How Confident Are You In Our Football Program?

Side Show Joe

I think we have a 75% chance of losing 9 games in 2010. With the success of tcu and smu, and our record, I give us a 60% chance of taking a hit in recruiting. 80% chance we have a lower attendence next season. And I give Dodge a 49% chance of finishing next season as the head coach. How confident are you in your feelings about our situation?

I think we have a 75% chance of losing 9 games in 2010. With the success of tcu and smu, and our record, I give us a 60% chance of taking a hit in recruiting. 80% chance we have a lower attendence next season. And I give Dodge a 49% chance of finishing next season as the head coach. How confident are you in your feelings about our situation?

90%

75%

75%

100%

Attendance may take one hell of hit, but it really depends on the off season alot can happen both positive and negative.

Edited by KingDL1

I am confident I don't have any more answers than you do. I think most agree that the team has the talent and experience to be much better. The question is can the coaching staff improve enough to guide this team to challenge for the league title. In your style, I think NT has a 75% chance of winning 3 or more games and about a 20% change of winning 7 or more. As far as recruiting, I am not sure of what constitutes taking a hit. We won't get any players that SMU or TCU recruits and probably will lag the rest of the Texas fb division schools. However, this was basically what happened last year. I don't think recruiting will be much different from last year. As far as attendance, it will be the same as this year. The attendance will mirror the play of the team; the more wins, the better attendance. 95% chance Dodge will finished out next year's season as head coach. That is quite different from asking whether TD will return for his final contract year. I would put those odds at about 50%.

Attendance may take one hell of hit, ....

BULL SHIZZLE

Oh wait, you said "may." Nevermind: "may" doesn't mean much. Tiger Woods "may" not cheat on his wife next year. I bet he does, and I also bet our attendance is strong next year. That is to say "attendance may not take one hell of a hit." I believe it will not because this team is fun to watch, unlike so many teams I watched over the last decade and a half.

IMHO, the offense DodgeBall has brought to UNT has been fan-friendly and indeed successful. If this team was as lucky as our first SBC bowl team, we would have four or five more wins this season.

I just hope that our defense can turn the corner. That will be the key to success so long as we can continue to build on Riley's first year.

All yall that think Dodge should be fired are nimrods. No offense.

Edited by MGW

BULL SHIZZLE

Oh wait, you said "may." Nevermind.

IMHO, the offense DodgeBall has brought to UNT has been fan-friendly and indeed successful. If this team was as lucky as our first SBC bowl team, we would have four or five more wins this season.

I just hope that our defense can turn the corner. That will be the key to success so long as we can continue to build on Riley's first year.

All yall that think Dodge should be fired are nimrods. No offense.

You do realize that 90% of D1 schools he wouldn't be coming back? And if you wanted him back, you should gamble more - because you probably have about the same odds as this team winning 7 games next year.

You do realize that 90% of D1 schools he wouldn't be coming back? And if you wanted him back, you should gamble more - because you probably have about the same odds as this team winning 7 games next year.

I do gamble, and I am quite successful. If you care to wager, I'll bet you $100 this team wins 7 games next year, and gladly pay you if they don't. Wait, that might be illegal. How about if the Mean Green win seven or more games next year, you donate $100 to Green Peace or Amnesty International (SUMG's favorite charity), and if they do not I will donate $100 to the charity of your choosing. Alternatively, if I lose and my Mean Green don't win seven games next year then I'll buy your Mean Green Club membership and if I win you buy mine.

Let's do this, GMG1999! Send me an IM if you're down with this. Please note I will sue you if you agree and don't follow through.

Edited by MGW

I do gamble, and I am quite successful. If you care to wager, I'll bet you $100 this team wins 7 games next year, and gladly pay you if they don't. Wait, that might be illegal. How about if the Mean Green win seven or more games next year, you donate $100 to Green Peace or Amnesty International (SUMG's favorite charity), and if they do not I will donate $100 to the charity of your choosing. Alternatively, if I lose and my Mean Green don't win seven games next year then I'll buy your Mean Green Club membership and if I win you buy mine.

Let's do this, GMG1999! Send me an IM if you're down with this. Please note I will sue you if you agree and don't follow through.

Gamblers have to weigh the odds and our odds are much higher with Dodge staying (and the players staying thus not hurting our APR even more) than we do starting from scratch. This probably came down to money and if we had a bunch, we would probably buy it out... but our fans like to write checks that our AD cannot cash.

Gamblers have to weigh the odds and our odds are much higher with Dodge staying (and the players staying thus not hurting our APR even more) than we do starting from scratch. This probably came down to money and if we had a bunch, we would probably buy it out... but our fans like to write checks that our AD cannot cash.

According to the Podcast, and just as I expected as well, cash was not figured in.

Rick

Honestly Steve I don't think it was all about money this time around. I had heard we had the money.

Edited by KingDL1

So, do you think we can win 7 next year?

Can I play? You know I'm good for it? This would be $100 I'd gladly give up if we win 7 next year?

Rick

I think Dodge has a 25% chance of winning enough games next year to save his job and increase attendance. I hope he does it, but until we see some results on the field I wouldn't be bold enough to predict it.

this sounds about right....maybe 20%, but what evidence points to him winning 7 games? He can barely luck out and beat the worse teams in america...and we are one of them and usually have been during the last 30 years. A new stadium and perception, attitude will turn this around...but that is not likely to happen until 2011 and after...and I imagine, with a new coach.

Sorry, but we are not in same league as TCU anymore as for as recruiting. Their success now is not flash in the pan, they have a very strong program with a solid alumni base behind them. That is wishful thinking to think we are competing for recruits with TCU.

this sounds about right....maybe 20%, but what evidence points to him winning 7 games? He can barely luck out and beat the worse teams in america...and we are one of them and usually have been during the last 30 years. A new stadium and perception, attitude will turn this around...but that is not likely to happen until 2011 and after...and I imagine, with a new coach.

I don't think there is a chance in hell that UNT wins 7 games next year. But I think RV (and many fans) will accept a lower win total as evidence of a turnaround, contrary to what RV just said.

And you do realize this program is not ran like 90% of Div 1 schools. For a school this size, in one of the top 3 states for recruits, with this huge alumni base, and we continue have these types of challenges. Decade after decade after decade. 99, you and I were in a local sporting goods store and NOT 1 NORTH TEXAS ITEM, but a whole wall of UT stuff. It is the little things like that, and the fiasco of the past couple of weeks that make us so insignificant to even the most casual college football fans on our own campus, in Denton, and throughout DFW. Another coach might have a few more wins, but until a lot of little things change around here, the big things are not going to happen.