Uta Coming To Denton

mgsteve

CSTV

ARLINGTON, Texas - - UT Arlington men's basketball coach Scott Cross says a 2008-09 non-conference schedule filled with trips all across the country will reveal quickly how tough his team is, and he's hoping it will teach the Mavericks how to win on the road.

UTA opens the season Nov. 15 at home against Hardin-Simmons in one of 13 non-conference games. Ten of those non-conference games will be on the road. Highlighting the non-conference slate is a game in Denton against North Texas where the Mavericks will try to make it four consecutive victories against the Mean Green.

I'll never forget that game in 2006, when the mavericks won on a non-shot as time ran out. No review, because we didn't have a replay monitor. <_<

But it inspired RV to get one, so that should count for something. Right?

I'll never forget that game in 2006, when the mavericks won on a non-shot as time ran out. No review, because we didn't have a replay monitor.

It should have never come to that. We should never have let them get back in that game. That's the game Kendrick Davis cut his hand or wrist severly hitting a glass windowed door in his frustration.

Beat the Mavericks in '08

GO MEAN GREEN

While UTA is no "powerhouse" UNT has had a bit of trouble beating them in recent years (when they got the opportunity to catually play each other). Could this be at least a start to some "local don't miss" games???? Wow, what a concept...play teams from the local area that will draw some interest and fans in the seats. This could be the start of a trend! Let's hope so. Did you attend the UNT-OSU game at The Pit to start off last year's season??? Great attendance...and an even nicer win for UNT! keep the "local" schools coming to The Pit and we'll see crowd sizes increase!

GO MEAN GREEN!

I would love to hijack a thread with you... Did you see the celtics run a train on the lakers like Kobe was a Colorado Hotel Employee?

For a known sodomite, Kobe sure has let a lot of team come from behind on him in big playoff games. First the Suns, then game 4 of this series... he needs to start focusing on what's in front of him more.

Wait, was I even invited to this party?

Hmmm...Dolma Dumplings? Feta Fried Rice? Ouzo Green Tea? Braised Cat Gyros?

I really need to stop posting when I'm hungry.

Angel Hair Burrito.

Alfredo Nachos.

Refried Lasagna.

Don't try to fight it. The fusion may be a joke, but the base concept is genius and you know it. It is your destiny. Join me, and together we can rule the galaxy as restaurateurs. And once the billions start rolling in, you can start your fajitas place.

Angel Hair Burrito.

Alfredo Nachos.

Refried Lasagna.

Don't try to fight it. The fusion may be a joke, but the base concept is genius and you know it. It is your destiny. Join me, and together we can rule the galaxy as restaurateurs. And once the billions start rolling in, you can start your fajitas place.

Its not gonna happen man...I seriously couldn't look at myself in the mirror.

Principles are more important than money.

Its not gonna happen man...I seriously couldn't look at myself in the mirror.

Principles are more important than money.

This motto here is why Jesse will never run the republican party*.... ZING

*** JOKING... not trying to start political talk that gets people burnt at the stake on this site!

Either the story on the UTA site is incorrect now, or it was incorrect last year when they reported UTA had won four in a row against UNT. If they were right last year, UTA will be going for five wins in a row this year. Whichever it is, at least North Texas is not afraid to play UTA, unlike SMU and TCU. Baylor will host us on December 20th. ;)

I wondered if anyone was going to catch that. UTA web site and NT media guide agree that UTA has a four-game winning streak.

Jan 6, 1996...UTA, 66-63 @ Super Pit

Feb 3, 1996...UTA, 70-67 @ Texas Hall

Nov 15, 2006...UTA, 83-81 @ Super Pit

Nov 21, 2007...UTA, 72-64 @ Texas Hall

I wondered if anyone was going to catch that. UTA web site and NT media guide agree that UTA has a four-game winning streak.

Jan 6, 1996...UTA, 66-63 @ Super Pit

Feb 3, 1996...UTA, 70-67 @ Texas Hall

Nov 15, 2006...UTA, 83-81 @ Super Pit

Nov 21, 2007...UTA, 72-64 @ Texas Hall

Not any blowouts here. Average 4 point margin, even counting last year's 8 point win. I'm hoping both programs will continue to improve. See ya in Denton!