UAB (2/18/24)

Big Z

I want to at least split with the good teams and beat all the bad ones…. We really need to go 6-0 here heading into the tournament and hope that gets us the first round by. All out. We need Rubin and Noland for this run and the tournament. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I don't think we see Rubin before March.  I like the idea of getting him a couple games prior to the tournament, but wouldn't be upset if Hodge held him out until R1.

FAU's final stretch is murderer's row., with SMU's schedule a close second  Wow.

Totally respect your opinion. My opinion is that the longer he is out, the harder it will be to integrate him into the current flow. The team looked good last night. Like tournament ready good. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Though he can get reps and warm up in practice it shouldn’t hurt to get him 5-6 minutes in a couple games before the tournament. Run with the starters as they mask/shield and let him go 50-60 percent even. Just getting in game minutes. Don’t want him cold and then suddenly starting and getting 30 plus minutes come tournament time. 

He still looked stiff on the bench.  I worry that this could go beyond the post season.  I hope I am wrong. 

On a positive note it seems like Buggs is stepping up his game as is Robert.

• Upvote 4

20 hours ago, NT93 said:

Stating the obvious here, but 6-0 is the ceiling and 4-2 is the floor.  Not much room for error.

Agree with this….

also that a few of the teams ahead of us have tough schedules down the stretch. Feels like we just went through it….at near half strength. 

Last few weeks in this conference are going to be fun. A lot of movement could take place. Take care of business against these last few opponents, Get our guys back healthy and we could make a run. Top 4 seed for the tourney is not out of the question. 

Put your seat belts on! 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Agree with this….

also that a few of the teams ahead of us have tough schedules down the stretch. Feels like we just went through it….at near half strength. 

Last few weeks in this conference are going to be fun. A lot of movement could take place. Take care of business against these last few opponents, Get our guys back healthy and we could make a run. Top 4 seed for the tourney is not out of the question. 

Put your seat belts on! 

Sooooo much this. Exactly what I think too. This league has too many good teams to predict who will be in the top 5 at the end.

And to emphasize it even more... we went through the "gauntlet" with injuries.