Score Predictions

emmitt01

As we have all been reading lately, a team does show more improvement between the 1'st game to the 2'nd.

We have 2 Mean Green RB's who will (in the same game) have a dual "coming out party" and I think the Tulsa Golden Hurricane game (at Fouts) may be that game.

I think Meager (pronounced "m-A-ger") will show marked improvement vs Tulsa. He he had a good game vs MT; but to quote Coach Dickey in tonights radio show, Daniel had a good game--but not a great game. I think the great game is around the corner, though, but probably not the Tulsa game.

No news here, but we are the 3'rd youngest team in NCAA D1-A according to the MGRN guys, and so we have to take that into consideration.

Mean Green Nation as the 12'th Man? That could make a difference in this game. cool.gif

NT....24

TU....17

"Okay, let's say Da Bears miss de flight and Ditka has to play da Saints by himself?"

Bob Swerski....."Ditka by 7"

Carl Wollarski....."Dika in overtime"

Todd O'Conner....."Ditka in a blow-out"

Pat Arnold....."Ditka wins de-uh coin toss and never gives da ball to de Saints"

Tommy Arnold....."Ditka kicks the winning field goal"

Denise Swerski....."Ditka...easy pick"

Todd's Wife....."Well the Saints, of course?....(others stare at her).....I mean Ditka".

North Texas is a blow-out. 34-7

GMG!!!

The fact is, Tulsa is not that good of a team. If TCU can beat OU, Tulsa holding them to a close game isn't exactly bragging. Not to mention a second string QB for OU. I see that the Mean Green have a tough time developing the run in the first half, but Meager steps up with a TD pass, and probably a INT or 2. The defense plays better this week, but TU doesn't turn it over 4 times in the Redzone like MTSU. The run develops in the second half, but the young defense might faulter alittle, and as I see it, North Texas pulls off a close one

NT 30

Tulsa 27

Bazuldua with winning FG

GMG!!!

I came accross the Bob Stoops coaches show Sunday night, normally I'd just keep going but since we are playing Tulsa next week I wanted to check them out. Now I'm no coach and highlights on a coaches show isn't the same as breaking down film but I noticed a couple of things.

It looks like Tulsa's run defense is primarily out of the 3-4 with the down linemen slanting towards the strong side and linebacker stunting to fill the gaps. Seems like they were doing this on everyplay almost daring OU to beat them with a RS-freshman at QB. Sound familar? If this continues next week and they add a couple pages to Meager's playbook to open up some more play action passes, Screens to the flat and a few down field throws....than we may catch the guys sleeping. Also if they continue slanting like that blocking down and running towards the weakside might prove productive or if we can get some effective lead blocking or pulling linemen to take out those stunting LB's....who knows.

Whats all this mean.??? I dunno

I expect well still see a limited playbook for the QB, don't make mistakes. Run Ball control offense and rely on the defense to keep it close.

Prediction....UNT 20 Tulsa 17