Nt Lands Committment # 13 Jeremy Phillips From Waller

OldTimer

Not to mention, I guarantee he brings a ton of intangibles to the table being a coach's kid.

So what your saying is he really knows the game...an extension of the coach on the field...real cerebral...and perhaps he isn't the best athlete but he works harder than anyone else out there...first guy in the gym and the last guy out...brings his lunch pail everyday?

We need more guys like that...

So what your saying is he really knows the game...an extension of the coach on the field...real cerebral...and perhaps he isn't the best athlete but he works harder than anyone else out there...first guy in the gym and the last guy out...brings his lunch pail everyday?

We need more guys like that...

This post made me giggle.

Watched this kid play twice over the last few years against Nederland. He is an excellent football player. Good size and speed and seems to hate losing more than he enjoys winning. Played great at safety against us both years. Seems to enjoy contact!!!

Now that has been a common characteristic of the great UNT safeties.

Obviously, Riley is the same kind of kid. He, Tomlin and Leppo bring the same winning attitude.

And speaking of Riley Dodge, aren't he and Chase Daniels the same height?

And where have I read that RDodge has more upside at the same level of Texas HS 5-A level of competition than Chase Daniels did at the same stage of development? And no, I didn't read that in Todd Dodge's daily diary, either. :rolleyes::)

Yes, Darrien Williams plays safety for Vernon. Just ask the RB's from Celina how it was meeting him for the first time last year in the Semi's. He flies up and will absolutely smoke people near the LOS, while also being extremely effective in coverage and displaying good closing speed.

In fact, I think Coach Archie and them may have played Vernon this year...if so, I'd like to hear his assesment of Darrien.

Anywho, very glad to land Jeremy. Looks like he has a great frame, and a ton of athleticism. For a kid to have that size-speed combo as a 17 year old is impressive, and he will only get better. How about having a 6'4" 210 lb ball-hawking 4.5 safety in the secondary...sounds good huh? Not to mention, I guarantee he brings a ton of intangibles to the table being a coach's kid.

A friend of mine is a coach at Vernon. Darrien is going to be a very nice pickup.

This speed deal wears me out. I wish Coach Archie would help me out here too. For crying out loud, 4.6 is fast, especially for a 6'3"+ kid!!! Most of the stuff you see on the internet about high school prospects, espcially from Scout are times that are VERY generous (most likely handheld times by their high school coaches). Go look up the 40 times for the top NFL draft prospects and you'll get a true reading that will SHOCK most of you. Then you'll understand that a 4.6 is fast, and a 4.5 is very fast, and a 4.4 is ridiculously fast.

Here are the fastest players from Scouts Inc. Top 32 Draft-Eligible Prospects. The last number is each player's 40 time. These are not listed in the order of Scouts' rankings, but merely by their 40 time.

DeSean Jackson RB California 6-0 179 4.35

Darren McFadden RB Arkansas 6-2 212 4.40

Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State 6-1 203 4.45

Kenny Phillips S Miami 6-1 3/4 203 4.45

Limas Sweed WR Texas 6-4 3/8 219 4.45

Mario Manningham WR Michigan 6-0 188 4.45

Reggie Smith CB Oklahoma 6-0 1/2 199 4.48

Mike Jenkins CB South Florida 6-0 200 4.49

Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon 5-11 233 4.50

Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma 6-4 217 4.50

Aqib Talib CB Kansas 6-1 1/2 201 4.50

James Laurinaitis ILB Ohio State 6-2 1/2 244 4.55

Ali Highsmith OLB LSU 6-0 221 4.55

Early Doucet III WR LSU 6-0 210 4.56

Dan Connor OLB Penn State 6-3 228 4.60

Keith Rivers OLB USC 6-2 3/4 236 4.60

Watched this kid play twice over the last few years against Nederland. He is an excellent football player. Good size and speed and seems to hate losing more than he enjoys winning. Played great at safety against us both years. Seems to enjoy contact!!!

This post must be from the Dad of Micah Mosley of Nederland. Just wanted to let you know how much my wife and I have enjoyed seeing Micah play this year. I predict a bright future at UNT. Never was he intimidated and we were at ARK, OU, and Troy. He always got positive yards and was a much better kick returner than anyone else. All this as a true freshman. Look forward to seeing him develop in the next 3 years and proud to have him at UNT.

How many QB's and coaches' kids will we have by next fall? Awesome.

I'm in with the Mosley posts...here's to (hopefully) UNT's 3rd National Rushing Champ in less than a decade (in the next year or so, that is).

Apologies to UNT Mean Green, who I emailed before I read the Scouts draft post above. I thought there were a lot of guys running 4.2s and 4-flats.

I hope my kid ends up 3 inches taller than me, 50-60 pounds heavier, and as fast as my skinny ass, and in 18 years plays for UNT in a BCS Bowl ;)

How many QB's and coaches' kids will we have by next fall? Awesome.

I hope my kid ends up 3 inches taller than me, 50-60 pounds heavier, and as fast as my skinny ass, and in 18 years plays for UNT in a BCS Bowl ;)

Hey, no need to apologize Jesse!

We will have several QB's and a few coachs' kids. These kids do bring intangibles.

ABSOLUTELY...I like the BCS in 18 years, and I wouldn't doubt the physical measurements as I can only imagine where athletes will be in the 2020's!

Edited by UNT Mean Green