Should The Gomeangreen Non Unt Sports Forum Be Reopened?

Harry

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we voting for a non-political version? I voted yes, but it would be nice to have the no-politics caveat.

Couldn't one of the few whining about the lack of a political forum get the cheapest, non-moderated site possible and take that part of the discussion there? I'm really sick of folks refusing to take responsibility and do something to fix their own problems.

Agreed...we need a place to talk Rangers (b/c baseball is a talking sport) and how they might handle Chone Figgins in their next series with Anahiem...and if the "political discussion" were actually political discussion I'd say bring it back as well, but even after Harry layed down a clear mandate as to his wishes there were those unable to follow the rules. I'm willing to assume they were just confused, so to avoid further "misunderstandings" all politics ought be baned.

And to prove I'm being fair, also ban all Cal State Fullerton discussion as well.

Edited by Censored by Laurie

Lots of people are missing this board so I decided to put it to you the fans to decide whether or not it should come back.

Yes, I enjoyed all of it. But I did not take any aggravation any further then the Non-UNT Sports Forum. I see us as a huge Mean Green Family, bicker and fuss at times but still a family. And that was true beyond politics, people need to handle it themselves with some maturity, aggravation can happen over Coaches, players, and just about any subject people can feel passionate about.

Non-UNT Sports was always interesting to see opinions well informed or misinformed. I do think it is a real reflection of the times. I learned a great deal from it, and really we none of us were forced to participate in any of the conversations or threads that pressed politics or whatever else.

I look at it like my ice hockey games, if you we bump or slash during the game it is fine, but after the game is over we shake hands and leave all anger and everything else on the ice behind us. A small few would take it past the ice when they first start but they learn to let it go and enjoy the game with time. Everyone Drinks up in the bar after the game friends again.

Edited by KingDL1

I am totally cool. But please make it easier for me to spell check since that is the best conservatives can come up with to argue against logic. Also, Harry, if you could add a sentence fragment fixer button as well.

I am sorry for calling FFR a leach off the goverment. :)

maybe just open a political forum board.....

I am totally cool. But please make it easier for me to spell check since that is the best conservatives can come up with to argue against logic. Also, Harry, if you could add a sentence fragment fixer button as well.

I am sorry for calling FFR a leach off the goverment. :)

maybe just open a political forum board.....

I'm not conservative, I just think you no write good.

My vote would be to reopen nonUNT sports, and limit that forum to just that. Create another forum for BS. "The Rock Bottom Lounge" or something similar, where pissing matches could occur and be moderated.

EDIT: Maybe "Rock Bottom Lounge" isn't the greatest name. You get the idea, though.

Edited by LongJim

My vote would be to reopen nonUNT sports, and limit that forum to just that. Create another forum for BS. "The Rock Bottom Lounge" or something similar, where pissing matches could occur and be moderated.

EDIT: Maybe "Rock Bottom Lounge" isn't the greatest name. You get the idea, though.

...and the moderator would probably be wearing a rain coat and rubber gloves.

I totally agree with something like this... ...and then limit the access to those who want it. If you ask to come in here, don't get angry when someone hits a topic you don't like. :)

YES reopen it!

I like the idea of having a BS forum too.

and I want one for Taco Bueno. Because they have great Tacos, burritos and frozen lemonades.

I prefer Taco Bell. ...but Taco Bueno is also very good. In fact... BAD mexican food it better than GOOD most other types of food. Just sayin'.

...oh, and the football team will go .500 this year. (...just trying to make my post football related to keep John Denver off my back! :) )

If we're talking about a return to the political stuff that started popping up when the rules changed shortly before the election... NO. Leave it dead, burn it, bury the ashes, and piss on the mound of dirt covering them. This place is a forum for the Mean Green community, and nothing tears down community like political bickering. Besides, the governance of our nation is not a Sport, and shouldn't be treated as a side-taking, team-cheering topic.

But if we're talking about a general discussion forum for other sports, TV, and low-key topics that don't damage the camaraderie of this collection of fans, then I'm all for it. Just lay out the rules clearly and moderate with an iron fist.

Interesting. Does Taco Cabana qualify as "quick serve Mexican"?

Not in my book.

Taco John's is another very underrated quick serve Mexican chain.

Maybe we should move this sub-discussion to the Mexico City soccer thread?

Edited by Green P1

Guest JohnDenver

160px-Mayo_Logo.PNG

Taco Mayo trumps the other two quick serve Mexican joints.

Being that I love two streets from a Taco Mayo, I can intimately say that it is teh sucks. However, I do rank it over the bell.

And being from Denver originally, I am also familiar with Taco John (home of "west mex"). They server TATTER TOTS(!!!) with they food instead of chips. That does not qualify as quick mexican food. Just saying.

Being that I love two streets from a Taco Mayo, I can intimately say that it is teh sucks. However, I do rank it over the bell.

And being from Denver originally, I am also familiar with Taco John (home of "west mex"). They server TATTER TOTS(!!!) with they food instead of chips. That does not qualify as quick mexican food. Just saying.

A Taco Mayo opened in my home town when I was in middle school. It does not suck. You call them tator tots but John's calls them Potato Olés (Taco Mayo calls them Potato Loco's.) It should be noted that fried potatoes are not a rarity in authentic Mexican cuisine.