As Of This Moment, One Week Away From Game Day...

eulessismore

Honestly, I feel different, and better, than approaching the games with Oklahoma and Kansas State for the previous two years. For those two, my gut told me we were going to be outmanned and outcoached. Now, I feel like we have a D-Line and an O-Line that can play with the big boys. I think that can make a lot of difference. I at least have hope that we can pressure the opposing quarterback this time around.

I am excited about the game. Seems winnable and over the pylon even gave is reason to not like them a little! My 24th birthday is gameday so whatever the outcome is I won't feel that bad cuz I'll be with my friends partying.

Until the next day that is.

Edited by aztecskin

Honestly, I feel different, and better, than approaching the games with Oklahoma and Kansas State for the previous two years. For those two, my gut told me we were going to be outmanned and outcoached. Now, I feel like we have a D-Line and an O-Line that can play with the big boys. I think that can make a lot of difference. I at least have hope that we can pressure the opposing quarterback this time around.

Excited, scared, worried, hopeful, nervous, and concerned.

I hope we lose the coin toss and have to kick off. I think that first play will speak volumes about the direction that this team is heading.

Easy with the D-line praise. Horrible last year and no proven starters this year. Let's just wait and see, shall we?

Excited, scared, worried, hopeful, nervous, and concerned.

I hope we lose the coin toss and have to kick off. I think that first play will speak volumes about the direction that this team is heading.

Easy with the D-line praise. Horrible last year and no proven starters this year. Let's just wait and see, shall we?

I am the exact opposite. I want to get the kick off so we can see what this offense will look like against another teams defense. To me this season comes down a lot to the offense. We know the defense will be somewhat better so I want to see what kind of offense we will have.

I am the exact opposite. I want to get the kick off so we can see what this offense will look like against another teams defense. To me this season comes down a lot to the offense. We know the defense will be somewhat better so I want to see what kind of offense we will have.

No, I was speaking of the kick off, not the defense. The very first play, if it is us kicking off, will show how far this team has come. If special teams aren't fixed, nothing else will be, either.

happy knowing that something has to change this year, one way or the other.

Don't be so sure about that--two years of buyout isn't cheap, especially when you have to hire someone else, too. Remember that having to pay off Dickey made us have to find a low-cost alternative. I think the same scenario would be at play if Dodge was to be fired after only his third season.

I am looking forward to the season starting. But I remember how excited I was looking forward to the 2007 season, and how sick I felt after that first game. Not quite as bad last year; but still, it is a feeling I do not want to have in 2009.

Right now, I am optimistic. We should be improved in pretty much all areas, with a question mark at WR and special teams. The DBs should be better this year, hopefully a lot better. The OL and DL should keep us from getting manhandled the way we have the last two years.

Cautious, guarded optimism describes my feelings about the season.

Cautiosly Optimistic pretty much sums it up.

From the scrimmage, it looks like we're a larger more physical team, but as has been pointed out, Ball State will be a fairly good barometer of our teams current position...

But either way, can't wait for the first tailgate at Fouts....Only 12-18 more home games left in Fouts correct?

Edited by FloMoGrad

I'm a little bit apprehensive, anxious and excited. My nuts are on the line as I am hosting a game-watching party including some Longwhorn sympathizers for whom I have also bought tickets to the Army game. This is my attempt at converting souls! If we stink it up, I will never hear the end of it.

Ball State is a good test of how far the defense has come. It is not a disaster if we lose, but it wont help much if we get blown out.... again. We need positive signs that the "new and improved Titanic" wont sink. We've seen enough bad football to have paid our dues, plus interest. I want to see Riley be Riley, and this offense control the clock a little. The defense needs play-makers on the line. I'm not sure Gilmore at DT is a good example of the changes we need? I'm hoping there are reasons for some of those things.

I feel like we are a 3-9 team... I hope for better.

GMG!!!

I'm a little bit apprehensive, anxious and excited. My nuts are on the line as I am hosting a game-watching party including some Longwhorn sympathizers for whom I have also bought tickets to the Army game. This is my attempt at converting souls! If we stink it up, I will never hear the end of it.

Good luck on that! The last time I was able to convince non-UNT loyalists to attend a game was the Tuesday night Troy game back in '05. The low-scoring (13-10 loss) and relative uncomfortableness of the Fouts field bleachers left them vowing to never again attend another North Texas football game.

Im just glad all the sports writers will have something to talk about now. It gets old over analyzing every team. 5 of the top 10 teams will be out be week 3. As far as UNT goes, I hope we come together like Dodge says we have. I hope this year are season is not over by the end week one. so Nervous yes, but excited about the possibility of UNT turning heads :YOU BET!

Don't be so sure about that--two years of buyout isn't cheap, especially when you have to hire someone else, too. Remember that having to pay off Dickey made us have to find a low-cost alternative. I think the same scenario would be at play if Dodge was to be fired after only his third season.

these buyouts are so much BS....I say if you are a failure....fire you and make you take it to court....you failed to perform your job. Anyway, you can't afford to keep a failure around another year or two...just can't.