Gmg.com Bowl Update

KRAM1

BUMP...just trying to keep this "on top" to get the needed info up to date.

sign up people!!! it's a good time and you certainly don't have to be an athlete to play!!! you just need to enjoy football, beer, and good times!!!!

• Upvote 1

Bump...a couple of players added...see list in thread...still need palyers and player bios and t-shirt sizes. Folks, PLEASE help me out here...I am close to calling out the "US Special Forces" to get some of you "focused"...HA! laugh.gif

As radiogreen said...it's a great time...football, beer, special one of a kind t-shirts, scholarship fund money raised and you get to meet some of the folks who post ugly things about you here on GMG.com...what could be better than that???? laugh.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have never played in this thing. Will it end up like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KATUnkySdSQ

Or maybe this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqkrsqxtKPY

and will there be any of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmC4LqJxTJY&feature=related

or these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5R9NqDEOqw&feature=related

So many questions.

• Upvote 1

I have never played in this thing. Will it end up like this:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=KATUnkySdSQ

Or maybe this:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=rqkrsqxtKPY

and will there be any of these:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

or these:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

So many questions.

Absolutely...as long as you bring the beer! Suit up!

Flyer...we will play with the amount that shows up be it 10 or whatever. This "ain't" the SuperBowl, officially sanctioned flag football association game or anything like that. I think everyone has played a little "touch or flag" football with fewer than 16 players. But, at this point we have 17 "known" commits, and I am certain there are a few more waiting in the wings to actually place their names on the "official" list of players.

As the "commissioner" I deem that there will be a game and it will be fun! And, there will be sore guys (and maybe ladies) on Sunday who thought they were in better shape than they really are, but that everyone will leave the field alive! And, of course, that there will be beer!

Spectators welcome and encouraged as well.

Speaking of beer...do we have anyone at this point looking to "coordinate" tailgate activities or should we just "go it on our own" and hope? Am open for suggestions and volunteers. Perhaps if you aren't planning on playing but want to be "involved" in some manner other than spectator, you would want to head up this most important and critical aspect of the day's events? If so, PM me or let it be know right here...otherwise, we'll just be "on our own" and look for folks to bring beverages and food as they might.

One rule...have fun...OK, second rule...don't yell at the referee (Flyer)! laugh.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Rudy

Name: Brian

Ht: 5'8

Actual Height: Slightly less

Weight: Working out everyday, ask me closer to game time.

40 Time: Blazing speed...No

Hands: I have two of them, and I can actually catch with them

Can run good routes, and catch fairly well, which makes up for lack of speed and height.

Because nobody suggested a better date? This is all on Kram, and he's doing his best to make this happen. If anyone is willing to lend a hand on the planning, I'm sure he'd be glad for the assistance.

I'm out, but I found folks at Oklahoma State who know a thing or two about flag football game planning if that helps: http://campusrec.okstate.edu/intramural/schedulesevents/stateflag

Good luck, gentlemen!

• Upvote 1

Wow! Some of you guys really crack me up! laugh.gif If you go back through the thread there was plenty of discussion surrounding the date of the game. Also, I have made several...many...requests for help with the planning, etc. I have even sent several PM's (many of which have to this day gone ignored and unanswered). As is often the case with "volunteer efforts", lots of folks are willing to tell people how they should do this or that, but often never seem to "volunteer" their time to help.

I am sorry that the date does not work well for some, I truly am, but please do tell me what date we could have picked that would have worked for every single person interested AND the UNT athletic dept.? The date selected was the "winning date" resulting from a vote that was held by interested parties. I do not know how the selection of a date could have been handled any more fair or open. The 15th WON by those interested enough to vote by an overwhelming margin. Again, sorry...I even counted all the "hanging chad" ballots.

Here is what we have so far...

1) We now have our very own set of flags that can be used from year to year (thanks to a generous GMG.com donor who has asked to not be named)

2) We have T-shirt art ready to go...thanks to Smitty for finalizing the artwork and getting it "camera ready" for us

3) We have a screen printer that has agreed to help us a bit with cost per shirt (save &&& so more goes to the scholarship fund)

4) We have the field set through agreement with the athletic dept (no small feat and plenty of phone calls) - The Soccer Fields at UNT off Bonnie Brae

5) We have a referee (thanks Flyer)

6) We have a White Team captain (Thanks forevereagle) WE STILL NEED A GREEN TEAM CAPTAIN...hint hint biggrin.gif

7) We have a "commissioner" and a "he who can be blamed" - Kram1 - yes, yours truly

8) We have the following players committed:

forevereagle - white team captain

radiogreen

UNT90

MrsGreenGloblin (still waiting on the possible addition of "Mr" GreenGloblin)

untcampbell

Hickoryhouse

ForneyGreen

Harry

KingDL1

Laxtonto

UNTFan23

unt88

untgirl04

GreenStreet

GreenN'walinsVet

Rudy

WE NEED MORE PLAYERS...deadline is fast approaching to sign up...we'll have the "coaching player selection/draft" soon. Got to have time to get those t-shirts done in green or white after the teams are selected. So...come on down...the great will be great fun.

STILL NEED:

1) any volunteer interested in helping to coordinate tailgate activities

2) Green Team Captain

3) players

Cost: $25.00 per player (check or cash at time of game...please don't leave me hanging with t-shirts I have paid for personally and then not show up after committing to play...that would not be nice!)

If you have questions...PM me..I promise I'll get back with you promptly.

OK, the "cat herding" will continue until the game has started on the 15th at 3PM. laugh.gif

After much soul searching and discussing with my family (and seeing that this year's game isn't a ringer fest) I have decided to end my semi-retirement and enter the draft for this year's game. I won't bother with a bio, you know who I am, and I have one demand. I shall have "Black Dynamite" on the back of my game shirt. Please direct all questions to my publicist, The Tasty Greek.

After much soul searching and discussing with my family (and seeing that this year's game isn't a ringer fest) I have decided to end my semi-retirement and enter the draft for this year's game. I won't bother with a bio, you know who I am, and I have one demand. I shall have "Black Dynamite" on the back of my game shirt. Please direct all questions to my publicist, The Tasty Greek.

Glad to have you in the game "Black Dynamite". Now, since you have refused to provide a bio am I to assume you want me to guess at your T-shirt size as well or might I please have that so the shirt will fit nicely? I will definitely use "Black Dynamite" on the back...is that with a "short fuse"? laugh.gif

Welcome aboard. Would you like to captain the Green Team???????

I'll be in touch very soon to discuss Emmitt's hospitality requirements and appearance fee.

No photographs, autographs will be available afterward for $15 generic, $25 with a custom message (10 words or less).

Hows the GMG basketball game coming along?

I'll help you if you want to be the commissioner. You too can learn the joy of "herding cats"...laugh.gif Really, if you want to head this up, I'll help. But, can we please, in this thread at least, just concentrate on the flag football game? I really do not want to confuse anyone here...especially me.

It's tentatively scheduled for December 18, 2010. We just need to figure out how to share the Pit with the Fall Commencement Ceremonies. I'm thinking half-court make it take it should solve the court sharing "situation." Thoughts?

The visual of this is going to keep me laughing the rest of the day. Thank you.

BREAKING NEWS! GMG.COM BOWL ANNOUNCES GREEN TEAM CAPTAIN!

We now have our two captains with today's announcement that none other than GMG.com's own, HARRY, has agreed to be Green Team captain. Really appreciate Harry agreeing to once again captain a side. Should be fun. We now have:

White Team Captain - forevereagle

Green Team Captain - Harry

The player draft should take place around May 1st (two weeks prior to game day)...so, we still have time to add players. If you are considering playing in this year's game there is still time...

Thanks Harry and thanks forevereagle....Great captains they will be!

talonGMGbowl2.jpg

Thought you might like to see the T-Shirt logo for this year's GMG.com Bowl. We owe a big "THANK YOU" to none other than GM.com's SMITTY for working up this great logo for us. Is this great, or what? You might be interested to know that I had drawn up a logo for the shirts and sent it to Smitty to help with getting it on a format the t-shirts folks could use. He took one look at what I had done and immediately went to work crafting this completely original logo. I might add he never once told me that my design looked like a bunch of 1st graders got loose with a box of crayons! laugh.gif

Thanks, Smitty...another great job. Thanks for helping make this year's GMG.com Bowl a success. Very much appreciated.

If you cannot play and would like one of the t-shirts, just PM me...cost is $25.00 per and proceeds will go to the Andrew Smith Scholarship fund. If you simply would like to make a contribution to the scholarship or to help defray costs of this year's event, any size donation is greatly welcomed and appreciated. You can PM me for instructions as to how to get the donation or shirt order to me.

This is a shirt the "cool-kids" in school want to wear! Thanks, Smitty! GREAT job...as always.

I like it, and I would like to suggest we add the Bowl number. I can look at my shirts at home to be sure, but it seems like it may be the GMG Bowl VII. (I am not sure) All the rest of my shirts have followed that tradition.

Thanks Kram

Thanks Smitty

If we know for certain which number this would be, we just may be able to add that. I have had several folks give me differing numbers of years, so I would be hesitant to add the number unless 100% certain. But, good idea...let us know what you find out.

I need to look, but I did not think last year's shirt had the number of years played on it...but, my memory is not 100% on that...so, I'll take a look.

Edited by KRAM1