Unt's Dodge Denies Allegations Of Racism

NT80

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I guess Fake Lonnie should take over this team before it gets any worse. I forgot Clayton George had less experience in college than Dominique Green even though George is a UNT letterman. I'm going to stop now because this is going nowhere in a hurry. I'm confident you will all be satisfied when the rest of the story finally gets out.

Wow, 15 years ago...on a I-AA team. Yeah, that's really comparable to where the program is now. After all, nothing has changed in the college football landscape over the last 15 years. How could I possibly mistake lettering on a I-AA team with years of coaching or playing at the I-A level? How silly. If I was that confused, I could be the president of UNT...or sit on the Board of Directors...or be the athletic director.

It's one thing to cheer with your team and shout, "tackle his ass" with everyone else. But when you stand back and call attention to yourself when there are more important matters at hand, you deserve to be "redirected."

If you want to blame the coaches for poor play, go ahead. But don't drag these guys down into some cesspool agenda of yours when you don't know what you're talking about.

That's fine. But, just look at what this little bout of "redirecting" has done. What Clayton and the rest of the coaches need to do is "redirect" themselves to the film room until they figure out how to scheme at this level. That would seem to be a "more important matter at hand" than worrying about a cussing player who's sitting on the bench. Or, at least, it would be to most other coaches on any other staff at this level.

And, by the way, the coaches and administrators are the only ones I blame since they are the ones in charge. Nothing in any of my posts has to do with coming down on any player. They aren't the ones who are piloting this mess. They're just riding along, hoping for a safe landing.

Tre Newton Sr said at the SLC-Miami game that Tre wants to go to Texas.

I like the strategy to change his name. There is a lot of negative things associated with "Nate Newton."

Maybe when this all blows over, we can welcome back our new cornerback William Greene!

Wow, 15 years ago...on a I-AA team. Yeah, that's really comparable to where the program is now. After all, nothing has changed in the college football landscape over the last 15 years. How could I possibly mistake lettering on a I-AA team with years of coaching or playing at the I-A level? How silly. If I was that confused, I could be the president of UNT...or sit on the Board of Directors...or be the athletic director.

Discipline on the college level is STILL discipline at the college level. The players are older and are expected to have a little more composure and discipline, no matter the division of play they're in. I don't know what the NCAA division they play has anything to do with this. I also don't see how time period has anything to do with it either...when the coach or another player legitimately calls you out for a bonehead play and corrects you, you handle it. Period.

I like the strategy to change his name. There is a lot of negative things associated with "Nate Newton."

Maybe when this all blows over, we can welcome back our new cornerback William Green!

Hopefully not the one who played running back at BC though. How does Chaz Kenneth Green sound?

What does I-A, I-AA, II, III or NAIA have anything to do with any of this whatsoever? You're such a relevant debater.

Gee, there's really no difference at all. That's why the NFL is teeming with NAIA players and such. And, I-A schools are always on the look out for hot Division III coaches.

I suppose there's no difference at all at any level. I mean, it's just football. The rules are the same everywhere. High school, Division I-A, JUCO, NAIA, NFL. What's the difference? Surely, they all draw the same type of athlete packaged with the same character traits.

It's like picking up a loaf of bread. I mean, it's all bread, right? The nutritional value of all of it has got to be the same. I mean, it's bread!

Look, if you don't realize there's a difference between a Division I-AA athlete in 1992 and a Division I-A athlete in 2007, well...there's really nothing more I can say to you other than you're the perfect fan for this program - just fork over the money, come support us, and don't ask questions about controversies or lack of progress on and off the field. That would be holding the people in charge accountable for something. The only crazy people who do that are folks like the University of Nebraska who fire athletic directors in the middle of a football season. That could never be us. Lack of production is called "rebuilding" here.

well...there's really nothing more I can say to you other than you're the perfect fan for this program - just fork over the money, come support us, and don't ask questions about controversies or lack of progress on and off the field.

Made me smirk. We could definitely afford more fans like that. SO LEAVE HIM ALONE. :P

Gee, there's really no difference at all. That's why the NFL is teeming with NAIA players and such. And, I-A schools are always on the look out for hot Division III coaches.

I suppose there's no difference at all at any level. I mean, it's just football. The rules are the same everywhere. High school, Division I-A, JUCO, NAIA, NFL. What's the difference? Surely, they all draw the same type of athlete packaged with the same character traits.

It's like picking up a loaf of bread. I mean, it's all bread, right? The nutritional value of all of it has got to be the same. I mean, it's bread!

Look, if you don't realize there's a difference between a Division I-AA athlete in 1992 and a Division I-A athlete in 2007, well...there's really nothing more I can say to you other than you're the perfect fan for this program - just fork over the money, come support us, and don't ask questions about controversies or lack of progress on and off the field. That would be holding the people in charge accountable for something. The only crazy people who do that are folks like the University of Nebraska who fire athletic directors in the middle of a football season. That could never be us. Lack of production is called "rebuilding" here.

He asked you the difference between Div I, II, and III and you respond with a rant about the NFL, JUCO, High School, etc. Great job of responding with an irrelevant rant.

Why are you so scared to actually hold a 20 year old man responsible for his immature actions on the football field?

That's fine. But, just look at what this little bout of "redirecting" has done. What Clayton and the rest of the coaches need to do is "redirect" themselves to the film room until they figure out how to scheme at this level. That would seem to be a "more important matter at hand" than worrying about a cussing player who's sitting on the bench. Or, at least, it would be to most other coaches on any other staff at this level.

And, by the way, the coaches and administrators are the only ones I blame since they are the ones in charge. Nothing in any of my posts has to do with coming down on any player. They aren't the ones who are piloting this mess. They're just riding along, hoping for a safe landing.

It sounds like you assume that EVERY situation that comes up in this locker room in year one is one that can be handled perfectly and easily. I think you should consider the option that maybe it's going to take time to "clean house" of any bad apples* that exist on this team. Bob Knight, when he took over at Tech, dumped half the team before the first season. Though I don't agree with doing that, that helped him get his locker room squared away. Dodge didn't come in and wipe out the squad, and he didn't recruit 75% of the players on this team. Most of these guys came to NT under different circumstances than what exist here now. Not everyone is going to be happy and buy in when the entire culture changes in a few short months.

*I don't know Dom. Green and can't say that he is a bad apple---though his disciplinary record alone means that you can't dismiss it as a possibility...at least until we know the full story.

Your true colors have finally shown through. The players don't share in the responsibility.

The coaches are attempting to bring some discipline to this team due to DD letting many do as they pleased. I appreciate the coaches having high expectations for these young men regarding their conduct on the field. The "look at me generation" has grown tiresome.

The fact that North Texas competed in 1AA back in '92 is totally irrelevant to the conversation. And btw, some of the greatest NFL names of all time have come out of 1AA as well as easily the two most heralded players in the Dallas Cowboys' '07 starting lineup. Also, the current Cowboys' roster includes 16 players who played college ball at D1AA or lower. So yes I guess you could say that the NFL is "teeming" with players who played college ball below Division 1A.

Why don’t we let first the University and then the NCAA investigate before we jump to a lot of conclusions either way.

By the way, from what I’ve read, Coach Mitchell pull players off of the PACTICE field for cussing. If they cussed during a game, they were gone for the next game, period. I understand that for years after, former players were extremely careful what they said around him even after he retired.

Is this Fake Lonnie guy for real? I don't post (or read the boards) much, but though maybe he just post these crazy thoughts as a gag. In other words he doesn't beleave what he posts does he?

I used to think that he actually believes his posts. Now, I realize that he just likes to go against the majority and stir the pot.

Seems we fired a coach during last season and many whined that it was the unfair thing to do even though he wasn't producing on the field or off.

You know what I love the most about you? Logical consistency and making a cogent argument are NOT prerequisites for your sarcastic rants.

FLF- This isn't high school! These guys have never coached the college athlete and that is soooo different!

Anyone else- Uh, I think George was a college player.

FLF- (In full backpedal) That doesn't count! That doesn't count! That was 1AA. Besides, that was 15 years ago. That's relevant. No, really, it is.

Anyone else- The difference between dealing with 18-21 year old men's egos in 1AA and 1A is what again?

FLF- It's something, I just know it. I know I'm not a blithering idiot just out to make any and all controversies about the coaching staff and how unfair we were to Darrell Dickey.

Anyone else- Uhhh, what in the hell does anything you have to say have to do with a player with an attitude problem?

FLF- Everything! Cuz the coaches should be in the film room! Just trust that there isn't a WIDE chasm between the two sides of my logic leap on this one.

Anyone else- Umm, ok...we are still talking about the merits of running to the NAACP when you get benched with the story of "I was suspended for saying the word 'hood'", right. I mean, that is still the topic at hand isn't it? When did that become a phenomenon exclusive to 1A teams and when did that begin to have ANYTHING to do with North Texas exclusively.

FLF- You fools! Can't you see that this problem is indigenous to North Texas because of the President and the Athletic Director! People cry racism anytime a high school coach is hired!! Haven't you been paying attention to history!

Anyone else- What?

FLF- This isn't high school! These guys have never coached the college athlete and that is soooo different!

And the vicious mind numbing circle continues.

Schemes don't do you any good if one of your corners doesn't follow instructions. Take that to the film room.

Just to remind you;

Directly from the Star-Telegram:

Green was benched Saturday after not following an on-field directive, going for an interception instead of staying in coverage as instructed. Middle Tennessee scored a 51-yard touchdown on the play.

Green then argued with teammates and was later confronted by UNT receivers coach Clayton George for excessive foul language, Dodge said. George told Green to stop, but he refused. After meeting Sunday with Dodge, Green was suspended indefinitely.

Edited by Cr1028