Sbc 10 Year Anniversary Football Team

MCMLXXX

DONE! Everyone on GMG.Com should vote in thios poll...UNT players need your support. GO MEAN GREEN...and, I agree that QB selections suck as do the punter and placekicker selections...can't one write-in a candidate????

Too bad. Scott Hall and Jason Ball are OBVIOUS omits!

I do like that they did this, but it seriously looks like someone from Arkansas State put that thing together. A someone that half assed his way through it also. For Scott Hall, Brad Kassell, Craig Jones, Andy Blount and even a few others I can think of not to be on there is a joke. Now I know I'm biased to our team also. But there are a lot of names not just from our team but others that were not on there. Chris Cooley ring a bell?

No Neon Don? No Craig Jones? WTH?

They could have made a better list by just looking at the number of all conference selections people won.

Didn't Chris Hurd win a player of the year award? He isn't even mentioned.

We have linemen that won first team selections for multiple years that aren't mentioned.

Good ideam, but a terrible list.

Didn't Chris Hurd win a player of the year award? He isn't even mentioned.

Chris Hurd is mentioned as a nominee:

Chris Hurd (North Texas)

2000-2003

A former walk-on, Hurd was named the 2003 Sun Belt Conference Defensive Player of the Year. Was a member of the Mean Green for three of the four Sun Belt Conference Championships in a row. Hurd recorded 120 tackles during his senior season. He was also responsible for five forced fumbles, two recovered fumbles and an interception. Hurd finished his career with 247 total tackles, three sacks, 18 tackles for loss and three interceptions, including one in the 2002 New Orleans Bowl victory over Cincinnati.

As for the omission of the others, that's a complete travesty.

It will be interesting to see how this comes out. No way should a fan vote decide such a thing but lets see. NT should be well represented but who knows, NT has B. Kennedy the only lineman to win conference MVP and he did it twice, two national rushing champions and the receptions leader in Fitzgerald. Has any other Belt player ever led a major statistical category. Kennedy should be a shoo in for most valuable defensive player, but unless NT fans vote in volume; NT could be without any representation. Few fans will actually intelligently vote, but most will vote for their teams players with only a few exceptions for well known players. Unfortunately, NT glory days were early and most will forget or ignore the most dominant run in the Belt.

Note; for all those complaining about the exclusion of players; it states the listed players are based on the schools' nominations. Don't know if they had a screening process after that but at the looks of the ASU nominees; perhaps not.

Edited by GrandGreen