Colt Mccoy

adman

Granted, Tech fans arent saints, but Ive never seen them hit a fan. not saying they havent. And by their usual standards and BcS standards, they were mediocre this season.

You don't run the table in the Big XII as a mediocre team. I'm not a UT fan, but your analysis of their season and the so-called National Championship game is slanted by your hatred of them.

Really? So, Tuberville going 13-0 in 2004 in the SEC was something anyone could have done? Any old "good guy" could do it? Todd Dodge is a "good guy" that isn't even treading water in the Sun Belt. I had a neighbor play for Buddy Teevins at Tulane, a "good guy" that somehow couldn't get it done either. Gosh, if only Tuberville and Pelini had the football intelligence of offense-banging "good guys" like Dodge and Teevens...imagine what success they would enjoy as coaches.

It's also laughable to say Pelini rides Stoops' coattails. Pelini broke into the college game at Nebraska after nine years coaching in the NFL. Bob Stoops had nothing to do with Pelini getting an NFL job in 1994. And, Pelini was only at OU for one season - the year they shut out Vince Young, Cedric Benson, and roster full of other NFL players, 12-0. How has Bob Stoops fared against Texas since his older brother, then Pelini left? They're 1-4. Who was riding coattails at OU? I think it was Bob riding his older brother's coattails as well as Pelini's.

Only on a North Texas message board would people look at the results Tuberville and Pelini have gotten out of various defenses and pooh-pooh it. The strong defensive expertise both bring will help the Big 12 shed its image as a defenseless, pass happy playground. Both have SEC championships under their belt and Pelini has a national title under his belt from his days at LSU.

But, I mean, the SEC...pshht. How good could that conference really be? I mean, it only accounted for half of the national titles over the past 10 years. How could anyone learn anything about competitive football by coaching there? Especially defensive-minded dolts like Tuberville and Pelini.

How will in the world will Tuberville and Pelini ever figure out how to contain offensive-minded coaches like Mike Gundy, Art Briles, Dan Hawkins, Gary Pinkel, and Mike Sherman? You just look at all of the Big 12 titles those guys have piled up with their tricked up offenses and just have to shake your head at hires like Tuberville and Pelini, right?

It's startling that nine of the last 10 Big 12 titles were won by either OU or Texas, schools who have a head coach that came from the SEC (Bob Stoops, Florida) and a defensive coordinator that came from the SEC (Will Muschamp, Auburn). But, I mean, really...how much success can defensive-minded coaches straight out of the SEC realy be expected to bring? Tech and Nebraska, must not be looking at the recent history of the conference, right?

You may notice that they hand out championship trophies for winning champions, not for piling up statistics in the passing game. With Tuberville and Pelini, the Big 12 is beginning to go back to its roots as a conference with tough defenses. And, OU and Texas, therefore, will face better in conference challenges as a result. And, thus, the conference will be legitimate again.

You can always count on TFLF to throw in a slam at Dodge even when the subject is about TTech and their new coach.

Wow. Three teams. Woo-hoo. That's surely an increase from past seasons, right? And, that stellar 4-4 bowl record.

Texas had one thing, it's defense...well, against the Big 12 schools maybe. Bama took what little Texas had on offense, Colt McCoy, immobilized it, then coasted home to a 16-point win. Anyone who watched Texas versus Oklahoma and Nebraska would have known the Longhorns weren't going to do squat against Alabama.

And...with two 100 yard rushers against the "#1 run defense in college football." Laughable coming out of the Big 12 conference. It's a great run defense against schools that pass the ball too much. Yeah, the best. Stick them up against a coach and coaching staff who don't have their heads up their backsides, and you get what you get...two 100 yard rushers - one a freshman and the other a sophomore - and another Big 12 team stomped in the national title game by an SEC school.

As many BCS games as Mack Brown has whined his way into and OU has backed into thanks to computers, it was nice to watch one or the other get put in their place again. Now that Tommy Tuberville is at Tech and Bo Pelini has Nebraska halfway (defensive side of the ball) up again, the conference may be credible again next season or in 2011.

Also...Boise/Bama...? Forget it. Boise barely handled a TCU team that left its offense at home. Bama would have shut either of those two out. The real national title game was played on December 5, 2009 when Bama and Florida met in the SEC title game. No Big 12 team could have come within 16 of either of them this year.

you need to put that crack pipe down...if colt hadn't gone down...it would have been all Texas...hell, bama came close to going down with a Texas QB that had 10 snaps under his belt....it sure is good you don't hate Texas.

Baylor, who lost to Iowa State by 14...wait...

aTm...who won by 25 disagrees...that's it.

Don't stop now -- we can get another 9 pages on this key North Texas topic going for sure! Think of the possibilities for Georgia and Arkansas alone.

you need to put that crack pipe down...if colt hadn't gone down...it would have been all Texas...hell, bama came close to going down with a Texas QB that had 10 snaps under his belt....it sure is good you don't hate Texas.

You're right. Had colt been healthy he could've played DT and prevented Alabama from having TWO 100 yard rushers...you know, to bolster that 1st ranked Texas rush defense. If he weren't hurt he could've told Saban not to put it in cruise control the second half or to rest Ingram most of the third quarter...that couldn't have had anything to do with Texas closing the gap, nah. Tell me, if we could magically fix Colt's "dead arm" could we also go back and fix the two cracked ribs Mcelroy played with? Or how about when bama gifted Texas the ball in bama territory when colt was in the game and Texas came away with a whopping 3 points? Nah, let's ignore that too.

4 days after the game and the delusion continues.

Don't stop now -- we can get another 9 pages on this key North Texas topic going for sure! Think of the possibilities for Georgia and Arkansas alone.

All I was getting at was that TU didn't play particularly well and that with what they showed in the Big 12 championship, Nebraska could have lost just as well to Bama. Not trying to start the merry go round. But if that's where this thread needs to go, Tech did beat A&M, who lost to KSU, who lost to Tech. How quality is the Big 12? Even they don't know who is good and who isn't.

Tommy Tuberville is trying to interview Troy's offensive coordinator, Dale Brown, to run his

new show at Tech.

I think Dale should call Tony Franklin and ask for his advice about

working for Tuberville.'

But, if Rick Stockstill takes the USF job, maybe Tony Franklin could take

over MTSU, or just follow Rick to USF.

And, what would it have been "if" Mark Ingram hadn't missed the equivalent of two quarters - the middle of the 2nd Quarter until about 6 minutes left in the fourth? The guy played the equivalent of half a game and still punctured the "#1 run defense" for 100+. Had Ingram not been injured most of the game, there would have been no "comeback."

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Everyone who claims texas would have rolled over Bama if McCoy hadnt been hurt also doesnt realize, that yes, the game would have been closer at the half, therefore, the Bama players would not have eased up and would have continued playing hard. The outcome wouldnt have changed.

Everyone who claims texas would have rolled over Bama if McCoy hadnt been hurt also doesnt realize, that yes, the game would have been closer at the half, therefore, the Bama players would not have eased up and would have continued playing hard. The outcome wouldnt have changed.

the injury cost texas the game period. i can play what if too. if unt had colt mccoy we would have beat bama and they would not even be in that game at 12-1.

Texas would have beat the hell out of Bama if McCoy hadn't gone down. Texas' defense was totally dominant in the second half, and Bama's DB's sucked bigtime. Hell, Bama didn't really beat us all that badly when you think about it. BTW, this is coming from a guy who HATES TEXAS!!!!!!

Except for those two rushing touchdowns? Or was it three?

Texas would have beat the hell out of Bama if McCoy hadn't gone down. Texas' defense was totally dominant in the second half, and Bama's DB's sucked bigtime. Hell, Bama didn't really beat us all that badly when you think about it. BTW, this is coming from a guy who HATES TEXAS!!!!!!

Of course we'll never know how Texas would have done had McCoy stayed in the game, so please abandon the straw man argument.

true...it was easy to see before mcCoy was injured....Texas is a 2nd have team and bama just was out of timing prior to the injury...Texas made poor adjustments after colt's injury that hurt them, but anyway,,,you can't talk with pure Texas haters....right emmitt!

Just curious, but how can you say that UT would have won with Colt and ignore the fact that they could not score with him? They got 6 points, two field goals, through great field position that was given to them by Bama. They had trouble moving the ball when McCoy was in the game. Also, Bama played a conservative offense from the minute that they got a lead. They asked their QB to throw 11 passes in the game.

Edited by forevereagle

true...it was easy to see before mcCoy was injured....Texas is a 2nd have team and bama just was out of timing prior to the injury...Texas made poor adjustments after colt's injury that hurt them, but anyway,,,you can't talk with pure Texas haters....right emmitt!

So rather than respond to the facts in my post you rally around your "hater" argument? You'll fit well in the Texas fanbase.

Edited by emmitt01

So rather than respond to the facts in my post you rally around your "hater" argument? You'll fit well in the Texas fanbase.

I love it. You're still fired up enough 5 days later to attack everyone, even the guy supporting you via sarcasm. This thread shall live...FOREVER!

Just curious, but how can you say that UT would have won with Colt and ignore the fact that they could not score with him? They got 6 points, two field goals, through great field position that was given to them by Bama. They had trouble moving the ball when McCoy was in the game. Also, Bama played a conservative offense from the minute that they got a lead. They asked their QB to throw 11 passes in the game.

McCoy was injured during the first drive of the game, so how can you make that claim?

McElroy was horrible all night, partly due to UT's pass rush and UT's defensive backs dominating Bama's receivers.

This game was much closer than the final score indicated.

Emmitt, your hatred of all things UT clouds your judgement.

I love it. You're still fired up enough 5 days later to attack everyone, even the guy supporting you via sarcasm. This thread shall live...FOREVER!

Best Thread of All-time? Anyone else agree....(crickets)...Anyone?

For a second, I thought I was on the UNT Football forum, but I must have been wrong.