBC (which is why I prefer Texas St over UTSA - I think there's still a little rivalry from the Southland days there).

I felt much more rivalry with Ark St. or NE La (ULM) during the Southland days than I ever felt with SWTSU. If one were added, I'd much rather see UTSA at this point because of the San Antonio market (even if they don't even have a team yet).

Why do we need to replace Denver? By the time Texas St can be playing FBS ball USA will already there giving us 10 football members. Based on all the reports I've read, the SBC will not get a lot of money from a championship game and our 2nd place team will have an additional loss. Even the Big XII(10) is saying a championship game isn't all it's cracked up to be.

If we need someone, wait and see exactly who is available.

Think how much money the Athletic Departments of the Sun Belt will save each year not sending teams to Denver. It all adds up.

Make the conference 14 teams.

Minimum twelve teams are required for a conference championship game, but six teams per division is awkward for scheduling. Seven teams per division gives everyone three home division games and three road division games. Schedule two cross-divisional games each year, and that leaves four games for regional non-conference opponents.

These are games that fans could travel to watch.

WEST

Arkansas State

Louisiana

Louisiana Tech

NMSU

North Texas

Texas State

UTSA

EAST

Florida Atlantic

Florida International

Louisiana Monroe

Middle Tennessee

South Alabama

Troy

Western Kentucky

Make the conference 14 teams.

Minimum twelve teams are required for a conference championship game, but six teams per division is awkward for scheduling. Seven teams per division gives everyone three home division games and three road division games. Schedule two cross-divisional games each year, and that leaves four games for regional non-conference opponents.

These are games that fans could travel to watch.

WEST

Arkansas State

Louisiana

Louisiana Tech

NMSU

North Texas

Texas State

UTSA

EAST

Florida Atlantic

Florida International

Louisiana Monroe

Middle Tennessee

South Alabama

Troy

Western Kentucky

Yes, yes, yes...Git' er done with this new league whick looks like the rest of the FBS and then we catapult ourselves up to Conference USA and with warp speed!

Beam us up, CUSA commish'! :lol:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Yep...heard that from a TSU alum last night. Looking at that WAC conference lineup, you have to think LaTech is not happy. Jeez I wish the Sun Belt commish would work something out with them....