1988 North Texas Vs. Texas Game Program

NT80

Thanks for the thread NT80. Last night I started have flashbacks and nightmares. ;)

And I have an occassional one, Phil, with UT All Amercian running back Earl Campbell (hammy' & all) running down the field for a late game TD when a pretty decent DKR-led Longhorn team barely beat a scrappy bunch from Denton back in 1976. Back then, we didn't know what the term "body bag games" mean't & I hope Coach Dodge & Staff will soon help us forget those 3 words forever (and many of us think they will do just that).

In light of our pretty decent recruiting class happening now, can one only imagine if Coach Dodge & Staff would have had more than just 17 days last year to recruit and what they could have done then? All in good time, I know.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

That's a great clip showing Cash out of bounds. Even the announcers knew it was a bad call. Ugh!

I watched that from the sidelines and couldn't quite believe it. It's almost as vivid in my mind as it is on that replay!!! I've been asked millions of times since, "What did you expect, you were in Austin?" I made it home with my program too and still have it. I take it out often and have flashbacks!

Sounds like a personal problem ... :blink:

GO MEAN GREEN !!!

It is!! :P It is something that only, slightly, goes away if we happen to beat SMU, (or Baylor), win the SBC championship, go to a bowl game, make a respectable showing at a blood for money game, or see postings confirming we are building a stadium that will draw the interest to our program that we all want for it. BTW, good looking female avatars seem to help :lol:

We drove down to Austin for that game and planned on celebrating all night on 6th street, even after the expected loss. But, the game made us so angry and bitter, that we all drove straight home and barely said a word the entire way back.

I have never been so angry after a FB game. An ESPN camera man was filming near us. The cameraman said he had never seen such an awful call in the years he has been filming games.

--I listened to it on Radio ( UT version) and remember even then a lot of calls being questionable, even their radio version seemed surprised at the results at times. I have watched the video since and it has to be the worse officiated game I have ever known about. Refs do make "errors" but that many really makes you wonder about the "honesty" of the situation.

Program: I actually bought one a couple of years ago (I knew that it was the awful game) at a flea market in Dublin It was mint shape and I remember $2.00 (absolutely no more), which is a lot cheaper than the E-Bay one...

We drove down to Austin for that game and planned on celebrating all night on 6th street, even after the expected loss. But, the game made us so angry and bitter, that we all drove straight home and barely said a word the entire way back.

I have never been so angry after a FB game. An ESPN camera man was filming near us. The cameraman said he had never seen such an awful call in the years he has been filming games.

Sounds about like our experience although we had taken the alumni bus down and it let us off at 6th street for a couple of hours before heading back to Denton. You know you got jobbed when nearly every other horn fan you meet on 6th street admits it, and some actually went out of their way to apologize.

Rick