Frogs Fading Fast; Utah-27, Tcu-20

NT80

Arguably good news for us. Combine the recent slide of TCU with SMU's woes and we could have a recipe for a better recruiting class. It is imperative that we finish the season strong in order to show recruits that UNT will only get better as time progresses under Dodge and that the balance of power is shifting north. We need to win some more games and what better one to get that this one this weekend. Navy would be nice too.

Edited by StealthEagle84

TCU was a Top 20 team a few weeks ago heading to Austin, but since that loss have been struggling. A loss at home tonight before 25,000 makes them 4-4. Is Gary Patterson's stock falling too for a moveup job with a BCS program?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/scores107/1...-event-coverage

I have never thought Patterson was cut out for a big time program. He is perfect at TCU and will be able to make not only a name for himself at TCU, but a very good income if he stays there. Anyone think that Fran might want a do over?

Arguably good news for us. Combine the recent slide of TCU with SMU's woes and we could have a recipe for a better recruiting class. It is imperative that we finish the season strong in order to show recruits that UNT will only get better as time progresses under Dodge and that the balance of power is shifting north. We need to win some more games and what better one to get that this one this weekend. Navy would be nice too.

Use to have that same philosophy, SE84, but I think now I've changed it to it moreso being about UNT merely being pro-active as all get-out, build that 40,000 seat stadium as we prepare for more dramatic growth (and many more new fans) and UNT coaches just going out there doing positive recruiting telling those recruits as to how each and every one of them can help take our Mean Green football program to very lofty "ranked" heights, a la Boise State, South Florida, etc, etc, etc,.

I think the less we worry about what SMU and TCU are doing, the better off UNT will be long-term. Lets let them look over their shoulders as to what we are doing for a change.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I don't really think this speaks to Patterson's ability to coach...though I do agree that TCU is an ideal fit for Patterson and he wouldn't be as successful at a BCS school. TCU simply has no offense...and has to really way too much on a very good defense...just poor timing really, had this defense been paired up with even last season's mediocre offense with Lonta' Hobbs, Robert Merrill and Jeff Ballard this is still a top 20 team.

I still have a soft spot in my heart for TCU...it mainly comes from seeing number 5 put up 250 rushing yards per game on all 15 teams of the giant WAC in the late nineties...and I hope TCU can continue to build a strong program...and that UNT continues to build around Papa Todd so that a yearly match-up between with the Frogs becomes mutually beneficial...I would fly home for that game every year, whether it was at Amon Carter or Beth Marie's Homestyle Field at Eagle Point

Utah has had a really wacky season. Lost in some truly mindnumbing ways, but then laying the wood to UCLA and Louisville.

--The Mountain West is great for TCU..... as long as they are winning... they have no natural or even regional rivals and a lot of expensive travel. Once their program slips some, I doubt the TCU will all that happy there and the fans will have no real rival or regional interest in games.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

6 wins between 3 D1A schools in DFW... eeek

heres to hoping we go on a roll, like old times... except with a passing game

Yeah and two of them were automatic wins because two games involved playing each other (someone had to win those) . sooo.. make that four against teams away from the metroplex. We are not doing much worse than our "neighborhood" competition.

If we get our act together, we could easily become the college "Team of the Metroplex".

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Did they show a replay of the onside kick on TV?

Very confusing ending to the game.

Frogs kick FG to get within 7.

Frogs reciver onside kick...everyone is happy.

TCU O and Utah D go onto field.

Utah Coach runs onto field and has a fit.

Ref's re-conoiter.

Ref's reverse posession, TCU no longer has the ball.

TCU O & Utah D exit field.

TCU chalenges the call.

Ref's re-conoiter w. replay booth.

Booth Official finds replay non conclusive...Utah gets ball...game ends.

That was at least how I remeber it (a little foggy).

PS the incredibly 80's James Spader douche look was a big player among TCU undergrads last night...complete with floppy hair, Vuarnet lookalikes with straps and pastel shirts.

The potato sack dress was a big player for the girls...two really really bad looks.