What Fouts Souvenir Might You Want & What Would You Smash?

PlummMeanGreen

Smash? If the pee'in wall were still in the Men's restroom, I could see that going down like the Berlin Wall. I would have provided the necessary sledge hammers (Thanks for removing that, Rick V).

Souvenir? I would not mind a cut out of the first seat I sat in at Fouts Field Student Section (although it was a wooden seat back in the day).

First Memory? I cannot forget those lime green unis' in my first attended game at Fouts Field

Smash: The press box and our "suites"

Souvenir: A couple seats, a piece of the field, or one of those big backlit posters they have hanging on the ramps up to the seats (preferably one that doesn't have Darrel Dickey in it).

First Memory: I have bits and pieces before this, but the true first memory of mine at Fouts was in 1994 or 1995 when we played Oregon State. I was only 5 or 6 years old depending on the year. UNT made a late comeback to win the game. I don't remember the quarterbacks name, but the receiver that caught the winning touchdown was Troy Redwine. I still have the game program at my parents house.

I want to smash the bathrooms, smash good.

I would keep a tortilla to remember when we were on the Sunbelt winning streak.

The first memory I have of Fouts is Forth of July fireworks, we had friends in Denton that took us when I was in grade school.

Edited by KingDL1

Give me a crane with a headache ball attached (that's a wrecking ball) and let me at the horrible pressbox and our poor mans version of "football suites". And for good measure, let me at those horrible end zone seats that are half a football field from the nearest goal line.

749px-Wrecking_ball.jpg

Edited by DeepGreen

smash the erector set endzone seats

keep the concrete reliefs on the outside.

After the win at Tech in 88 I think the first home game we had was ACU. I remember the "open bar". Since tailgating was outlawed we would sneak a different bar item in. Rum, Vodka, Tequila, Gin, Tonic, margarita mix...etc. Sit up in the stands and make our own drinks.

Smash? If the pee'in wall were still in the Men's restroom, I could see that going down like the Berlin Wall. I would have provided the necessary sledge hammers (Thanks for removing that, Rick V).

Souvenir? I would not mind a cut out of the first seat I sat in at Fouts Field Student Section (although it was a wooden seat back in the day).

First Memory? I cannot forget those lime green unis' in my first attended game at Fouts Field

Smash: ALL

Souvenir: NONE

Give me a crane with a headache ball attached (that's a wrecking ball) and let me at the horrible pressbox and our poor mans version of "football suites". And for good measure, let me at those horrible end zone seats that are half a football field from the nearest goal line.

749px-Wrecking_ball.jpg

Great photo, Phil! Is there someone still in that pressbox(?) calling the "never-ending" Utah State barn-burner of several years ago? :blink:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Plum, I have to tell you how much all of us are enjoying seeing you visit the board more often. A birdie told me you visited Denton today and I know the Go Mean Greeners are interested to hear your impression of the construction. I know that you have long had a vision of a grand Mean Green statement at that merging of the 35s. It has to be really satisfying to finally see it coming to fruition! GMG!!

First Memory: I have bits and pieces before this, but the true first memory of mine at Fouts was in 1994 or 1995 when we played Oregon State. I was only 5 or 6 years old depending on the year. UNT made a late comeback to win the game. I don't remember the quarterbacks name, but the receiver that caught the winning touchdown was Troy Redwine. I still have the game program at my parents house.

Our quarterback in that game was Jason Mills. Great comeback. An interesting side story was that the Beaver quarterback was named Donnie (I'm pretty sure) Shanklin, nephew of North Texas and Pittsburgh Steelers great Ronnie Shanklin.

Keep? The Joe Greene poster facing I35.

Smash? Nothing really. Even though it is a poor stadium, I didn't know any better growing up. I've always liked Fouts.

First Memory? Sitting in my Dad's lap at a game in the late 60's during the end of Coach Mitchell's era.

I used to work for the Athletic Department, and I was responsible for putting out the banners around the bottom rim of Fouts and managed the student volunteers who handed out the programs. After the banners were up and all the programs handed out I went up to the press box to settle in for the game. We always had BBQ from Colters...and it was always good. BBQ and NT football...is there anything better???

Smash: The nasty and filthy belly of Fouts Field! Those banners were kept beneath the stands...and the smell never got better over the years.

Souvenir: The reliefs outside the I-35 side of the stadium. I think these are extremely unique and hope they get incorporated into our new home somehow. Oh, and all of the memories...especially the Navy game (what an amazing fly-over that was!)

Are they selling parts of the stadium and various pieces of equipment and memorabilia on-line yet? I'd like to see that day and become one of the active purchasers using my U.S. cash dollars as quickly as I can before Obama turns our whole economy over to China, Mexico, Burkina Faso, Europe and the nether regions of Uranus.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Are they selling parts of the stadium and various pieces of equipment and memorabilia on-line yet? I'd like to see that day and become one of the active purchasers using my U.S. cash dollars as quickly as I can before Obama turns our whole economy over to China, Mexico, Burkina Faso, Europe and the nether regions of Uranus.

I bet most of you didn't even see that left turn...let alone contemplate taking it. A hearty welcome back to The Fake Lonnie Finch