Sykes Dismissed From The Team

NT03

Just saw this on the athletic website:

Link to article.

Sykes Dismissed From The Team

By Steven Bartolotta, August 12, 2009, 11:48 p.m.

North Texas head coach Todd Dodge has dismissed junior linebacker Marquis Sykes from the team. Sykes, who signed with the Mean Green in 2006, redshirted his first season and earned two letters in 2007 and 2008. He played in three games in 2007 and eight games in 2008.

I hope this wasn't just a case of mouthing off in the heat of a scrimmage. When it is so damned hot, tempers flare and people say things they don't really mean. If he really earned dismissal...well, thanks for your prior service and adios.

I hope this wasn't just a case of mouthing off in the heat of a scrimmage. When it is so damned hot, tempers flare and people say things they don't really mean. If he really earned dismissal...well, thanks for your prior service and adios.

If it is just a "mouth off" situation in the heat of battle, we'll probably see him back on the team before the first game...if it is something more serious well...yes, adios and thanks for the time you gave, but no place on this team for you...I hope it is the former and we see him back after a "time of penance".

GO MEAN GREEN!

From today's Green Gang blog:

4:20

[Comment From McKinney ]Any news on why Sykes was dismissed?

4:20

Steven B: nothing really, we are privy to alot of inside info but not on this one....The only thing I can tell you is that Coach Dodge and Sykes didn't see eye-to-eye on some things.

Sorry I didn't restructure that into haiku.

What haiku again

Can you people be more gay

Did Coach Dodge say why

Edited by Green Gas