My Apologies

Glad To Be Green

I want to apologize to everyone for the presentation of the video on the scoreboard on Saturday. We worked hard to make sure that we had a number of methods by which to present the stadium project throughout the day and if properly executed built upon each other. Unfortunately when it came time for the video two major areas which had been covered were not handled properly.

1. The announcement " ladies and gentlemen. we ask that you turn your attention to the scoreboard for a very special presentation" was not made and

2. The drumline which we knew was going to play to the Tulsa crowd moved on and then stopped and played to the student section. That stop was not in the script and because it was as the band was being reset in the stands the communication process was not reestablished.

I lost it as some of you may have witnessed because I knew we had missed a great opportunity. There is no excuse.

Look for the video at future games and on the website.

I want to apologize to everyone for the presentation of the video on the scoreboard on Saturday. We worked hard to make sure that we had a number of methods by which to present the stadium project throughout the day and if properly executed built upon each other. Unfortunately when it came time for the video two major areas which had been covered were not handled properly.

1. The announcement " ladies and gentlemen. we ask that you turn your attention to the scoreboard for a very special presentation" was not made and

2. The drumline which we knew was going to play to the Tulsa crowd moved on and then stopped and played to the student section. That stop was not in the script and because it was as the band was being reset in the stands the communication process was not reestablished.

I lost it as some of you may have witnessed because I knew we had missed a great opportunity. There is no excuse.

Look for the video at future games and on the website.

I want to mention that the band was not at fault because we should have made sure there was no crossover.

While the "first" opportunity may have been "missed" due to some "coordination" mix-ups, the fact that the "official" announcement was made is a very good thing. The "mock-up" in the tailgate area was great, the signs on the stadium walkways, etc. were fine and while the scoreboard video presentation did not come off as hoped for (I did notice the "strained" look, and definitely knew why) it is a very nice video and will be great to see it played at future games, etc., etc. The announcement is probably the first of many "announcements" as progress moves forward.

Sorry for the mix-up, but now "onward and upward" to getting that first spade of dirt turned. I, for one, appreciate the effort made to get the project to this point...let's go MEAN GREEN!

GO MEAN GREEN...BUY SEASON TICKETS....JOIN THE MEAN GREEN CLUB....BUY SEASON TICKETS...JOIN THE EXES/ALUMNI...AND...SHOW UP FOR THE GAMES!!!!

the video was more than halfway over by the time the drumline got in front of the student section. they should not have been playing at all. why do they play in front of the visiting team's fans anyway? when i get to rice the last thing i care about is a performance by their drumline.

i'm not trying to be negative because i'm very grateful for the green brigade, i'm just confused.

We always appreciate you stopping by our forum. I'm very sorry that your hard work to promote the stadium didn't pay off in this scenario. Another issue that you will have is that the audio is sometimes very difficult to hear at Fouts (aging sound system?), which I'm sure is one of the reasons for new stadium.

I don't think RV has ANYTHING to apologize for, other than bringing the program and facilities along lightyears from where it was when he got here. BAD RV!

...please note the sarcasm in my post.

I'm trying to picture the AD at Texas or A&M or even any of the other BCS or Mid Major schools coming on the fan board to directly address the Fanbase.

We have the best AD in the country, and he deserves our support and thanks!

Thank you, Rick!

I love the idea of you tube - get those future leaders juiced up about the project and future. I also think if there is any kind of "green" component (outside of the Mean Green of course) that can be highlighted or opened up for input, that speaks directly to this generation of decision makers. I work in Vegas and our latest project in MGM MIRAGE is City Center which is a super green conscious project. The building has a ton of natural lighting, the materials used inside the building are organic and recyable, the policies woven throughout every department are green conscious. Everything about the building is on green alert!

Imagine a student body that can have input and the opportunity to have one of the first super Mean Green stadium projects in the country erected in the heart of North Texas - is there any better marriage? The UNT student population meets Stadium designers meets Greenbacker loyalists!

GMG