Adopt - A - Player

Harry

We've had a lot of fun with this in past off seasons so I thought we should do it again. Just choose your favorite player and let us know who it is. You can share why you chose them or not - it's up to you.

My player this year will be #11 Deavin Cox. I believe Jamario will have a good season but I think Cox will be a key backup that can be counted on this year both as a backup to Jamario as well as on special teams.

At first blush I'd say Issac Thomas and I think he will probably be a monster but I'll take Phillip Graves. He's always shown flashes and he plays with absolute abandon. I think this year we'll see him EXPLODE. Look for him to use his speed and destroy some people. The kid has a nose for the ball.

Alright Phillip, as Coach Hicks used to say: "Let's hear some leather popping!"

I am going to take one Jeremiah Chapman. This kid is a worker, and reminds me of the blue-collar type players we had back in the Hurd, Spencer, Casey days.

I think if he gets healthy, which I hear is going to be the case, he will be a HUGE team leader, and example the youth looks to on defense.

I'd like to add Jamario b/c he's from my hometown, but I'm going with:

Jonathan Stewart

# 61

Defensive Tackle - DT

Height: 6-2 Weight: 260

Not only is DT one of my favorite and most important positions, but I love his TV show on Comedy Central.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to add Jamario b/c he's from my hometown, but I'm going with:

Jonathan Stewart 

# 61 

Defensive Tackle - DT 

Height:  6-2  Weight:  260 

Not only is DT one of my favorite and most important positions, but I love his TV show on Comedy Central.GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They just look so different out of uniform, don't they? rolleyes.gif

The difference maker:  #81 the "Mighty" Quinn.

Rick

would you like a bid card to join the ultimate fan group "Johnny Quinn's Hoolagins"? its like the coolest group of guys in the whole world (me and Madhatter) and we always have cool functions and mixers with awsome girls (mostly our wives and daughters) were like the best post graduation fraternity ever!!

would you like a bid card to join the ultimate fan group "Johnny Quinn's Hoolagins"? its like the coolest group of guys in the whole world (me and Madhatter) and we always have cool functions and mixers with awsome girls (mostly our wives and daughters) were like the best post graduation fraternity ever!!

I can't believe you guys didn't give a bid card to quones. laugh.gif

Guest GrayEagleOne

I am most impressed by the 2005 Newcomer of the Year and possibly the best defensive back in the conference, #38 Aaron Weathers.

I don't often latch onto a front runner but I think that Weathers will have another outstanding season. He led the team in tackles, interceptions and , I believe, pass breakups last year.

Super Jamario.

My wife went to White Oak HS (near Longview) and Spring Hill was their arch-rival school. Her Dad actually coached at both schools. I had a hard time (ok, not that hard after he started popping off TD runs his freshman year) getting her to root for him, but now he's the entire family's favorite player.

btw, is this just a board thing or is there something more to this?