UNT Announces Football Spring Game Festivities April 6

Just now, Glory to the Green said:

I didn’t eyeroll, but the number of staff members does seem high.  I think it has the entire football staff, though.  Recruiting, GA’s, etc.  

Ok... ty. 

It's trendy right now in college football to have giant staffs, support staffs, etc. That's why I was asking. Just surprised to see a negative net or push program setup this way. Doesn't make much sense. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

On 4/5/2024 at 12:59 PM, Jdawg48 said:

Interesting. Noticed a few names are missing. Where is the RB we got from Minnesota? 

These are just team rosters for today's game. Injured guys aren't on it. If you go to the official site.....Zach Evans is still on the roster. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Yep. Earl looked pretty Sharpe. The freshman from China Spring has a very strong arm and he has good/very good acceleration. when he takes off to run. Mooney didn't impress me at all. 

The three guys that really got my attention were the converted WR, Shane Porter, #24 playing RB. They gave him a lot of reps. Very good moves at the line of scrimmage (changing direction) and sometimes pretty hard to bring down. Not bad for someone who is 177lbs. The other one is the transfer, Oscar Hammond, TE #23.  He takes all of the pain out of losing Mr. Gumms to Arkansas. #3  Richard Rocquemore #81. Brought down two very long balls whilst being very closely covered.

Yes, Hammond was impressive. Farrar & Porter both looked good at RB. Heard Wesloski's name quite a bit on defense. Also Spruills did pretty good at safety.

• Upvote 4

I wasn't there. Only stat that sticks out to me is that Earle threw 1 TD pass and Cash McCollum, the early enrollee true freshman, had 150 passing yards for 2 TDs. Either Cash is the real deal or we better hope Chandler Morris is the real deal.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

40 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I wasn't there. Only stat that sticks out to me is that Earle threw 1 TD pass and Cash McCollum, the early enrollee true freshman, had 150 passing yards for 2 TDs. Either Cash is the real deal or we better hope Chandler Morris is the real deal.

17-22 for 214 yards according to Vito for Earle.  Pretty good percentage.  My understanding is they made White play into the wind the whole game instead of flipping.  Maybe because the lead was so big? 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, GreenBacker said:

17-22 for 214 yards according to Vito for Earle.  Pretty good percentage.  My understanding is they made White play into the wind the whole game instead of flipping.  Maybe because the lead was so big? 

The two TD passes by Cash and the Green Team were into the wind. Stone’s TD pass was into the wind also. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

We better hope that he is more durable than when he was at TCU. OR that he can get rid of the ball quickly. 

• Upvote 2