Our Stable Of Rbs

Mean Green 93-98

I was going to respond to this in another thread, but realized it was getting pretty off topic from the original thread:

Loved it when he put Moseley in for the short yardage gain. I reaaly feel he is under utilized.

In all fairness, what are we supposed to do when we are 5 deep at the RB position? Lance and Cam are clearly #1 and 2. James Hamilton is a beast--I would love to find more ways to get him the ball. I was glad to see him running plays out of the "St. James" formation. Micah and Jeremi Mathis are both solid, and would probably start for several Belt teams. It does seem like this great strength is being underutilized. But how do we take advantage of our depth at RB--put in a T-formation package?! Thoughts?

I was going to respond to this in another thread, but realized it was getting pretty off topic from the original thread:

In all fairness, what are we supposed to do when we are 5 deep at the RB position? Lance and Cam are clearly #1 and 2. James Hamilton is a beast--I would love to find more ways to get him the ball. I was glad to see him running plays out of the "St. James" formation. Micah and Jeremi Mathis are both solid, and would probably start for several Belt teams. It does seem like this great strength is being underutilized. But how do we take advantage of our depth at RB--put in a T-formation package?! Thoughts?

Yeah, it is kind of strange considering that we are supposed to be an "air it out" passing team. I feel for the guys who aren't getting the touches, but I guess we didn't know for sure what we had in Dunbar before the season started. If we did, it would have been nice if we had found out if Cam and Micah know how to tackle and given 'em a shot at outside LB. Hell, if we look as bad defensively this week as we have lately, give 'em a late season crash course and see what they can do. I know they're tough enough and I hate to see them on the pine.

Thanks for the info...good to hear...RB is one position that I think everyone can agree that UNT is pretty well set! UNT=RB U....who would have thought under a TD offense! Just goes to show, things do change from time to time...but, it's not like UNT is going to be a 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense. At least i hope not...I think Lance could have another 100+ day this Saturday. The O-Line is opening some nice running lanes for him and the other RB's. Of course, the UL-Monroe defensive front has been pretty good of late and could well have something to say about it before the day is done. But, I'm thinking lance goes for 100+...not the 200+ he has been gaining.

GO MEAN GREEN!

In fear of being Quonered again....Fresno has had the same "problem" in the past few years with 3 extremely good RBs. This year one RB (Ryan Mathews) took charge and really distanced himself from the rest and currently leads FBS in rushing yards. I'm under the "if it aint broke, don't fix it" train of thought. I'm all for giving the ball almost exclusively to Dunbar until an opponent shuts him down or he wears out, something we haven't seen over the past few weeks when he gets most of the touches.

Thanks for the info...good to hear...RB is one position that I think everyone can agree that UNT is pretty well set! UNT=RB U....who would have thought under a TD offense! Just goes to show, things do change from time to time...but, it's not like UNT is going to be a 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense. At least i hope not...I think Lance could have another 100+ day this Saturday. The O-Line is opening some nice running lanes for him and the other RB's. Of course, the UL-Monroe defensive front has been pretty good of late and could well have something to say about it before the day is done. But, I'm thinking lance goes for 100+...not the 200+ he has been gaining.

GO MEAN GREEN!

What's changed? Having good RBs is the only constant thing about our program for the last decade.

Catching up on some of these threads, this RB topic hit home with me. With the way Dunbar is gobbling up yardage (prior to the ULL game), and our old #1 RB Cam finally receiving some playing time, why not utilize someone like Micah Mosley at another needed position? Think about it, Mosley is a "tough as nails" kid that will do anything for the team. He's a player that likes to hit, as evidenced by his great special teams play. Why not move Micah to linebacker? He's got the size, the desire, and the speed to be a real force the remainder of the year and next year. Plus, I hate to see him being underutilized. Micah needs to be on the field more, if not at running back, then linebacker.

Good idea? Bad idea? Give me some feedback people! This team needs playmakers on the field!

Catching up on some of these threads, this RB topic hit home with me. With the way Dunbar is gobbling up yardage (prior to the ULL game), and our old #1 RB Cam finally receiving some playing time, why not utilize someone like Micah Mosley at another needed position? Think about it, Mosley is a "tough as nails" kid that will do anything for the team. He's a player that likes to hit, as evidenced by his great special teams play. Why not move Micah to linebacker? He's got the size, the desire, and the speed to be a real force the remainder of the year and next year. Plus, I hate to see him being underutilized. Micah needs to be on the field more, if not at running back, then linebacker.

Good idea? Bad idea? Give me some feedback people! This team needs playmakers on the field!

Bad idea...Micah weighs in at what 200lbs?

Micah played LB in high school. If he doesn't have a real shot at seeing more than 2 plays per game at RB, why not give him a shot there?

He'd make a great H-back in a spread offense like Tulsa's. They currently have Charles Clay doing that. He's listed as a fullback and, at times, will line up like a true fullback. But, most other times, he's out just behind the line off the the left or right, two or three yeards back from where a tight end would be. From there he blocks or runs middle routes. Against us, he ran for a touchdown and caught another one last year.

Although he's listed as a fullback (and he's a big 6-3/230), he had over 1,000 receiving out of the H-back spot in 2007. It's a wrinkle I wish we had for two reason: (1) to get Micah onto the field, and (2) to get some sort of consistent, credible threat over the middle.

Alas...it's a fullback/tight end hybrid position, so I doubt we'll ever see it here.

Mosley will be moved to TE and H back in the spring with Dodge's offense continuing to find its way. Mosley will never see any playing time at RB again.

Nah. Micah's a player, a contributor who doesn't mind laying the leather. I think moving him to the LB position would help the defense emmensely. TE or H back would be a waste in Dodge's offense. Other than blocking, when was the last time we threw to a tight end? We need defensive players.

Bad idea...Micah weighs in at what 200lbs?
I'm not going to say much here except I wouldn't let weight be an issue for your reason to not play LB at North Texas after all: 227 lbs not 200......

Outside Linebacker

#37 Kylie Hill - 190 lbs.

#45 Jeremy Phillips - 198 lbs.

Middle Linebacker

#31 A.J. Penson - 225 lbs.

#53 Daniel Prior - 215 lbs.

Outside Linebacker

#42 Craig Robertson - 221 lbs.

#54 Robbie Deheck - 231 lbs.

Edited by James Mosley

Micah Mosely should play wherever he wants to play on this team. The kid is a "gamer" and he can bring the "pain". I love to watch Micah play, and I'm sorry I haven't gotten to see enough of him this year as the team seems loaded with RB's. The team needs Micah on the field as often as they can get him there...in whatever position he wants to play. If it be LB, great...TE great (if you will throw to him every once in awhile). Just get this kid on the field for the Mean Green!!!

Considering he had (has) a concussion, I am not sure he is playing anywhere right now.

I know I'm jumping the gun, but have you thought up an avatar for the Army game?

Seems like you may have a fine string to have to tight-rope for that one...

Nothing at all wrong with showing our fine soldiers...lots of respectful ways to do that, and veterans, you know those who have actually served, are usually the last ones to cry foul or take the PC road. Every vet I know well, enjoys a good laugh and know how to have a good time. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it...use the Tank Army graphic if you wish...no problem there, but, hey, be creative....

Nothing at all wrong with showing our fine soldiers...lots of respectful ways to do that, and veterans, you know those who have actually served, are usually the last ones to cry foul or take the PC road. Every vet I know well, enjoys a good laugh and know how to have a good time. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it...use the Tank Army graphic if you wish...no problem there, but, hey, be creative....

KRAM...I don't believe there is a way to search the archives for previous avatars...but if you take a look at his current avatar you will notice what I'm going to assume is a Panther...one of a certain golden hue.

Its dead.

Very dead.

He's not really been into "honoring" those appearing on the weekly avatar rotator. Thus my concern.

KRAM...I don't believe there is a way to search the archives for previous avatars...but if you take a look at his current avatar you will notice what I'm going to assume is a Panther...one of a certain golden hue.

Its dead.

Very dead.

He's not really been into "honoring" those appearing on the weekly avatar rotator. Thus my concern.

Got it. Understand. He's creative enough to find a "good way" to do this one...What would a game week be without a avatar???? I think he can/will find a way...Current members of the armed forces and veterans alike know how to have a good time...sometimes even at their own expense...so, just make it funny...