Tonight's Crowd

SUMG

It almost never fails......a big crowd, and not only do we lose......we bore them to death. The first half was a snooze fest (other than Lance's run).

Anyway, I'll be back for all the games ......but it's getting harder and harder to try to bring friends/neighbors and turn them on to NT football.

It almost never fails......a big crowd, and not only do we lose......we bore them to death. The first half was a snooze fest (other than Lance's run).

Anyway, I'll be back for all the games ......but it's getting harder and harder to try to bring friends/neighbors and turn them on to NT football.

Ditto. Brought 2 newbies for today's action , they were both ready to leave at the half.. can't blame them

Ditto. Brought 2 newbies for today's action , they were both ready to leave at the half.. can't blame them

Last time I brought two to the UNT game was Tulsa, where we were humiliated....have not been to Fouts since then....will not be going back to Fouts....ever and will not be bringing guest to game ever again until there is a new stadium and things change.

Your situation is probably a common one on here. I got some guys back that haven't been in a while. They left at the half. Why did they come? Because they saw the Ball St. and Ohio games on TV. A win and a good game. I wonder how many others in that 22,000+ were there because we've won a game and been compeititve in another?

22,000+ for a sunbelt opponent.

People want to see wins............or at least good football........regardless of who we're playing.

Last time I brought two to the UNT game was Tulsa, where we were humiliated....have not been to Fouts since then....will not be going back to Fouts....ever and will not be bringing guest to game ever again until there is a new stadium and things change.

1st time I ever brought someone to a UNT game was that one vs Tulsa.

Same here dude. Last night I brought guests(Aggie grad) to the game. While walking to our seats we got to shake hands with Mean Joe who sat behind us. After the dissapointment settled in towards the end of the game it felt good when I turned to my guest and his son and said "Well, give North Texas two things: outside of the waterless urinals, how cool is it to meet one of the all time NFL greats face to face?".

See everyone in three weeks.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Same here dude. Last night I brought guests(Aggie grad) to the game. While walking to our seats we got to shake hands with Mean Joe who sat behind us. After the dissapointment settled in towards the end of the game it felt good when I turned to my guest and his son and said "Well, give North Texas two things: outside of the waterless urinals, how cool is it to meet one of the all time NFL greats face to face?".

See everyone in three weeks.

Rick

I met Joe and Agnes as they were leaving at halftime and introdued Andy Blount to them. What an embarrassment this whole fiasco must have been to our lettermen who come from teams that would never have stood for such putrid mediocrity.

What worries me is the student turnout. It was great yesterday, and then we give them a first half of completely crap football. I hope they come back for homecoming.

That said, a 1-2 UNT team drew 22,000 for a conference opponent. Think what the attendance would be if we could establish a winning program. This is why I really wish the new stadium was more than 30,000 seats. Vision, people!

i think it's time to stop stressing out over "will the fans come back". year after year, the students turn out impressively at the beginning of the year. yes, it drops off dramatically at the end of the year but they will return when the team starts winning consistently.

hoops attendance is the greater concern because we've had good teams in recent years but few students even know that.

Guest JohnDenver

One other observation about the crowd.

I don't know if I've ever seen the alumni side so dead.

.....and that's saying something....

The alumni side is aging. I am starting to get gray hairs.

I would not worry about our crowd totals. I believe they will continually rise. The area is only growing with a larger fan base to draw from. I agree winning will only help the totals. I also agree the vision should have been for a 40 plus attendance on the new stadium. Hopefully we will sell out the new venue fast and start adding on quickly. How awesome would that be.

GMG

Guest GrayEagleOne

I hope that most of you live long enough to have knee problems. Sometimes it's tough just getting there and measure the times that we jump up and down. First, you need something to stand for. After the first fumbled snap and the blocked field goal there was only the Dunbar run to give us any reason to stand or yell.

What was there to yell about in the second quarter? SUMG came down at sat with us for awhile and our conversation was more stimulating than the game. One thing that never seems to fail...good crowd = poor performance. The only wins for crowds over 20,000 have been Baylor, SMU and McNeese State. Texas Stadium crowds endured an even poorer record.

When you're old and it's an effort just getting to the stadium. To come to boring, uninspired football makes you wonder if it's worth the effort. Most of the empty seats that you see in D,E,and F have been sold but I dare say that most just pay their money and listen to the game. The pearl is not worth the dive. When competitive football returns, I'm betting they will. They may do their yelling from a sitting position but they'll be there. Don't knock the old alumni that we've managed to keep. They are still rabid Mean Green fans.

One other observation about the crowd.

I don't know if I've ever seen the alumni side so dead.

.....and that's saying something....

We didn't buy season tix this year but we went ahead and paid for the alumni side tix for this game because we were excited.

We were in section A. Holy cow, i seriously think that my husband and I were the ONLY ones that would stand and yell when UNT did something good.

There was a gentleman sitting in front of us who was a DAD of one of the redshirt freshman....number 79 I think. Anyways, he didn't even stand. I was really surprised by that.

It was sooo boring. I think for the rest of the season we are going to buy tickets on the student side and next year maybe we will get season tix again.....in a livelier section.

The only wins for crowds over 20,000 have been Baylor, SMU and McNeese State. Texas Stadium crowds endured an even poorer record.

The New Mexico State game in 2002 that clinched us a berth into the New Orleans Bowl game (that we won against Cincy) had more than 20,000.