Key Stat George Mentioned

H-towngreen

During the LSU game George mentioned that there were only 2 starters on offense, and one a former walk-on, who TD turned into an all conference player.

And the same on D, only 2 senior starters.

This isn't meant as a dig on DD at all. But this goes to show what Todge had to work with when he got here. Once again this is not to start a DD bashing thread, although I'm sure it will. But more to show/talk about how young this team is, and how bright the future is.

BWAHAHAHA, I agree. When we got our new coach, I think there was a collective hurrah here. When they got their new OC, they had a collective gasp of exasperation.

and their vaunted offensive genius has still outscored us through 3 games....sigh.

and their vaunted offensive genius has still outscored us through 3 games....sigh.

LMAO man...have you seen who they've played? UNLV...really...unless Stacey Augman was playing corner we would murder UNLV. Oregon almost lost to Purdue...and then to lose by 48, at home, to a regional rival...I mean thats just embarassing.

Apologist

LMAO man...have you seen who they've played? UNLV...really...unless Stacey Augman was playing corner we would murder UNLV. Oregon almost lost to Purdue...and then to lose by 48, at home, to a regional rival...I mean thats just embarassing.

Apologist

Correction - it's bored antagonist.

On the plus side, they've led a game this year (against a ranked team none the less!), so that has to be nice.

I also love the sarcasm at the end. This is why our love works. viva la Tulsa!

Correction - it's bored antagonist.

On the plus side, they've led a game this year (against a ranked team none the less!), so that has to be nice.

I also love the sarcasm at the end. This is why our love works. viva la Tulsa!

Actually my proudest moment of the morning was working in a legit Stacey Augmon referrence.

It just takes time to turn these programs around...TD needs support and he needs time. In my opinion, he has both, but several folks need to see the positives that are happening and not always the negative. We all want to win NOW, but, unfortunately, that takes players we just don't have as yet. The guys we have are working hard and making progress and when they have some additional experience they might just be the guys we need. In the meantime, Coach Dodge will bring in new players and coaches to help take this program to the next level.

Things are looking better all the time, and I haven't even put on my "rose colored glasses" as yet!

GO MEAN GREEN!

During the LSU game George mentioned that there were only 2 starters on offense, and one a former walk-on, who TD turned into an all conference player.

This isn't meant as a dig on DD at all. But this goes to show what Todge had to work with when he got here. Once again this is not to start a DD bashing thread, although I'm sure it will. But more to show/talk about how young this team is, and how bright the future is.

How ironic is it that our top WR is a walk on from the old coaching crew, meanwhile we have recruited some 18 new WR since our walkon that were supposed to be really good. So good that it took Riley Dodge our future QB prospect some 5 weeks to move all the way up to playing time at that position.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

How ironic is it that our top WR is a walk on from the old coaching crew, meanwhile we have recruited some 18 new WR since our walkon that were supposed to be really good. So good that it took Riley Dodge our future QB prospect some 5 weeks to move all the way up to playing time at that position.

This is a very concerning, or at least questioning observation. Just like hiring employees, you win a few and miss a few in the interview process. But this is a little different. Whether its a talent, desire or injusry issue, it's still there.

Lott has been starting. And wasn't he a transfer and then a walk-on in the spring?

Walk-ons seem to be doing better than the high profile signees these days.

Apologist

Uh, UNLV is 2-1 and just beat number 15 Arizona State on Saturday. I don't think we want any part of them at this point.

UNC only has a total of 5 SR. on the roster and a coach starting his second year and beat the snot out of Rutgers maybe that is what a good coach can do

UNC only has a total of 5 SR. on the roster and a coach starting his second year and beat the snot out of Rutgers maybe that is what a good coach can do

UNC vs. UNT...not even close. It's apples to oranges.

You have an athletic program that is tops in the country in Basketball, tops in the country in Baseball, has the funding of a major BCS school, excellent facilities, etc.

You have another athletic program that is middle 1/3 in Basketball, doesn't have basbeall, and has the funding of a bottom tier Sun Belt school workable facilities, but certainly not excellent ones, etc.

UNC vs. UNT...not even close. It's apples to oranges.

You have an athletic program that is tops in the country in Basketball, tops in the country in Baseball, has the funding of a major BCS school, excellent facilities, etc.

You have another athletic program that is middle 1/3 in Basketball, doesn't have basbeall, and has the funding of a bottom tier Sun Belt school workable facilities, but certainly not excellent ones, etc.

Not to mention Butch Davis is a phenomenal coach and recruiter. Pretty much all of the success Miami had the Larry Coker years were really Davis' players. Anc yes once again you cannot compare UNC to UNT...that is just super silly.