Who Was Unt's Player Of The Decade ?

NT03

Booger.

There are so many great candidates to choose from: The Mighty Quinn, Scott Hall, Kevin Galbreath, Craig Jones, Cody Spencer, Adrian Awasome, Jonas Buckles, Andy Brewster, Brad Kassell, Nick Zuniga, Chris Hurd,...... But none of them affected the outcome of a game and set the tone like Booger did. When he was wreaking havoc and rolling, the whole team did.

Will we ever see another dominating player like him, ever again?

Rick

Very, very tough because we have had many great guys. There were a few guys who could take over a game.

No disrespect to ANY of them but the first one who always comes to mind is Booger Kennedy. He was a real game-changer.

What's sad is that this discussion ends after the 2004 season.

Booger Kennedy is unquestionably the player of the decade.....and probably of the last 25 years.

Cobbs is the clear #2, and people will remember him more favorably if he continues to have a solid NFL career.

...but that team was built on Booger's back. We played dominant defense and he was the lynchpin of the entire unit.

I think people are forgetting that PC only had one really good year. Then injuries and Jamario came to town.

I would give PC the best single year performance of the decade. But a "player of the decade" needs to have a few good years put together, in my opinion.

For that reason, I give the player of the decade award to Booger Kennedy.

I think people are forgetting that PC only had one really good year. Then injuries and Jamario came to town.

I would give PC the best single year performance of the decade. But a "player of the decade" needs to have a few good years put together, in my opinion.

For that reason, I give the player of the decade award to Booger Kennedy.

I quit. We just devalue everything now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Cobbs#College_career

I think people are forgetting that PC only had one really good year.

True, the "Emerald Express" had one really good year in '02(761 yards, 8 TD's) and then had two great years, '03(1680 yards, 19 TD's) and '05(1154 yards, 6 TD's) and his career spanned 5 seasons, ending as NT's all-time rushing leader with 4,050 yards and 36 TD's.

Rick