Jj Apology Thread

NT03

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at least you manned up and are willing to eat your crow, now as fans of UNT basketball lets start the anticipation for selection sunday

Keith7 I believe you have been one of the few who have been positive throughout , so good for you and thanks for being such a loyal fan.I'm not saying Ive never been a loyal Mean Green fan , just a Very disgruntled one. I guess after "X" amount of years of frustration , things really can change.

I just hope the best thing that comes out of this is that people around Denton realize we have something special here and the attendance sees a BIG boost next year.

Edited by NT03

I'll be apologizer #2.

Congrats Coach Jones.......and team. I'm very proud of all of you.

SUMG (John McDowell)

Thanks SUMG for bein with me. Ill still stand by my thought of JJ being a far better recruiter than coach , but in the Belt maybe that's good enough. We seemed to have just more athleticism than anyone else in the tourney.

If Slinker can be here for 30 years and never get the Women to the Big Dance does this mean JJ gets a lifetime contract ? :D

Thanks SUMG for bein with me. Ill still stand by my thought of JJ being a far better recruiter than coach , but in the Belt maybe that's good enough. We seemed to have just more athleticism than anyone else in the tourney.

If Slinker can be here for 30 years and never get the Women to the Big Dance does this mean JJ gets a lifetime contract ? :D

Just keep those athletes coming in. One thing I'll say, the team matured as a whole during the last 1/4 of the season. Before then, they'd get rattled, lose confidence and just didn't seem to believe in themselves and then. WHAM, some light bulbs came on and they kept their cool (more or less) through the whole tourney and a lot of the mistakes I saw in the last two games were in part fatigue related, because all the teams were begininng to make them. The important thing, we didn't let it throw us when we did and we kept our hustle. Way to go guys!!

I for one have been critical of you Mr. JJ. I'm sorry , I was wrong. Thank you for a GREAT SEASON , give em Hell in the Dance

Thanks NT03. I got beaten up on the board pretty good since the last 1/2 of the season for being a new, "naive" Meen Green sports fan that did know his arse from his hand. So much so, I actually took a 4 week hiatas from the board until this last week. I knew I saw something in this team and JJ and just couldn't believe the posters that were dogging our team and anyone that expressed support for them. Hopefully, your thread will start to reunite all Mean Green fans, alumni and students, as we head into the NCAA tourny.

No Johnny Jones and no three pointers!!!

The Bandwagon never closes! Now everyone should be aboard!!!

Got to give untwillrise some credit also. He's had this as a signature all season long:

"We will be 1 of 64 in March."

You were dead on with that prediction, buddy.

GMG!

Well, I will give credit where credit is due. I sure did not think that this team could do what they have done these past few days. I still have issues with this team, but I am happy they did what they did. They might want to work on their free throw shooting in the next couple of days.

what impresses me as much as going to the dance is how much better some of our players got specifically quicy williams , sturns, and howerton improved a lot and could very well be a good contributer by the time he graduates johnny got it done this year on the court as far as results go and with the over all improvement of the team and players

Edited by mwynn05

I admit that I got a little pissed after the N.O. timeout call, but I was otherwise more than willing to give JJ the season. HE'S GIVEN US A SEASON!!!!!! I say we give him a 36 month moratorium on any kind of "dump JJ" criticism. A berth in the big tourney after a 19 season absence is worthy of that. Great Win!!! :D

JJ forgive me for not giving you credit, I mean I thought that the guys were going to go into the tourney making the same mistakes as they did in the season... Not only did you learn from the mistakes you made but you corrected them so quickly in the tourney and you guys earned the end result : 2007 SBC Champions

Good Luck and congratulations to all the coaches, players, and all the fans who have been there for years..... Truly a great day to be Mean and Green

Thanks NT03. I got beaten up on the board pretty good since the last 1/2 of the season for being a new, "naive" Meen Green sports fan that did know his arse from his hand. So much so, I actually took a 4 week hiatas from the board until this last week. I knew I saw something in this team and JJ and just couldn't believe the posters that were dogging our team and anyone that expressed support for them. Hopefully, your thread will start to reunite all Mean Green fans, alumni and students, as we head into the NCAA tourny.

Seriously, cut this crap out for once. We are all excited about UNT going to the tourney, and I don't remember anyone "dogging the team". We were just tired of absolutely zero progress since JJ had taken over the team, and were unhappy about what was seemingly turning into another typical JJ season. But that is the great thing about basketball, all it takes is one year and a couple of players getting hot at the right time to take the team all the way, even when the coaching is questionable(which it has been all season and since JJ took over). I give JJ credit for putting this group of players together, but I'm not going to ignore the many coaching blunders he has had, just as it became hard to forget how DD took OOC games off and not coaching to his players strengths.

Go Mean Green! Make some noise in the tourney!

I'll add my .02 as far as eating some crow. I've had some fundamental issues with some in game decisions and so on but the size and athleticism that JJ has recruited here was able to make up for some of the teams flaws. I give JJ and staff credit for bringing in these players and cant wait to see who we draw in the 1st round.

Congrats to the players and coaches. It a great day to be a Mean Green fan!

I'm not apologizing for anything. I said he should be let go if this is another one and done season in the tournament- it wasn't and he shouldn't be. I am very glad JJ finally got it done. I am proud of our team and what they have accomplished. I haven't been this excited about basketball in a long long time! Proud to say go mean green! And Im looking forward to attending my first Tournament game!

Seriously, cut this crap out for once. We are all excited about UNT going to the tourney, and I don't remember anyone "dogging the team". We were just tired of absolutely zero progress since JJ had taken over the team, and were unhappy about what was seemingly turning into another typical JJ season. But that is the great thing about basketball, all it takes is one year and a couple of players getting hot at the right time to take the team all the way, even when the coaching is questionable(which it has been all season and since JJ took over). I give JJ credit for putting this group of players together, but I'm not going to ignore the many coaching blunders he has had, just as it became hard to forget how DD took OOC games off and not coaching to his players strengths.

Go Mean Green! Make some noise in the tourney!

We'll never see eye to eye, and I'm OK with that. Sorry, but Jonnie is part of the team, and posters were calling for his head since the middle of season. I can always count on you for post such as this. All of JJ's "blunders" put us at 23-10 and a NCAA tourny birth (zero progress??). BTW, we've been hot since the middle of the season after the Arkansas road loses. You just failed to see it.

I've always supported JJ cuz in all honestly he doesnt have much to work with. Even this season there was more talk about our 3-9 losing fb season than a mens bball team that were consistently winning and were expected to do some good things this year. I think JJ and his team made a statement not only to the conference and the nation but even our own Mean Green fans that they are a good team and they are for real. I'm gonna say again we need to support basketball as much as possible because I can honestly say we have a legitimate chance of consistently making some noise and going to the tourney every year....and if we can do that then our chances of moving to a more superior conference greatly rises.