From Vito

KingDL1

Jub Jub was just talking on the radio with Craig this morning about how the info he was being told was that Dodge would be back for next season.

We're the laughing stock of Texas Collegiate Football anyways...with the possible exception of Texas College. So, how much lower can we go with another year of the 'Offensive Genius'?

We're the laughing stock of Texas Collegiate Football anyways...with the possible exception of Texas College. So, how much lower can we go with another year of the 'Offensive Genius'?

Craig says more or less, "Dodge came in and basically made North Texas, Southlake Carroll with all of the changes."

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

Jub Jub was just talking on the radio with Craig this morning about how the info he was being told was that Dodge would be back for next season.

Just served to heighten my deep seeded fear that Todge will be back next year. Listening to defeated Jah talk North Texas Mean Green football this morning made me wanna drive my car into a fire hydrant and tree. I honestly don't think he believes the tired company line he spews anymore. He's too smart for that.

Just served to heighten my deep seeded fear that Todge will be back next year. Listening to defeated Jah talk North Texas Mean Green football this morning made me wanna drive my car into a fire hydrant and tree. I honestly don't think he believes the tired company line he spews anymore. He's too smart for that.

What's so wrong with giving him one more year? If you bring in someone else, that new coach is not going to produce much better next year. He's going to again start the rebuilding process that will take several years. And at that point you're just admitting to having wasted 3 years with Dodge. Why not give him one more year just to make sure that you're assuming he's not the right guy is correct? What difference does that make? Why let him take his coaching bumps and bruises and then just leave us bruised and beaten without seeing if he can learn from mistakes? Last year we were so bad he never had the chance to learn how to manage a close game. Now he has. Let's see if progress is made next year and go from there.

As far as I've seen, we've gotten better each year he's been here. If that continues we'll be a national power by 2020!

You'll appreciate the hydrant more than you will the tree, I assure you of that.

Meanwhile, as the hours tick by without an announcement as to which direction this program is going to go in our recruiting competition continues to load up on ammunition they will use against us.

Rick

. And at that point you're just admitting to having wasted 3 years with Dodge. Why not give him one more year just to make sure that you're assuming he's not the right guy is correct? What difference does that make?

It's a major risk to let him go or to keep him. We are out of the shallow end of the pool here. What if we keep him, and he continues to struggle, then we get rid of him and have a new coach start implementing his system, coaches will almost always struggle their first year. If Dodge was let go now, a new coach can be into his second year when the stadium opens and hopefully have some of the kinks out of the system.

As far as I've seen, we've gotten better each year he's been here. If that continues we'll be a national power by 2020!

In what? Basketball? Johnny Jones does seem to be building something over there.

Meanwhile, as the hours tick by without an announcement as to which direction this program is going to go in our recruiting competition continues to load up on ammunition they will use against us.

I don't think an announcement made later today is going to make a huge difference. But I would like to hear something today.

What's so wrong with giving him one more year? If you bring in someone else, that new coach is not going to produce much better next year. He's going to again start the rebuilding process that will take several years. And at that point you're just admitting to having wasted 3 years with Dodge. Why not give him one more year just to make sure that you're assuming he's not the right guy is correct? What difference does that make? Why let him take his coaching bumps and bruises and then just leave us bruised and beaten without seeing if he can learn from mistakes? Last year we were so bad he never had the chance to learn how to manage a close game. Now he has. Let's see if progress is made next year and go from there.

If we keep Dodge for another year and don't make .500 at the end of the regular season, I believe we should no longer keep Dodge. So, new coach comes in for 2011 and chances are good we'll have yet another losing season. So, over a 10 year period (2002 to 2011), we will have had 3 winning seasons (2002, 2003, 2004). With a new coach starting in 2010, we'll at least have a fighting chance to post a winning record the year we open the stadium (2011).

If we keep Dodge for another year and don't make .500 at the end of the regular season, I believe we should no longer keep Dodge. So, new coach comes in for 2011 and chances are good we'll have yet another losing season. So, over a 10 year period (2002 to 2011), we will have had 3 winning seasons (2002, 2003, 2004). With a new coach starting in 2010, we'll at least have a fighting chance to post a winning record the year we open the stadium (2011).

but that's assuming we hire a great coach who can turn this thing around quick. i'd like to see names of coaches you think could come here and do that. and then from that list those that would take the money we'd offer to come take this mess.

i think obviously everyone would like to bring in an unknown urban meyer-like guy to bring us success but who is that guy? could dodge be that guy? i don't think we know yet. he took us from not competitive to competitive. lets see if he can take us from competitive to winners.

but that's assuming we hire a great coach who can turn this thing around quick. i'd like to see names of coaches you think could come here and do that. and then from that list those that would take the money we'd offer to come take this mess.

i think obviously everyone would like to bring in an unknown urban meyer-like guy to bring us success but who is that guy? could dodge be that guy? i don't think we know yet. he took us from not competitive to competitive. lets see if he can take us from competitive to winners.

You are also assuming Dodge doesn't continue to tank. I don't think it is unrealistic for any coach to post a minimum 6 wins in one season in his fourth year. However, Dodge hasn't hit 6 total wins after three years. Given his past performance, my confidence level in such a dramatic improvement is not very high.

Edited by UNTFan23

Right 1999. On an earlier thread, Jones was deemed a know-nothing for advising NT to keep Dodge. I would argue the same could be said for Craig.

As could be said for many of us on this board, he said with a touch of irony.

I am looking forward to a prompt decision, and as has been said already, I can understand the outcome either way it goes. I am really interested in watching how TD has, and will, handle what has to be the greatest adversity he has faced, both professionally and personally. It must be a lonely place for this guy right now. I admire the guy for taking all this crap, and having the desire to dive in ever deeper.

Admiringly,

GMG

A 50% chance that we fire the last of the high school guys?? So Ford would be out as OC. What "experienced" offensive coordinator would want to come in here at this point?? It'd have to be a personal friend of Dodge or someone promised the HC job later on, I'd think. This situation is pretty bleak, and taking away the last bit of control Dodge has would basically be publicly castrating him. That option, to me, smells an awful lot like the terrible situation going on with the Washington Redskins this year....

who knows?....it just seems that too much time has passed and the damage is done. At this point, I can't fathom Dodge being back next year.

Edited by TIgreen01

One thing I am thinking, the longer it takes for RV to come out with news, the more I'm thinking the news wont bode well for Dodge.

Actually, I think the longer it takes, the better it is for Dodge. The position has to stay open for 30 days, so the longer there is no announcement, the longer we go without being able to hire a new coach and the more likely we will just have to stick with what we have.

Actually, I think the longer it takes, the better it is for Dodge. The position has to stay open for 30 days, so the longer there is no announcement, the longer we go without being able to hire a new coach and the more likely we will just have to stick with what we have.

Agree. If you bring him back for a fourth year, just go ahead and do it for a 5th year too.