Defense?

Green Crazy

On a bright note - what a nice change to see Riley play mistake free ball - the entire team played much more disciplined than in previous games. NO TURNOVERS!!!

Way to go GREEN!

GMG!!!!!

This is what we will see more of from Riley as he gets more experience at this level...even with WKU being bad, those are awesome numbers regardless of the defense he is playing against.

WKU never punted.

Good point, but there were times when the D didn't give them the opportunity to punt . . . forced two turnovers, a safety, WKY turned over on downs in their own territory w/ something like 9:00 still left to play.

As frustrated as I was with the D in the 1st half, they eventually turned it on in the 2nd half. As much as I would like a defense to play both halves, if you're just going to play one--make it the 2nd.

Good point, but there were times when the D didn't give them the opportunity to punt . . . forced two turnovers, a safety, WKY turned over on downs in their own territory w/ something like 9:00 still left to play.

As frustrated as I was with the D in the 1st half, they eventually turned it on in the 2nd half. As much as I would like a defense to play both halves, if you're just going to play one--make it the 2nd.

Amen, I think Gary Deloach on the side line fired them up a bit.

Edited by KingDL1

Amen, I think Gary Deloach on the side line fired htem up a bit.

I noticed Deloach screaming his ass off early in the 2nd quarter(hard not to notice with the alumni understandably silent.) The D continued to leak like a sieve for the better part of 2 quarters after his arrival. I'm glad he was down there chewing their ass because they deserved it.... but lets not act like he rallied the troops with his prescience. If anything I'd say Tobe did more to fire up the guys than anyone.

I noticed Deloach screaming his ass off early in the 2nd quarter(hard not to notice with the alumni understandably silent.) The D continued to leak like a sieve for the better part of 2 quarters after his arrival. I'm glad he was down there chewing their ass because they deserved it.... but lets not act like he rallied the troops with his prescience. If anything I'd say Tobe did more to fire up the guys than anyone.

I couldn't understand his words, but I could hear his voice up on row 18. seat 30. I pointed out to a friend Coach Deloach was explaining what he wanting in terms everyone could understand.

I couldn't understand his words, but I could hear his voice up on row 18. seat 30. I pointed out to a friend Coach Deloach was explaining what he wanting in terms everyone could understand.

It was like, sometime in the fourth quarter, the D started drinking that genius juice (referencing T Bone Burnett song, "Zombieland"-appropriate for Halloween). See lyrics in link:

Zombieland lyrics

Great to see my first win in person since SMU in 2006. Congrats to the team, I know that they have been frustrated andI hope this gets their heads up.

That said. this is a terrible defensive team. Just plain terrible, and getting worse week by week. We won't see another defense that is worse than ours (as was WKU's) the rest of the year. Don't think that we will simply outscore anyone else this year, because that ain't gonna happen. I think we have reached our win total for the year.

Special teams are still a crapshoot.

Let's all remember that this oppoenent was playing their 2nd year(?) as a D1A program and is by far the worst college team in the nation.

And we had to play deep into the 4th quarter to assure victory against this awful team... AGAIN.

While we will surely take any victory, this one is bitter sweet.

By the way, SMU beat Tulsa and has a shot to be bowl eligible...

I don't care what SMU does - gosh bless them if they finally get to a bowl after what those people have been through.

This is what I have been waiting for - a team that sees some belief. The key is to build upon it and begin to win the close ones. We have kept all of our games close except Troy so learn how to win and win again and again and again.

We have an offensive team who has come along nicely and we need our defense to develop quickly to win more games this year. Last year we couldn't score. This year our D has a lot of leaks. Maybe next year we put it all together and stop people and score. I see our "Texas Tech" system emerging but we need to win at least 1 more game this year. I shutter to think of how good we would feel if we beat Army and FIU! ULM will be tough but we need 1 more win.

Keep the streak alive - Sep Win, Oct Win, Nov Win?

GMG

I hope that prescience was the word you were looking for. It's obvious there was none of that on the sideline, otherwise he'd be able to do a hell of a lot better than just rallying troops. Deloach would be new football jebus, and I would have to start going to his church. And - WKY would have been shut out along with Alabama and every other school on our schedule.

I don't care what SMU does - gosh bless them if they finally get to a bowl after what those people have been through.

This is what I have been waiting for - a team that sees some belief. The key is to build upon it and begin to win the close ones. We have kept all of our games close except Troy so learn how to win and win again and again and again.

We have an offensive team who has come along nicely and we need our defense to develop quickly to win more games this year. Last year we couldn't score. This year our D has a lot of leaks. Maybe next year we put it all together and stop people and score. I see our "Texas Tech" system emerging but we need to win at least 1 more game this year. I shutter to think of how good we would feel if we beat Army and FIU! ULM will be tough but we need 1 more win.

Keep the streak alive - Sep Win, Oct Win, Nov Win?

GMG

You should because we directly compete with them for recruits, publicity, and conference affiliation. Just checked out the chl 8 morning news. Highlights from the TCU game, and SMU game. North Texas? Not mentioned.

The defense has been regressing, not developing. They would have to take some huge steps to just get back to where they were in the Ohio game.

Edited by UNT90

2nd half and DeLoach is out of the press box and on the sidelines. I'm sure this will fix every problem we've had.

seems to have worked somewhat, maybe he should be on the sidelines every game from the beginning. How about we revive the "Green Team" and do away with any set starters. If you don't want to give 100% every single play, stand on the sidelines and watch.