MTSU

Notre Dame

OU

SMU

Texas

Texas A&M

Texas Tech

WKU

Another Sun Belt School ( Troy, Ark St , WKU etc )

A Florida School ( Gators,FSU,Miami,FIU,FAU,etc)

Another TX school ( tcu,houston,utep,etc)

Other

Poll Time. The stadium talk now how it's own forum so this one might be dead for awhile

Edited by NT03

Cal State Fullerton and Stanfurd. Fullerton is our cross-town rival and the only school that fills our basketball arena and baseball stadium to capacity. Many heated on court melees have taken place. As a child of Northern California, you gotta pick Cal or Stanfurd. I always liked the public schools better, and since Irvine is part of the UC system, it made it really easy to choose.

I checked OU. Simply for the fact they would be nothing without Texas Players. And OU brain washes the fans. I was at an OU game, I gentleman from Irving told me people from Texas are stupid. I guess that since he goes for OU he is no longer a native Texan?

Of the list selected, I hate UT.

Those that went to UT think that there is nothing in this world that is better than the University and Austin. The non-attendees have the nerve to say that anything non-UT is an inferior product.

Of Southland foes-

Either Sam Houston or UTSA.

Lonestar Conference -

Central Oklahoma. They have hit a 3 pointer in the waning seconds of our last 3 games. (2008 conference tourney final, 2008 Sweet 16 game, and 2009 conference tourney)

Edited by Chrisattsu

I checked OU. Simply for the fact they would be nothing without Texas Players. And OU brain washes the fans. I was at an OU game, I gentleman from Irving told me people from Texas are stupid. I guess that since he goes for OU he is no longer a native Texan?

Hmmm. Even though four of their five Heisman Trophy winners were from Oklahoma? Even though each of their seven national titles was won with a non-Texas QB at the helm?

I guess we shouldn't be happy about the success of Patrick Cobbs since he was from Oklahoma, not Texas.

But, here we go down the pathway of recruiting stupidity again:

(1) There is an 85 scholarship limit. So only so many can go to Texas, A&M or any other FBS Texas school.

(2) Many people in Texas aren't from Texas, so their loyalties aren't default for the Texas schools.

(3) Because many of the FBS schools in Texas aren't traditionally powerful or competitive, no athlete in their right mind would simply go to one just to stay in Texas if he or she has an offer from a better out of state school. Check out the RB and WR brothers that star for Oregon State but are from the Houston area. Do you really think they should have gone to, say, UTEP or Houston when they had offers on the table from a BCS school? Ridiculous.

The whole "but they recruit in Texas" thing is just the mentality of jealous fans of Texas schools who, for one reason or another, aren't as successful on the gridirion. These small minded people whine about the LSUs and OUs of the world for cherry-picking the state. Get over it.

As long ago as the 1990 census, almost half of the population of the city of Plano was comprised of folks not born in Texas. You think they give a flip about the Texas football schools? Doubtful.

In the ensuing two decades, it's likely that 60-65% of suburbs such as Plano are comprised of folks not born in Texas. Their loyalties will likely lie in whatever school they attended back home. They come here for the favorable business and political climate. Football is an afterthought.

The whole conversation is Exhibit I-A for why it's stupid for any coach anywhere to come in and declare, "I'm drawing a circle around this region and we're going to own it!" A coaching staff with brains in their heads go after players who can help them no matter where they live - Shelton Gandy in Mississippi and Louisiana anyone?

Why didn't Shelton Gandy go out and sign WRs and OLs from Texas JUCOs instead of Louisiana JUCOs? Doesn't Shelton understand that he coaches a school in the state of Texas? Thankfully, Shelton Gandy has a brain in his head and understands you go get the best you can wherever they are.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Hmmm. Even though four of their five Heisman Trophy winners were from Oklahoma? Even though each of their seven national titles was won with a non-Texas QB at the helm?

I guess we shouldn't be happy about the success of Patrick Cobbs since he was from Oklahoma, not Texas.

But, here we go down the pathway of recruiting stupidity again:

(1) There is an 85 scholarship limit. So only so many can go to Texas, A&M or any other FBS Texas school.

(2) Many people in Texas aren't from Texas, so their loyalties aren't default for the Texas schools.

(3) Because many of the FBS schools in Texas aren't traditionally powerful or competitive, no athlete in their right mind would simply go to one just to stay in Texas if he or she has an offer from a better out of state school. Check out the RB and WR brothers that star for Oregon State but are from the Houston area. Do you really think they should have gone to, say, UTEP or Houston when they had offers on the table from a BCS school? Ridiculous.

The whole "but they recruit in Texas" thing is just the mentality of jealous fans of Texas schools who, for one reason or another, aren't as successful on the gridirion. These small minded people whine about the LSUs and OUs of the world for cherry-picking the state. Get over it.

As long ago as the 1990 census, almost half of the population of the city of Plano was comprised of folks not born in Texas. You think they give a flip about the Texas football schools? Doubtful.

In the ensuing two decades, it's likely that 60-65% of suburbs such as Plano are comprised of folks not born in Texas. Their loyalties will likely lie in whatever school they attended back home. They come here for the favorable business and political climate. Football is an afterthought.

The whole conversation is Exhibit I-A for why it's stupid for any coach anywhere to come in and declare, "I'm drawing a circle around this region and we're going to own it!" A coaching staff with brains in their heads go after players who can help them no matter where they live - Shelton Gandy in Mississippi and Louisiana anyone?

Why didn't Shelton Gandy go out and sign WRs and OLs from Texas JUCOs instead of Louisiana JUCOs? Doesn't Shelton understand that he coaches a school in the state of Texas? Thankfully, Shelton Gandy has a brain in his head and understands you go get the best you can wherever they are.

Tulsa, for the reason above. What is the purpose of this response anyway? This thread is about why you dislike a school and you respond with a "lesson" in recruiting? OU's current roster has 33 Texans and only 25 players from Oklahoma. I think the point he is making is that their program would not be near as successful if it weren't for Texas kids, and to top it off, some moron from Irving is bad mouthing his own state.

Edited by UNTLifer

TCU...because even though they are very small (6,000-8,000 students), they think they are big time and won't play us.

I have to come to the defense of my second favorite school, #1 because my grandad is a TCU Alum, #2 because I grew up in the TCU area my entire childhood and was always a fan and #3 because my mother has worked there for 15 years.

No offense but they are kinda "big time" as far as football is concerned IMO and who says that they "won't" play us? Unfortunately the way UNT has played the past few years I wouldn't have wanted to play them anyways. They would have schooled us so much worse than SMU did last year. The last time we played they weren't as good as they are now and UNT was supposedly "good" and we still lost. :)

I don't know that there is any school I dislike most but I have to admit that UT, SMU and OU's student and alumni ego's are a little hard to overlook.

One place I worked was loaded with Ivy League graduates. They liked to prominently display their billboard sized diplomas in their offices and they would frequently "casually" drop the names of their alma maters in conversation. Every time one of them would do that, I'd say, "Huh. So you went to an Ivy League school, paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for the privilege, and here we are, you and me, working together in the same office with the same job. Interesting."