Score Predictions

emmitt01

I don't know if I could make an honest objective prediction. Our Mean Green certainly didn't resemble the conference Mean Green of last year, and Tulsa gets blown out by Minnesota before being within 2 points of OU with 4 minutes left. Its hard to say but I'm gonna have faith and say UNT 24, TU 16

---It will be close..... I think the deciding faactor will be can we contain their passing game. They appear to be better than I expected.

---Our Offensive line need to open some holes.... The O-line is hard to evaluate yet because MTSU had a excellent defensive front (Littlejohn was a monster) and we did not do all all that great the first half opening holes...

_________________-

SMU/TCU.... How did that happen????? SMU loses to Baylor while TCU looks great agains OU and then the next week TCU loses to SMU...... Proof that upsets do happen and the best team doesn't always win.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Like most games, this one will come down to a few key stops. The big matchups are their passing game vs our pass defense and our rushing game vs their rush defense. Seeing the play of Covington and Weathers gives me a little more confidence but not a ton. Since I'm also a homer, I'll say NT 24- TU 17

PEOPLE PEOPLE. I'm from Oklahoma and you are looking at a TU team that got beat by an OU team that got beat by TCU who was throttled by SMU (the score didn't do it justice). Anyone remember the Baylor game 2 years ago. The predictions and comments were about the same and I don't remember the score but I do remember that is one of the worse beatings I've seen a football team take. We kicked a lung out of Baylor that day (also probably the best I've seen Booger play). So remember this, WE ARE FROM NORTH TEXAS. WE HAVE WON OUR CONFERENCE THE LAST FIVE YEARS. WE WILL MAKE IT SIX. WE DON'T GIVE A FLYING CRAP WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK. AND ABOVE ALL, WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE A LITTLE COCKY. So all you predicting a close game, stand up at your work and read the last six sentences out loud over and over UNTIL YOU BELEIVE IT. LOUD AND PROUD. And on a side note, those pricks from Tulsa make SMU and Baylor look like a bunch of beer guzzling rednecks. NORTH TEXAS, LOUD AND PROUD AND FOR GOOD REASON.

I expected more offense last week but I was dead on that the defense would come up big. Still, I missed our margin of victory on the high side. With a week's experience, and having seen Tulsa in action against Oklahoma, I will not be so cavalier in my prediction this week.

The D tightens up on the run but their receiver Mills still gives us fits because we don't get enough pressure on Smith. We still give up a LOT of yards this week.

The O starts to run a little smoother and Meager's playbook gets a couple more pages this week. RF and DD conduct a refresher course for Meager, Thomas, and assorted newbies and we get to see more of Pat and Jamario in the same backfield, with good results. The Mighty Quinn quits puking and gets his strength back in time to make five big plays.

All of this translates to the following prediction:

UNT - 31

Tulsa - 21

I know it's a different feeling to be 1-0, and I know we're excited about the offensive weapons we have w/ a game under their belt, but..... this is a non-conference game. We all should know what that means by now... so, with a heavy heart, until i see differently, i have to say...

Tulsa 34

NT 9

Now, that being said, I hope like hell the culture changes this weekend and I'm terribly wrong...