Gmg.com Bowl Update

KRAM1

OK, this just in from GMG.com Bowl central...after all the "hanging chad" ballots were accounted for the date and time of the GMG.com Bowl is........drum roll please...

MAY 15th (Saturday) with a 3PM kick-off at Fouts.

Green Team captain-Stebo

White Team captain - firefightenRick

Referee- UNTFlyer

Now...we need:

1) Firm playing commitments - yes, tell me again that you will play

2) t-Shirt sizes - some I have...others have ignored my pleas for sizes...

3) Player Bios for the draft...how do we do the bios? My guess is...go ahead and place them on this thread...should be fun reading.

Coaches....how do you want to proceed with the draft and when? I will need time after the draft to get the t-shirts done so give me as much time as possible...please and thank you.

Anyone looking to do some post-game tailgating/beverages? What about if we bring "stuff"...would someone like to volunteer to coordinate the post-game festivities????? PM me if you can help...or would like to help.

OK, time to "get it on".....

Name - UNTFAN23

T-shirt size - L

Height - 5'11"

Weight - 140 lbs soaking wet

40 speed - This is proprietary information and requires a Non-Discloaure Agreement be signed

Age - 31 :mellow:

Feats of strength include performing 100 curls with a 5 lb weight and not breaking a sweat.

Edited by UNTFan23

Name - forevereagle

T-Shirt - L

Height - 6'5" (for the roster)

Actual height - 6'2"

Weight - 180 (again, for the roster)

Actual weight - 165

40 time - this is dependent upon the 40 you are referring to.

A GMG Bowl veteran. Has never lost in 4 straight appearances, beginning in GMG Bowl 3. Played first 3 games with Green before moving to White for last year's game.

Edit: Since everyone else is giving age, 28.

Edited by forevereagle

Name - UNT90

Height - 6' 4", but listed at 6"9"

Weight - 235, but listed at 260

40 time - had a great time on my 40th.

Age - obviously over 40

Position - Tight End (I hope this doesn't preclude me from playing). Decent cover guy.

Scouting report - Basketball hands, runs good routes which compensates for age and slowness afoot.

This is my 1st GMG bowl, so I expect to be a late round pick that surprises (good or bad, we will see).

Name - KingDL1

T-Shirt - XXL will work fine.

Height - 5'10"

Weight - I broke the damn scale again

The 40 - Well it depends on the brand, but I can hold my own.

Missed last year due to a wedding, I am here to win! I play hockey, I am not sure how well that that translates to football.

• Upvote 1

I am checking on the time for graduation...but, I do think Green lot parking might be available...but, even if parking is "tight" be creative, you can find a place. But, I am checking and will let you know...if it looks like it would be too much of a "mess", we'll simply move the date a week or so. BUT, remember, there is ALWAYS SOMETHING! If we move it, we will be into high school graduations, and the lots will be just as full....if we want this to take place, we can pull it off. The vast majority who voted in the poll said they could play on the 15th. If parking is the only issue, remember your days as a student at UNT. You always found a spot....

Still need player bios and T-shirt sizes. Thanks gang...keep 'em coming.

Hey, I need GMG.com Bowl T-shirt design. Any creative folks out there? Keep it simple enough so it could be one color good for green or white tees...allowing for costs to remain low so more $$$ go to the scholarship out of the $25 "entry "fee"....thanks folks.....

Name: Mrs.GreenGoblin

Size- S or M

Height- 5'4"

Weight- (women never admit their true weight)

Age- 30, the only reason you are getting this one is because it's on my profile

40- What's that? J/K

I am still pretty fast in short bursts....very short bursts. Didn't seem to have a problem keeping up last year.

This is my 3rd bowl game. I played for the winning team last year and will be this year too. :)

Hopefully we can get a few more girls to sign up this year so I won't be the only one again.

• Upvote 1

Name - Hickoryhouse

Size - XXL

Height - 6'1"

Weight - 240

Age - 28

Scouting Report - I used to box because I was to slow to play sports that involved running outside of conditioning and after that stopped fighting and I started sitting behind a computer for work all day I lost the remainder of any speed that I used to have.

I played last year and had a great time, but we lost, that is a trend that needs to be reversed. Projection, a steal as an undrafted free agent...

Edited by hickoryhouse

FFR - At this point we have 10 "official" sign-ups. But the un-official count shows 20+. This is getting to be a bit like "herding cats". Lots of folks say they want to play/will play, but they don't respond to my pleas for info. Still early...still need responses regarding t-shirt sizes and player bios..

I don't even have the player bios for the two team captains as yet...hint...hint. biggrin.gif

Also...forgot something...

Anyone employed by a company or know of one that might like to help sponsor this event? Would be more than happy to have their logo/name imprinted on the t-shirts if so...wouldn't be too pricey either... $100/$200/$25/$500...you all know the drill. Any ideas/takers? The more we raise the more $$$ go to the scholarship effort.

What say you? Just thinking........

KRAM in the previous years I think we always gave everyone a couple of weeks to get their bio's in and stuff because everyone's schedules are different and what not. We have a bit of time. :)

The official date was just posted yesterday right? So I would expect more people to turn in bio's over the next two weeks or so.

KRAM in the previous years I think we always gave everyone a couple of weeks to get their bio's in and stuff because everyone's schedules are different and what not. We have a bit of time. smile.gif

The official date was just posted yesterday right? So I would expect more people to turn in bio's over the next two weeks or so.

Nice that you feel two weeks is enough time to get the bios in...apprecaite that...but then the coaches have to pick their teams...and then I need time to get the t-shirts printed and lettered with names, etc., etc. Since no one has "volunteered" to help with any of this logistical stuff, I do need as much time as I can get to get it all handled...unfortunately, I am not retired and do work a full-time...sometimes paying job and have somewhat of a life on the weekends as well. Ha! So, it would be swell and paechy keen if those folks that know they are playing could just go ahead and post bios and get t-shirt sizes to me. Procrastination is great, unless you are the one trying to "herd the cats". biggrin.gif

By the way...is there a Mr. Greengobblin that might be playing as well??????

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Name - ForneyGreen

Size - M

Height - 5'6"

Weight - 160

Age - 42

40 - Actually, I'm a little over 40 (see above)

Scouting Report: Although I have no real athletic ability, I am a true steal for that team that

is looking to achieve GMG.com Bowl glory. Don't let my 5'6" frame mislead you - I play

like I'm 5'7".

This will be my first GMG.com Bowl - I've been in training the past 10 years.

radiogreen, but you can call me THOR

xl shirt

6'6", 220

i'm gonna drink beer before, DURING, and after the game...that's just the way it is...

good times have always been had...but...i'm usually on the losing team...take that for what you will...

i'm gonna have fun and DRINK BEER...priorities!!!

this is an awesome time and i'll ONLY miss it for sex, (i'm married so i get it whenever), or a trip to vegas (next trip isn't until july, unless i get the fever)

Edited by radiogreen
  • Upvote 1

Gotta be a newlywed.

hahahahah....two years in!!!

edit for a side note....are we going to be able to tailgate/drink beer during the commencement???

i was told i couldn't grill/drink during the conference tourney at nt a couple of years ago because school was in session...hopefully, this won't be a problem...BEER ES IMPORTANTE!!!

Edited by radiogreen
  • Upvote 1

FFR - At this point we have 10 "official" sign-ups. But the un-official count shows 20+. This is getting to be a bit like "herding cats". Lots of folks say they want to play/will play, but they don't respond to my pleas for info. Still early...still need responses regarding t-shirt sizes and player bios..

I don't even have the player bios for the two team captains as yet...hint...hint. biggrin.gif

My suggestion for the T Shirts, if you don't get enough responses to meet minimum order, is to simply have past players wear past shirts. I have several, therefore my entire fee can go to the scholarship fund rather than having to pay for a t shirt.

FFR Bio:

Played in several GMG.com bowl games although I missed last years' game. I try to get into sprinting shape before the game as best I can and look forward to playing again this year for a great cause.

Rick

Ummmm... Everyone knows my successes in this game...

I am scheduled to do Dancing with the Stars (you know they always are looking for an athlete) so I will check my schedule and let yall know ASAP.

I will check with the Tall Guy also, he has been talking about it alot so he may be interested