My Faith Is Slipping Away

emmitt01

Several things that I saw last night that come down to coaching and coaching alone...

1)McCaleb picks up his 4th foul with about 5 minutes to go and WE DON'T DRIVE AT HIM. That's the coaches job to tell your players to foul that guy out.

2)We were ice cold from beyond the arc. Hey coach, tell your team to pound it down low more.

3)The timeout with 2 seconds left was insane.

4)If you're gonna call a timeout to set up your defense INCLUDE A GUY GUARDING THE INBOUNDS PASS in your little discussion.

5)Where were the people at my tailgate? I blame JJ for this too.

Don't read this if appalled by negativity, I don't know if I can survive being labeled a bad fan again. This team has too much talent to be a .500 Belt club. Many of the Belt coaches have given NT the complement of being the most athletic and deepest team in the Belt. IMO, NT is going through their annual conference fade. But because of the talent level and favorable last half schedule, they are still able to play .500 ball. Last night NT controlled the boards, blocked 11 shots and actually shoot well at the free throw line and still was not able to win. In fact, NT trailed almost the whole game and never looked like they had any control of the game. I have no idea how you can double team a player and still have him receive a pass of three quarter length much less make the basket. But in truth this game should have never come down to the end. The team as noted is playing a much better offensive post game but the guard play which was the strength of the team has deteriorated to the point of being a liability. The NO guards looked much quicker and more focused even though playing with a much shorter bench.

NT still can still salvage this season but time is running out. The Belt is weak this year and almost any team could get hot and win the tournament, but the way NT is playing it is hard to imagine them winning 3 or 4 games in a row to win the tournament.

okay lets ignore the fact we had 2 people on the guy they were throwing it to and still let him catch it

KD said they were trying to keep the ball infront of them.. ya I thought the TO was stupid, but we didn't take a TO when David Dees of Laffeyette made that 3 pointer at the buzzer and the same thing w/ the dude from UTA and we saw what happened in those games.. Mcallebb made a hell of a shot give him alittle credit

KD said they were trying to keep the ball infront of them.. ya I thought the TO was stupid, but we didn't take a TO when David Dees of Laffeyette made that 3 pointer at the buzzer and the same thing w/ the dude from UTA and we saw what happened in those games.. Mcallebb made a hell of a shot give him alittle credit

Different situations. We hadn't just converted a free throw to take the lead with 2 seconds left, thereby forcing them to inbound from below their bucket with no sort of plan drawn up and having to actually run the length of the court to get the shot off. The timeout allowed all of their players to get onto our end of the court to receive a pass with the clock not starting until it was caught.

That's the difference. Bad call.

I don't totally agree with #2. You can't quit shooting. Maybe be a little more selective on the 3 pointers (a little more open shots) but you can't really abandon the shot completely. You still drive inside a little more and work for a better shot, but you can't take away a part of your game just because you are cold for a while. I have seen some of the best professional 3 point shooters go cold in games before but they keep shooting. A lot of times they get their shot back...sometimes they don't. So if it is one guy or the whole team, you still keep shooting.

I have not been able to TG (or game for that matter) for a little while. Sorry. Keeping an eye on the schedule to come tailgate some of the few games left in the season.