You Might Be A Mean Green Fan If...

DeepGreen

Best shirts we ever created. I remember me and DPS coming up with the idea for that year's Bowl shirt. I believe he paid for his trip in sales of those shirts. The fact that the Memphis fans wanted to buy those from us as well was hilarious.

The year before I had to explain to two ladies in their 50's (at the request from their husbands) what a FUPA was...good times. :D

Anyway...Good Dart!

The FUPA / Flapjack shirt is the one I sold off my back at the Cincy game...it essentially payed for Superdome beers and overly-vegetabled Bloody Marys...yet I still have both the Cincy and the Memphis shirts...I think one might be Cross's.

Ironically enough...both are a different shade of green...neither of which is our current color...couldn't even get it right 5 years ago

You Might be A Mean Green Fan If...

- People behind you at the game tell you to sit down.

- Making fun of other fans who come on to GOMEANGREEN to talk S**t.

- You get mad when you wear UNT items out in public and nobody says anything to you.

- By the end of the season you cant figure out why there so much parking available.

- You drive with people 6 hours in the car and they want to leave at halftime.

You Might be A Mean Green Fan If...

- People behind you at the game tell you to sit down.

- Making fun of other fans who come on to GOMEANGREEN to talk S**t.

- You get mad when you wear UNT items out in public and nobody says anything to you.

- By the end of the season you cant figure out why there so much parking available.

- You drive with people 6 hours in the car and they want to leave at halftime.

OUCH! :D

But so true....

You night be a Mean Green Fan if you always have to explain to friends and family who the Sunbelt Conference is, that FAU, FIU, ULL, ULM, Troy, Middle Tennessee, and Arkansas State are actually Division 1 teams and not like SFA, Sam Houston, or SWTexas State), and then hear from all of them, no I really don't think I am going to pass up the other games on TV this weekend to go to your high school stadium.

Medpilot's "If your offensive coodinator is more aggressive in the stands than he is with his play calling?....You might be a Mean Green Fan." and FFR's "....if you have ever kicked a white, pink-eyed squirrel across a sidewalk?" are pure greatness!!

I could only come up with:

If in the past two years, the most exciting words you could possibly hear were "...and that's good for another Mean Green FIRST DOWN!!!"

If you feel compelled to wear something that says North Texas on it any time you leave the house just so people know the school exists.

If you've ever initiated a chant of "Woody" and not felt dirt about it.

If you've created gameday signs with slogans like "Ride the Ponies", "Gimme Woody", and "I still got Wood-y" for a good laugh

If you've ever been pissed off at your head coach for putting the starters BACK in the game(La Tech)

If you've ever been so disgusted with your head coach for putting the team on the field in black practice jerseys, that you left the game early and removed all mean green stickers from your auto until his replacement would be named.

If you've ever driven an hour through traffic to Denton for a press conference just to hear that an exciting brand of football is coming to Denton.....

........you might be a Mean Green Fan!!!

Edited by Cr1028

Forgot one.

-You might be a Mean Green fan if you left Fouts midway through the third quarter b/c you had dinner plans, had dinner and then called you buddy to find out what the final was and heard this: "games all tied up and about to head in to overtime, get back up here", and you go back in time to watch another 7 quarters of football.

if you left at halftime of the MTSU game and didn'y go to another home game because you were so pissed that the team wasn't showing any effort.

You might be a Mean Green.... if you complain about being ranked #60 in the Rivals recruiting rankings, knowing full well that NT has never had 10 committments this early in the year, EVER!

You might be a mean green fan if all you talk about is how much you hate SMU because every mistake our administration has evermade was somehow their fault.